Home

Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

This is a discussion on Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0
Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

I was going to wait till next year to purchase a new console but my birthday is next month and I've decided to use it as an excuse to buy a new console now while my wife is willing be going half on it with me as a gift.
I thought E3 was going to be the determining factor in which console I choose but E3 was kinda weak this year IMO. Most of the games I like are on both consoles and non of them have any must have exclusives. So I need help choosing which console to buy next month. Right now I am leaning towards the PS4 because of PS Now, PS Plus, and PS TV (like the feature that you can have the console in one room, and play it in another room in your home.)
I guess now the big determining factor would be the online service/performance and features they offer. I know PS3 online was slow and laggy compared to the 360 last gen, is it the same case with the PS4? and which console does multi-platform games look and play better on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Somebody with both consoles (PS4 & XboxONE) help me out.

Good luck with this man, I honestly think it will be hard to get unbiased reactions from people.

I own both. I like both a lot. That is all I will say publicly. I will PM you the rest of my response.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
I guess now the big determining factor would be the online service/performance and features they offer. I know PS3 online was slow and laggy compared to the 360 last gen, is it the same case with the PS4?
The online with the PS4 is nothing like PS3 online, I really can't tell a difference in online quality between the 2 systems, both perform well.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Good luck with this man, I honestly think it will be hard to get unbiased reactions from people.

I own both. I like both a lot. That is all I will say publicly. I will PM you the rest of my response.
Yeah. IMO if you like the Xbox TV stuff (and other features), Kinect control (voice and otherwise) then I'd seriously look at that. PS4 is a bit better performer now (though MS is trying to get more power), so if you're a pure gamer I'd go more towards PS4.

I happened to like the TV stuff, and IMO the graphics differences are pretty tough to see unless you have them right next to each other.

I don't know which exclusives you like, that could help sway you if you're on the fence.

IMO though, they're both great systems, so you can't lose.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yeah. IMO if you like the Xbox TV stuff (and other features), Kinect control (voice and otherwise) then I'd seriously look at that. PS4 is a bit better performer now (though MS is trying to get more power), so if you're a pure gamer I'd go more towards PS4.

I happened to like the TV stuff, and IMO the graphics differences are pretty tough to see unless you have them right next to each other.

I don't know which exclusives you like, that could help sway you if you're on the fence.

IMO though, they're both great systems, so you can't lose.
What TV stuff are you speaking of that you like? I like that you can play the game while watching TV at the same time (wish you could change the size of the pictures though.) And the fact that you don't have to change inputs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

OK.. So I am wanting to play mostly sports games.. Now the the xbox one has dropped I am now not sure what console to get... any help would be greyt
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
OK.. So I am wanting to play mostly sports games.. Now the the xbox one has dropped I am now not sure what console to get... any help would be greyt
If you play baseball games, get a PS4. Other than that, I think all other sports games come out on both consoles and don't have many differences between the consoles.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

IMO it comes down to which system has the exclusives you like the best.
The tv stuff wasn't something I remotely cared about so that wasn't a big selling point for me.
MS's original plan at release really soured me but in the long run they did me a favor as I'm very happy with the PS4.

I am a baseball fan big time so the scales tipped heavily in the PS4 favor obviously.
PS+ right now is the better service as far as free games but Live is getting better.
10.00 cheaper also.
PSN has been smooth for me with 2 complete Madden seasons and not one issue.

I was a huge 360 over PS3 last gen but this is totally flipped this go round for ME.

Both systems are nice but you just need to see what they are offering separate from each other and compare to what you want/like.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »