Home

Using the headset for chat in games, yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Using the headset for chat in games, yay or nay? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Using the headset for chat in games, yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
What's weird is I didn't really get a gaming headset until about 13 months ago.
Heh, I have had PS4 and X1 since day one and just this past weekend bought Astro A50's. I mean I do have the PS4 Golds but only used them a few times as I just never really used a mic this gen unlike last generation where I used the Xbox 360 wireless headset a good bit.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #26
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

I typically stay quiet until I'm comfortable or keep my mic on mute so I don't disturb anyone else's hearing with all the noise in the background when I have family over. (And to block out all the cursing I'm dishing out while playing)

I'm not the social type at all really but I did meet some solid cats from my early Gears 1 & 2 days that broke me out my shell a bit.

I went from not talking unless necessary (enemy here) next ring location will be here. Flash forward years later and we chat up a storm about the smallest crap ever, and text each other weekly if not daily.

They sent me some dope birthday gifts last year, and I consider them to be my closest friends even though I only met up with one of them before. Just to think a common video game brought us all together and years later we still chat regardless if we never all game together.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 55

I'm an extreme extrovert, so I am comfortable talking to pretty much anybody and chat with OS users all the time.

Either way, it's not a real party chat until Kramer calls Coffey a dildo.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I typically stay quiet until I'm comfortable or keep my mic on mute so I don't disturb anyone else's hearing with all the noise in the background when I have family over. (And to block out all the cursing I'm dishing out while playing)

I'm not the social type at all really but I did meet some solid cats from my early Gears 1 & 2 days that broke me out my shell a bit.

I went from not talking unless necessary (enemy here) next ring location will be here. Flash forward years later and we chat up a storm about the smallest crap ever, and text each other weekly if not daily.

They sent me some dope birthday gifts last year, and I consider them to be my closest friends even though I only met up with one of them before. Just to think a common video game brought us all together and years later we still chat regardless if we never all game together.
You sound a lot like me, I'm the exact same way. Unless I'm drinking, then I talk to anyone and everyone and I'm just like honey badger, I don't give a f**** lol. I guess liquid courage eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I'm an extreme extrovert, so I am comfortable talking to pretty much anybody and chat with OS users all the time.

Either way, it's not a real party chat until Kramer calls Coffey a dildo.
I need to get with more folks like you to bring me out of my shell! If I'm not on your friends list please add me, Catch22 on Xbox One and OS_ODogg on PS4.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 02-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

I need to get with more folks like you to bring me out of my shell! If I'm not on your friends list please add me, Catch22 on Xbox One and OS_ODogg on PS4.
You need to get on that GTA V on PS4 then.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #30
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for making this thread, it's definitely a good question. As someone else mentioned being an extrovert, I consider myself to be mostly the same way.

There are some times when I want to just game and relax casually by myself but usually if I'm playing a Multiplayer game I like to chat with others as it makes the experience better IMO. Plus as we continue to move forward in the gaming industry, more and more games are becoming multiplayer reliant where communicating with others is really important.

And...we can all become virtual life friends! Who doesn't want that? Hahaha

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »