Home

Capcom in Trouble and open to Buyout

This is a discussion on Capcom in Trouble and open to Buyout within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Capcom in Trouble and open to Buyout

The new RE games haven't even had real zombies, they have been like cannibals. I used to love the RE series and it is really sad they direction they have taken it. Don't even get me started on Mega Man. Talk about just killing off a successful series for no reason. I really hope someone absorbs them. Just not EA please.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

All the great companies from the snes/gen and psone/saturn/dreamcast eras are total and complete crap nowadays. I used to love capcom back then but they dont have a clue.

If they get bought out, im hoping sony buys them out as ps4 is easily dominating right now and adding all their franchises as exclusives would be a huge gain. After sony, wouldnt mind nintendo buying capcom with ubisoft third.

In no way shape or form do i want to see ea or microsoft buyout capcom as that would jusy bury them even more.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
All the great companies from the snes/gen and psone/saturn/dreamcast eras are total and complete crap nowadays. I used to love capcom back then but they dont have a clue.

If they get bought out, im hoping sony buys them out as ps4 is easily dominating right now and adding all their franchises as exclusives would be a huge gain. After sony, wouldnt mind nintendo buying capcom with ubisoft third.

In no way shape or form do i want to see ea or microsoft buyout capcom as that would jusy bury them even more.
Sony doesn't have the money. I don't want EA touching them. Ideally what happens with them is the same thing that happened with THQ. IP's for sale. I'd hope Nintendo got Mega Man. I think that's the perfect place for that franchise. Some third party would need to pick up Street Fighter. I couldn't see that game on just one console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733

I own a PS4 and Xbone but play my PS4 more at this moment but saying Sony is "Dominating" is pushing it drastically. Microsoft had already sold more Xbones than 360's at this point in each systems timeline. With Phiul Spencer there and the Kinectless Xbone along with some new games coming out in the future they will do fine. Yes Sony is doing better but its not like Microsoft is doing nothing.

Like it was pointed out already, most of their IP's will probably be sold individually. I hope there wont be any going to any exclusive developers however (Hate exclusives but I understand them) but Megaman with Nintendo does seem like a very nice fit for them.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #13
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Capcom has had a mass exodus in talent. I don't think there's been another company since the end of the PS2-era with Square-Enix that has lost as much key talent as Capcom did during the last generation.

I'm afraid some Mobile/F2P company is going to get a majority stake in them.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #14

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Capcom...

Talk about a fall from giant to worthless. The only IP they have worth playing now is Phoenix Wright.

99% of their IPs are absolute trash compared to where they started.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Capcom...

Talk about a fall from giant to worthless. The only IP they have worth playing now is Phoenix Wright.

99% of their IPs are absolute trash compared to where they started.
I'd like to see a true sequel to Dragon's Dogma. The game had a lot of good ideas, and the pawn system was rewarding once figured out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Sony doesn't have the money. I don't want EA touching them. Ideally what happens with them is the same thing that happened with THQ. IP's for sale. I'd hope Nintendo got Mega Man. I think that's the perfect place for that franchise. Some third party would need to pick up Street Fighter. I couldn't see that game on just one console.
Wouldnt mind IP's for sale but only to third parties. Wouldnt want to see a first party get exclusive rights to any IP unless its the entire company. Sony could find a way if they wanted to. Just doubt that they would be interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »