Home

Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

This is a discussion on Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
It all depends what your looking for, in terms of game exclusives right now xb1 has that in the bag at this point
Uh. not for me. The Show(which really seals the deal for me), UC series etc.. for PS4 and the only one on the X1 I'm really interested in is Halo at this point.

So once again it all depends on what games each person likes.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Uh. not for me. The Show(which really seals the deal for me), UC series etc.. for PS4 and the only one on the X1 I'm really interested in is Halo at this point.

So once again it all depends on what games each person likes.

I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive. Looks just fun. As I get older, it seems like I'm interested in playing games that are just fun. I'm looking sure I'll get Halo. Just picked up Dead Rising today. Passed on it so long because not into Zombie games but it seems there are a ton of zombie games on the way.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 06-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #35
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Haven't read any comments, but I'll leave my short opinion.

I bought an Xbox One in early December, then earlier this year traded it for a PS4. I don't entirely regret the decision, but I miss some perks of the Xbox One. Namely, Ryse. Also, while I didn't particularly enjoy or take advantage of the One's all-in-one entertainment system with television integration, looking back I do miss having that option.

Flip to the current system, the PS4. I bought it almost exclusively for MLB. I think the game is awesome, but not deserving of that reason alone to buy the system. Luckily, PS+ has a lot to offer with free games being pretty fun, and I've enjoyed my beta access to Playstation Now, as well the great War Thunder (I also own/enjoy Killzone, Madden, Watch Dogs and Tomb Raider).

I'm not going to bash the One. I enjoyed it, and up until I bought the PS4 have always been a Microsoft console owner. But I've enjoyed the PS4 just as much, and honestly think it'll have more to offer for gaming in the long run.

To sum it all up, I'll be getting another One by the end of the summer. There are just too many awesome exclusives to not own both systems.

Last edited by EUBlink; 06-14-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #36
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
It all depends what your looking for, in terms of game exclusives right now xb1 has that in the bag at this point, if graphics and resolution is something of importance I heard ps4 runs 1080 p and xb1 runs 720p, if you do a lot of streaming (Netflix, hulu, WWE network) I think both systems are even in that regard

I'm not sure ps4 has this but if you want to have your cable box plugged into your system and not have to swap between inputs xbox1 is a good option
To say that PS4 is 1080P and XB1 is 720P is beyond an overstatement. I do not think there is more then a game or two at most that are 720p on the xb 1...This whole nonsense started with COD Ghost.

The XB1 has plenty of games that hit 1080p.

Madden
NBA
FOrza
Fifa
Wolfenstein
The Up Coming Destiny game

The XB1 seems to border around 792 to 900 with some 1080p

Now that the new SDK is out for the devs games will increase across the board when they release like Destiny which now is 1080p on XB1 with the new SDK
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #37
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

here is what i want to know. i dont care about graphics all i want is great game play and for things to be fluid. which system gives me that xbox or ps?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #38

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
here is what i want to know. i dont care about graphics all i want is great game play and for things to be fluid. which system gives me that xbox or ps?
That would come down to the individual games, not the console. Both consoles offer games with great gameplay that are fluid. Just look at the upcoming exclusives for both consoles and decide which ones would you rather play more ? whichever system exclusively offers more of the games you want go with that.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #39
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
I do. 90 percent of my sports gaming is online.

Whatever the cause, they clearly didn't make online a priority when creating the game. That doesn't happen with Xbox titles.

As of late I've come to this same conclusion. I was so excited to buy MLB the show and so heart broken when I played the game online. It just seems like online isn't a priority of this Dev and I can't picture this ever happening with an Xbox exclusive. I'll say that I started out with the ps4 first and really enjoy the console, but as of late I've been playing and enjoying the one a little more. I wasn't a fan of the tv stuff at all at first, but now I like it. It's pretty cool to be watching tv and see your friends log on and hit you up to chat or game or even watch a sporting event while being in a party with all your friends. Also, the voice commands are cool when they work lol. My wife actually enjoys the one's voice commands too which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #40
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
PS4 is my go to console this gen, but am really starting to enjoy the Xbox One a lot more. For months it felt like a $500 paperweight, but that has changed quite a bit.

I also must mention how much I enjoy the voice controls now - as a father of a 6 month old, it is so nice to be able to say Xbox got to app, select 1, volume up or pause - good stuff.

I still enjoy the Sony exclusives a lot more, the user interface simplicity more, but the old Xbox is finding its niche in our home.
I'm in the same boat. After the first week of owning it I went through a 7 week period of literally never turning on my One, but that has changed quite a bit, and when Crackdown comes out I will be on my One all damn day lol, love that franchise.

I also agree that an Xone exclusive will probably never have terrible online play. So, I will concede that if you are an online only kind of guy, I would say get the One

Again, you seriously can't go wrong here. Both consoles succeed in a lot of ways

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »