Home

I'm shocked on companies movement on patches and updates for next gen games......

This is a discussion on I'm shocked on companies movement on patches and updates for next gen games...... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm shocked on companies movement on patches and updates for next gen games......

Hi everyone, just wanted toexpress my opinions out there on the slow process in getting updates and patches out on next gen games. I mean the hype was to get one of the new consoles either xbox one or ps4, when it comes out because the future of gaming is here..but it seems they drag there feet when it comes to update or patches. Case in point nba live for instance, they know they didnt come out with that great of a game. In fact one of thedevelopers wrote a letter to customers apologizing and said they will jump on fixing the problems asap to satisfy customers. But its been over a month and really nothing has happened. Except for minor bug fixes. Another issue is why are current gens getting quicker updates than next gen? Nba2k for example, the knicks orange jersery update has been out for weeks on current and i have yet to see it on next gen. I mean they are finally starting to speed up roster updates. Which is a start. I just figured that next gen issues would take top priority 1st before current gen. Since thats the direction we are going.

I figured if you want customers to jump on next gen consoles and games, jump on issues right away and satisfy customer complaints and thus insure more sales and customer confidence, when they move up to next gen consoles and games. Cuz frankly i dont really get the vibe that consumers are overwhelmed at this point. And people are holding back because of this. I dont feel like i'm knocking the work that has been done, cuz i enjoy my ps4 and looking forward to getting a xbox one. Im just concerned on the follow up. Just my opinion andmaybe i'm jumping the gun. Just had to get it out there. Please give me your opinions good or bad ill listen.....thanks......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: I'm shocked on companies movement on patches and updates for next gen games......

Considering way more people own last gen then current gen, last gen will always take priority when it comes to patches and updates. Just a matter of smart business sense.

4 million people worldwide own a PS4 and Xbox One, compared to 160 million 360 and PS3 owners......

If you were business owner, who would you cater to first ? Small number of people or the large number of people ?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Re: I'm shocked on companies movement on patches and updates for next gen games......

True cant argue that statement. But if you want more than 40 mil on next gen. You got to show more speed and efficiency and focus more on the next gen. Stand by it. So easier for consumers to make the transition with confidence. Thus you can dwindle down your focus and current gen and spend more time on making next gen great._
Old 12-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm sorry but bugs are the greatest obstacles new technology adopters get to suffer with. You may enjoy the new tech but many will suffer the inconveniences of having the newest and bestest.

Most gamers don't purchase the current gen systems during the first few months of release. Most of the bugs will be fixed by then. That's why some of us wait.

I hadn't heard about the NBA live statement but if it's true it's pretty comical, "We know we released a ****ty product but trust us, we'll fix it really quick".

If you start believing every developer that says they'll make quick fixes you're going to have a long annoyed gamer road ahead of you.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Considering way more people own last gen then current gen, last gen will always take priority when it comes to patches and updates. Just a matter of smart business sense.

4 million people worldwide own a PS4 and Xbox One, compared to 160 million 360 and PS3 owners......

If you were business owner, who would you cater to first ? Small number of people or the large number of people ?
true, but the ps3/xb360 is shrinking where as next gen is growing..So next gen should get the same level of support, or a tad lower than last gen. Since they are virtually pcs, shouldn't they be easier to patch than say 360 or ps3? I still think for launch, its not much of a concern. This is launch window. The games aren't always perfect and often rushed. The only game that's consistent on all platforms is bf4..cause it's incomplete, glitchy and was rushed on all platforms lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
true, but the ps3/xb360 is shrinking where as next gen is growing..So next gen should get the same level of support, or a tad lower than last gen. Since they are virtually pcs, shouldn't they be easier to patch than say 360 or ps3? I still think for launch, its not much of a concern. This is launch window. The games aren't always perfect and often rushed. The only game that's consistent on all platforms is bf4..cause it's incomplete, glitchy and was rushed on all platforms lol.
Totally agree with your assessment.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
I'm sorry but bugs are the greatest obstacles new technology adopters get to suffer with. You may enjoy the new tech but many will suffer the inconveniences of having the newest and bestest.

Most gamers don't purchase the current gen systems during the first few months of release. Most of the bugs will be fixed by then. That's why some of us wait.

I hadn't heard about the NBA live statement but if it's true it's pretty comical, "We know we released a ****ty product but trust us, we'll fix it really quick".

If you start believing every developer that says they'll make quick fixes you're going to have a long annoyed gamer road ahead of you.
I understand, but now we are on the 4th console for playstation, and xbox is right there as well they give these developers more power and room to make a good game. They should have it down by now. Of course they won't be perfect nothing is. But updates and patches shouldnt take this long. Not now. Thats all i'm saying here._and if it's about money then get itright the1st time. You wouldnt have to worry about patches and updates.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster

Btw go to ea sportssite then nba live14 you will see the "apology" i believe its in the middle of page written by sen o'brien if i'm correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »