Home

Microsoft Elite Controller - Tips & Tricks?

This is a discussion on Microsoft Elite Controller - Tips & Tricks? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Question Microsoft Elite Controller - Tips & Tricks?

So my wife got me a Microsoft Elite Controller for my birthday and I'm loving it!! But I wondered if any of you guys who had it had any tips and tricks about how to best utilize it as I want to make sure I'm using it to its full potential.

So far while my buddy was here we just removed the back flippers (it bothered him) but was wondering how you guys utilize those??? Is there a way to assign L3 / R3 to those flippers?

And any recommendations on the sticks and stick length? The only thing I've found so far is the longest stick works well for me in the right stick position for Rainbow Six Siege.

Let me know you guys input on how you're using yours plz!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 02-17-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Microsoft Elite Controller - Tips & Tricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So my wife got me a Microsoft Elite Controller for my birthday and I'm loving it!! But I wondered if any of you guys who had it had any tips and tricks about how to best utilize it as I want to make sure I'm using it to its full potential.

So far while my buddy was here we just removed the back flippers (it bothered him) but was wondering how you guys utilize those??? Is there a way to assign L3 / R3 to those flippers?

And any recommendations on the sticks and stick length? The only thing I've found so far is the longest stick works well for me in the right stick position for Rainbow Six Siege.

Let me know you guys input on how you're using yours plz!
You can assign those paddles to anything you wish. Just download the ELite Controller app on the XB store. From there you can map it all and you can mess with the deadzone, trigger locks, left and right stick precision.

I use the default left stick and the high stick on the right for more precise movement.

Only game I use the paddle is on Halo 5 due to the need for melee attacks that are very effective.

The left and right stick I moved it in the app from default to aggressive to remove deadzones
Old 02-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
You can assign those paddles to anything you wish. Just download the ELite Controller app on the XB store. From there you can map it all and you can mess with the deadzone, trigger locks, left and right stick precision.

I use the default left stick and the high stick on the right for more precise movement.

Only game I use the paddle is on Halo 5 due to the need for melee attacks that are very effective.

The left and right stick I moved it in the app from default to aggressive to remove deadzones
That's what I was going to do, move the melee attack to a paddle for Rainbow Six Siege. I looked at the software for a little bit when my friend was here but didn't take the time to go through it (as he just wanted to go ahead and get to gaming) but I will have to take another look at that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 02-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #4
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

thank you odogg for making this. I just got the controller there's so much to do. did anyone change the triggers what the green switch in the back of the controller do.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
thank you odogg for making this. I just got the controller there's so much to do. did anyone change the triggers what the green switch in the back of the controller do.
those are trigger stops which cuts the trigger length so you can shoot quicker in shooters. I use it only for shooters online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Quote:
those are trigger stops which cuts the trigger length so you can shoot quicker in shooters. I use it only for shooters online
so should I leave the switch on top or put the switch at the bottom?
Old 02-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #7
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
so should I leave the switch on top or put the switch at the bottom?
leave it default which is the top. When playing shooters lower it so it cuts off half the distance on the trigger.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

Quote:
leave it default which is the top. When playing shooters lower it so it cuts off half the distance on the trigger.
omg thank you so much

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »