Home

Unloading my video game life.

This is a discussion on Unloading my video game life. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Unloading my video game life.

I'm seriously considering dumping video games. We've had a great run, but they've become too much of a money pit over the years. I started thinking, how awesome would it be to just unload the entire thing onto someone? Does anyone know if it would technically be legal to sell console(s) with your gamertag and all games on the hard drive and live membership already purchased. And would it be something worthwhile to do?

I'm looking at dropping my Xbox 360 and potentially my One with everything included. Has anyone done this? The easy route is gamestop by I feel like I would be getting taken going there. I've got the following purchased on the system:
Spoiler

And that's just what's on disc. Any thoughts on if this would even be worth trying to sell?

Last edited by almostbobsaget; 03-13-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Unloading my video game life.

Ebay.....Ebay it all.

You should be able to clear $1,000 on the Xbox One and games alone. The 360 stuff really not worth a lot to be honest, considering it is mostly old games. Ebay would be your best bet for the 360 stuff.

The One and games, you can get a pretty fair price for it at Best Buy.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

That's what I figured. Does anyone know if games downloaded to an Xbox One will work with any gamertag (ie. if I sell the system will the new owner be able to use the games like they own the game)?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
That's what I figured. Does anyone know if games downloaded to an Xbox One will work with any gamertag (ie. if I sell the system will the new owner be able to use the games like they own the game)?
I'm pretty sure that your downloaded games are tied to your gamertag thus they will not work for someone else.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I'm pretty sure that your downloaded games are tied to your gamertag thus they will not work for someone else.
Yeah, and I'm not sure it's legal to transfer a gamertag between people....you can probably do it, but I don't think MS likes that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
I'm seriously considering dumping video games. We've had a great run, but they've become too much of a money pit over the years. I started thinking, how awesome would it be to just unload the entire thing onto someone? Does anyone know if it would technically be legal to sell console(s) with your gamertag and all games on the hard drive and live membership already purchased. And would it be something worthwhile to do?

I'm looking at dropping my Xbox 360 and potentially my One with everything included. Has anyone done this? The easy route is gamestop by I feel like I would be getting taken going there. I've got the following purchased on the system:
Spoiler

And that's just what's on disc. Any thoughts on if this would even be worth trying to sell?
Nah, I wouldn't try to sell it, too much of a hassle. I'll swing by and take it off your hands!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »