Home

My Sony Playstation 4 Experience

This is a discussion on My Sony Playstation 4 Experience within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: My Sony Playstation 4 Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
I totally understand a Sony store is different than Playstation, and their hands are certainly tied in terms of what they can do for me. It was just something I thought I'd try. In terms of expectations I expect when I make a purchase of upwards of $400 it won't break, let alone break twice after I send it away to be "repaired." I don't think it's crazy to expect a new system rather than continuously send it away to be "repaired." Of course you guys only see one side of the story, but the bottom line is I'm still trying to get my hands on their product. I'm just trying to game lmaooo.
Putting emphasis on price and then dismissing it all as just trying to game is kinda having it both ways though. Consumer electronics fail, these aren't simple devices, and there are paths to have them fixed and Sony is providing you a path to do so.

Arbitrarily demanding something they're not able to provide instead of letting them fix your console unreasonable and on you though. Why stop there, you've missed time gaming, you should be entitled to some free games too right? lmaooo.

Really though, all are to blame. Your expectations are too high and they did a poor job of resetting them (or you wouldn't let them). The people you are talking to absolutely want to help, but when you demand things they can't do there's nothing more than can do to help you. And then you go into a store that has little to do with any of it and ask the same of those front-line sales reps that are already dealing with the chaos of the holidays and are surprised to be disappointed again?

Take a step back and just take the path of least resistance. Even a BBB complaint would be easily closed in Sony's favor at this point, they've exercised all reasonable means to assist you.

A sneak preview for what's next up in the disappointment department... I'd worry Sears is even getting anymore PS4 shipments this month. With Christmas just 2 weeks away and the larger/specialty CE retailers cranking through units, wouldn't be surprised if it was the new year before they get more. I hope that's not the case.

I'd just let Sony fix it a second time, Good luck.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Haha I don't think sears is getting anymore for a little while. I understand all that you're saying except I don't see how bringing up the price and saying I just want to game has anything to do with one another? I do just want to game however it's not just a $20 item I can just be like "well I'll just go grab as other I've had enough of this headache." Yes you can say my expectations are too high expecting them to meet my demand. But when you say they've exercised all their options, in my opinion I don't think what I've "demanded" is out of the question.

I bought it and 6 days later it breaks, no big deal I was fine sending it away it sucks but you're 100% right I can't expect electronics to all work (especially because of potential damage shipping to stores and unloading etc.). I wait two weeks for it to return home to me which is fine but after paying for their product it has now been in shipment and repair longer than I've had it. Two days after that it breaks again. I trusted Sonys process without a problem and did everything they asked. They're process failed, bc now it's been a month I've had their product and have had a total of 8 days to play. Again in my opinion it's not unreasonable to "demand" a different system.

This is all ignoring the fact that when I ask what was originally wrong with it they don't tell me. And yes I'll drop the money line again, I spent over $500 on products and accessories that I've been able to play 8 days in a month and I can't even figure out what was originally wrong with the system. I don't see where the fault lies on my behalf except for not putting my faith in a process (shipping it away) that already didn't work.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Well, keep us updated and let us know how well yelling at the sky works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's bad costumer service in my mind. You seemed to be pretty reasonable with them on the first attempt. I would have been pissed after it broke again too.

Consumers, in my mind, deserve to be treated better than that. There are companies that would have acted differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1975
That's bad costumer service in my mind. You seemed to be pretty reasonable with them on the first attempt. I would have been pissed after it broke again too.

Consumers, in my mind, deserve to be treated better than that. There are companies that would have acted differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I think too. It's not like I went into the Sony physical location screaming and yelling. I simply said "hey this is what's going on, is there anything you can do?" And was completely fine with what they said, they'll send an email to support elevating the status of my claim and we'd receive a call or email within 48 hours. I received no call or email. I don't want to accuse the employee of lying to me, but I was ignored so I'm curious what happened there too.

Mesteveo my man I'm not yelling at anyone. Just telling my story about how Sony has treated a willing and paying customer lol. It might not get me anywhere but I thought I should share it. This discussion alone exceeded my expectations.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Sorry to hear about all the time you wasted with good intention. Speaking from experience, always take a defective item back to the store. That's the advantage of having a proxy between you and the manufacturer. You should have been given a brand new one off the shelf and they would work directly with Sony to deal with the lemon. (Just realized you say Sears didn't have one in stock.) Curious, why Sears? I know if walked into my local Sears they would look at me as if I'm crazy... Its considered a hardware store more than anything here in CA.

Last edited by RunN1st; 12-13-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

That's a real bummer, man. I just got a refurbished PS4 from Sony after my launch day system died from the disc eject error, so I hope my refurb ends up lasting longer than yours did. Sony's warranty on replacement systems is only 30 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
Rookie

stevieaces's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
That's a real bummer, man. I just got a refurbished PS4 from Sony after my launch day system died from the disc eject error, so I hope my refurb ends up lasting longer than yours did. Sony's warranty on replacement systems is only 30 days.

My refurb is doing the same thing now. Wont eject disc at all again. Ive had it since October. It ejects blu rays just fine which leads me to believe the game disc are too thick. I'll probably just start buying games digital so I can at least use the blu ray for movies as Im past the 30 day window now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »