Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Side note - I think if I acted like the people in the video I'd be mocked incessantly by the general public....people don't play games like that in real life...
Agreed - They played with the corniest actions and looks on their faces.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
^ That.

What they need is for their first party game to be completely on point. If that's happening, they offer a first party experience like no other console can.
While I agree with that, to me, they would need to come out with new 1st party games a little more often. I have a WiiU and with so few titles compared to the other systems, it collects alot of dust. I am getting the switch regardless of what they announce, just for to get the best version of the new Zelda. I just wonder if having those titles will be enough for it to be a success for the masses.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #19
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I wonder what the price will be for this....if it's realistic then I might consider it eventually
I would think $299.99 would be the spot but idk.

I don't see how they could sell it for $399.99 with the PS4 Pro being that price point.

At $299.99, I have no issue of getting it day one.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
See if I could get NBA 2k WWE 2k and Nintendo exclusives on one system, that's all I would need
Old 10-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #21
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

We hear this first party thing every time Nintendo launches a console. Then it doesn't play out. I don't buy Nintendo for third party though so it doesn't matter to me. I just wouldn't get too excited about that yet.

Cartridge base kind of leads me to believe this won't be much better than Wii U and probably won't get close to one/PS4 performance wise. Hopefully I'm wrong. Then when you factor in Scorpio launching the same year it's hard for me to say I'll buy this day 1. I'll wait for the exclusives to pile up first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Would have been day one for me if it had backward compatibility. Likely wait a while for it to build up a library and see how third party support pans out.

Detachable controllers look nearly worthless as someone who thought the wiimotes sideways were too small and uncomfortable.

Expecting $299 with TV dock. Cheap controllers and LCD taped to a brick with few moving parts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #23
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
See if I could get NBA 2k WWE 2k and Nintendo exclusives on one system, that's all I would need
This x1000. I was really happy with my WiiU purchase as my son and I would play it a ton, but I really REALLY missed my sports sims. Hopefully this brings them back.

Also, is there a camera on this thing?!? My buddy was asking me that a couple hours ago, and then Nintendo's mobile strategy came up.

Could Pokemon Go be on this thing?
Could the new Mario run game be on this?

Someone on a different board mentioned how it looked like the Nvidia tablet. Things are starting to make more and more sense slowly here (Nintendo's mobile strategy that has dragged out, the Nvidia chipset).

Go Badgers!
Old 10-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #24
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I just want a good console to play games on (mostly Mario). - Not sure if I care for this...

Seems weird a bunch of people would be looking at a little screen playing with tiny controllers. If I get a Switch, I won't be playing like that. Hopefully them combining the 2 doesn't limit what they could have done for the big screen.

Agreed. I thought they were going to go away from the game pad idea and try to make a legit console. This seems like it may force 3ds owners to buy this too. I can't see them supporting both. Not sure if that's a great move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »