Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #81

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

I will probably get it because my wife loves a lot of the Nintendo franchises and I know that we would both get good use out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 09:40 AM   #82
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

I'll take a wait and see approach. Nintendo hasn't made me interested in a long time. Nice concept but, I need to see how it goes.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Switch makes sense for me as I've flirted with the idea of purchasing a Wii U or 3DS for some time now. My needs are pretty simple. Want to play Mario and Zelda games again. Last Nintendo console I owned was a GameCube so it has been a while. Another reason would be my daughter taking notice of iPad gaming. Nintendo Switch could be perfect for her in year or two if that interest remains or expands.

Day one purchase for me if the price falls between $249.99 and $349.99.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #84
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm in. Sounds like a great piece of tech

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I will probably get it because my wife loves a lot of the Nintendo franchises and I know that we would both get good use out of it.
Yeah my wife loves Nintendo too, esp Mario games..and I want to buy this but man, speaking of the wife if it does come out at $300 it'll be a tough sell.

I wonder if its time to box up the Wii U and see what I can get out of it to sell to put towards this and make sure to notify her the money is going to the Switch??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #86
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Switch makes sense for me as I've flirted with the idea of purchasing a Wii U or 3DS for some time now. My needs are pretty simple. Want to play Mario and Zelda games again. Last Nintendo console I owned was a GameCube so it has been a while. Another reason would be my daughter taking notice of iPad gaming. Nintendo Switch could be perfect for her in year or two if that interest remains or expands.

Day one purchase for me if the price falls between $249.99 and $349.99.
Pretty much the same boat, but minus the kid.

The last Nintendo I owned was a Wii and I loved it - especially the Virtual Console/GameCube BC functions. Super Mario Galaxy is still one of the best games I've played in the last 10 years.

Hopefully this releases with a good amount of Virtual Console games plus Zelda and I will be set.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #87
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

DAY ONE

Tomba

YUP
Old 10-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #88
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I have a 3ds and rarely use is. The portability means almost nothing to me. I mean it looks cool but it's one of those things that I just think the majority of adults will just not use much.
I've never been the kind of guy that can pack my PS4 with me on a trip. Not feasible. No assurances I'll have a TV to connect to. Etc.

But I also miss out on gaming days. And it always happens after a major release I've waited for. Game comes out and Thursday I'm on a business trip.

With this, I could easily pack the console and game and play on the plane, hotel, downtime without lugging a huge console around or hoping a legit TV exists in the hotel room (seriously why can't hotels get their act together? And this also goes to five star ones)

Considering my wife is using the ps4 more and more to watch Netflix (which I'm very okay with), being able to play console games like Skyrim (or similar) on a portable device would be clutch.

I'm in on this so long as it's a viable option if I can't game on my PS4. I realize certain consoles have exclusives so I'm not expecting The Show or Red Dead. But it better get comparable gaming or Nintendo is quite literally dead.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »