Home

I have a confession to make: I don't finish games..

This is a discussion on I have a confession to make: I don't finish games.. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #17
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I have a confession to make: I don't finish games..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster

I do fall for hype trains sometimes still and am working on that problem. I've got stuck into buying/playing games in the past just because friends have and then since they play games like it's their job I'm left in the dust under leveled, unable to play at the same level, kicking myself for falling for it again.
This is me almost to a T !!! There are games that ive gotten sucked into based on hype from people at work who have all the time in the world for games (ie. Division, Destiny..) and are at such a high level that I feel overwhelmed and lost when I play with them. I just end up shelving those games for the most part and move on. I game share with my kid so all is not lost since he is a teen and tends to have more time than I do
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
This is me almost to a T !!! There are games that ive gotten sucked into based on hype from people at work who have all the time in the world for games (ie. Division, Destiny..) and are at such a high level that I feel overwhelmed and lost when I play with them. I just end up shelving those games for the most part and move on. I game share with my kid so all is not lost since he is a teen and tends to have more time than I do
I had to stop playing the games like that due to lack of time. I now sink time into games like Fallout 4
Old 04-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #19
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

I had that problem. But for me it was the fact that all the new games weren't surprising me with any feature that totally blew me away or that I have never seen before. Another thing is that it is possibly because of me getting older and having a family so I can't commit to games like I used to (nor do I want to). So I sold my PS4 and my One and went back to retro gaming. I have an NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1 and PS2 now and I have games that I can just pop in and play and not have to devote as much time as I used to. Waiting for my max drive to show up in the mail tomorrow so I can start playing Madden 06, NCAA 06 and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. :-)
Old 04-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #20
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Prior generations for me, I completed all my games. Since going to this generation, I've found that I have shelved games that I've yet to complete. Alien: Isolation is one game that I stopped and haven't played in awhile but I still want to finish it. The Division, and MGS5: The Phantom Pain are also games that I've stopped playing that I need to complete. The Witcher 3, The Wolf Among Us, and the Mass Effect Trilogy - I've yet to even start. I'm currently playing Uncharted 2 and I'm 70% complete.

If anything, I believe the sports games are the real culprits for me. Last year, I completed The Show 15 franchise and I'm ready to continue my single carryover as NL Champions once the patch rectifies some of the issues in TS16. I'm also thinking of doing a 30 team season play too. Add the major improvements to Madden 16 that had me complete a full season for the 1st time in years and the continued brilliance of NBA 2k, I'm now playing long seasons of my teams throughout the year. Now If hockey and soccer can get closer to the realism then games will be waiting longer.

Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky (which doesn't seem to have an end game) are the 2 games still on my radar.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:14 PM   #21
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm in the same boat. I blame the good folks of OS. Lol. I'm usually all over sports games regardless, but I usually don't buy action/adventure games until I come in here and see everyone raving about a game (multiplayer most of the time). Then I start to feel like I'm missing out and off to Best Buy I go. It's a vicious cycle.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 0

I have a lot of games I need to play more or and that I have not beat. like 50 games. I love games but I am 26 and I love sports. So between keeping up with sports, working, going to school, sleeping I just don't have much time to play video games any more. Heck now with NBA playoffs going I may not have any time to play video games for like a month. Man I miss the days of being a kid. When you are young and in school you have so much more free time. When you are in school and you get home around 3pm compared to getting home several hours later with work, and with having weekends off, and a lot of other days during the school year that you don't get off with work. Also getting a lot more vacation time with summer vacation then most jobs give you in a year you just have much more free time. I really wish there where more then 24 hours in a day or that you didn't have to sleep. I think the only way I am ever going to be close to beating and playing ever game I have enough would be if I never had to work another day in my life.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:13 AM   #23
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I stopped finishing games when I built my PC Gaming rig.

Twitch Stream
Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #24
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

A strange twist on this but actually the games I have enjoyed the most usually go unfinished. Games like the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. After 70 plus hours I start burning out. But damn I love them while I play them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »