Home

Gamescom 2015 XBOX ONE Briefing (Watch here)

This is a discussion on Gamescom 2015 XBOX ONE Briefing (Watch here) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Exclamation Gamescom 2015 XBOX ONE Briefing (Watch here)

Here is the link to the feed for the Xbox briefing which starts at 10am eastern time

http://kotaku.com/watch-the-big-xbox...ium=Socialflow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gamescom 2015 XBOX ONE Briefing (Watch here)

Quantum Break Release Date

Spoiler

Crackdown release date
Spoiler

- DVR Functionality coming to XBox 2016
- 100 new BC games coming Nov 2015
- MS secures Legends from FIFA such as Nesta, Deco, Best, etc........
- Halo Wars 2 Announced for Fall 2016

Last edited by Picci; 08-04-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 08-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Watched the entire conference. Good showing and saw what I wanted to see so im happy. With that said, here's my summary -

-Quantum Break looks great and gameplay wise, im definitely looking forward to the game itself. Remedy is an excellent developer and im hoping this game turns out to be excellent.

-My only concern is with the TV show implementation. For those who don't know, Shawn Ashmore is from the TV series The Following with Kevin Bacon. Not sure how the TV show implementation is going to work but I'll be honest, I hope it doesn't bring down the game itself. Game seems to have a unique and innovative approach and im really hoping the game doesn't get oversaturated by the TV show implementation. This is the only thing that concerns me about Quantum Break

-Scalebound gameplay looked good as was pretty much what I expected but I hate the main character and the humor. Seriously, he's wearing what looks to be a beats headset??? Game is over a year away and im hoping they somewhat change the main character's appearance.

-Crackdown 3 looked good in it's pre-alpha stage but I can see it slipping into 2017.

-Out of all the Indie stuff they showed, the only one I truly care about is Bloodstained. A 2.5D Castlevania type game. Hell yeah.

-The features that will be added to Xbox One were good and thankfully, kept short.

-Main negative of the show was the Halo 5 eSports crap. Seriously? Commentators? Is 343 trying to kill off Halo or something? Halo IS Xbox and while I personally don't have any interest in the game, I do want the game to be good and why they didn't show single player gameplay is puzzling to me as it's less than three months away. Really hoping that 343 doesn't screw up Halo 5.

-Just Cause 3 is multi-platform but jeez, im buying this game on day one. Looks insane with all the stuff you can do and blow up.

-Rainbow Six Siege was a disappointment. Hoping Ubisoft releases some better videos this week of their upcoming games.

-Halo Wars 2 is an excellent announcement for those who are into the game.

-Rise of the Tomb Raider disappointed me. The gameplay shown looks good but it's nothing different than the first one. Then, they tease everyone by showing a very short segment of the Tombs. Why not show a walkthrough of one of the tombs in which there appears to be 15 of them? Also, will these be implemented into the main story or are they a side activity? Really hoping that the tombs are implemented into the main story campaign. If it's just on the side and/or optional, im going to be disappointed. After all, Lara Croft is a TOMB RAIDER!!!!

Overall, a good press conference showing off their 2016 games, a few release dates and their holiday 2015 lineup.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

That was a hell of a showing. Lots of great games in the pipeline.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Watched the entire conference.
-My only concern is with the TV show implementation. For those who don't know, Shawn Ashmore is from the TV series The Following with Kevin Bacon. Not sure how the TV show implementation is going to work but I'll be honest, I hope it doesn't bring down the game itself. Game seems to have a unique and innovative approach and im really hoping the game doesn't get oversaturated by the TV show implementation. This is the only thing that concerns me about Quantum Break
I was hoping they explained the show/gameplay connection. I'm still not sure how this is implemented. Is it that you play the game first and your choices are played out on the show? How many shows? Is it part of the game or is it a scheduled TV event?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I was hoping they explained the show/gameplay connection. I'm still not sure how this is implemented. Is it that you play the game first and your choices are played out on the show? How many shows? Is it part of the game or is it a scheduled TV event?
As far as I know, it's supposed to be a part of the game itself but I don't know how or in what context. Was originally supposed to be an actual TV series but that changed once that division was shutdown.

Personally, I think that the game would be far better off without it but as of right now, all we can do is take a wait and see approach.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

This is how it was explained two years ago:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/qu...an-wake-2.aspx

Quote:
So you play an episode of the game, you do certain junction points and choices along the way, and once you get to the end, we unlock an episode of the show. You get to watch it and see the consequences of the choices you’ve made in the game. Then you see glimpses of other stuff that helps you in the game, it gives you further information about certain things as well as clues how to unlock even further material. And then once again you get to play another episode of the game and it goes like that. Obviously, you as a gamer have freedom if you choose to skip the episode of the show and keep on going. You’re free to do that and come back to the show and watch it later on. We are trying to nail the perfect pacing so that doing it as intended, you get a deeper, more powerful experience.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Halo wars 2??? Oh snap

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »