Home

Cannot Start the PS4.

This is a discussion on Cannot Start the PS4. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cannot Start the PS4.

I was playing the Binding of Isaac and my power went out. When i tried to turn my PS4 back on it said it cannot start the PS4, plug in your controller, and now it wants me to reinstall update 2.04. I don't want to do this because I think my Isaac save file is going to get deleted, and i realllllly don't want to start over and do all that bull**** again. Can you fellers help me out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Cannot Start the PS4.

A PS4 update won't corrupt a save file, a corruption will corrupt a save file. Qué será, será.

Once when I got my PS3 repaired I had to put my larger HDD back in, and when I restored everything from my external HDD it asked me to rebuild the database. All save files were lost that weren't on the cloud (I think I had everything though), but I had to copy it all over and re-download every digital file (games & DLC). I blamed it on rebuilding the HDD and warned others to never do this. Little did I know, there was just some other error that forced all this to happen in the first place. I still don't know what it was.

Anyway, my point is that if your file is lost, updating your PS4 won't be what causes it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-01-2020, 03:46 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cannot Start the PS4.

I was on my PS4 PRO playing Madden 20 CFM game and the PS4 just flashed the screen and shut off.

I cant get it to turn back on longer than 3 secs. I've unplugged it moved it to different outlet.

I unplug the reply back I push power blue light comes on for about 3 secs and thats it.

Any suggestion what the issue is?

I'm guessing power supply or something. I am hoping someone knows a way to get the PS4 to stay on long enough to rebuild data base or for a way for it to stay on longer than 3 secs.

Thanks,

H.B.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »