Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

If they can find a way to make sure AAA titles are released on it on the regular, and not one Mario game every 6-months, I may purchase.
Price point is huge though. If it's well above $300, then no. But at $299 I'd be tempted to dive in.

But all the latest sports games need to be on there and have the same features as current gen. I won't take a major dip in graphics either.
And games like Red Dead 2 need to be on there too. If not, no buy.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #58
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens with this. I'm not sold yet but we will have to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0
I think it's funny when people say Nintendo delivers us first party games like no one else can. No. They deliver us the SAME first party games that they always do. Mario, zelda, metroid, and more Mario (Mario kart). The only game they did last Gen any good was that splatoon game. When it comes to first party games let's be real that's Sony's bread and butter and no one's even close to making new innovative games like they do. With All of this negative comment said, that new Zelda game does look really really good. But I won't be buying a system for one game.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

All in on this...BUT cautiously. I'm sure I'll reserve as soon as I can but will pay close attention to time frame of title releases.

Nintendo's 1st party titles are the main thing for me. Could care less really about games I can get on other consoles. I get Nintendo for their stellar 1st party titles. They just need to bring them out more frequently... Better see an Animal Crossing game sooner rather than later

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 10-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #61
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

And games like Red Dead 2 need to be on there too. If not, no buy.

I highly doubt this is gonna happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #62
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
I think it's funny when people say Nintendo delivers us first party games like no one else can. No. They deliver us the SAME first party games that they always do. Mario, zelda, metroid, and more Mario (Mario kart). The only game they did last Gen any good was that splatoon game. When it comes to first party games let's be real that's Sony's bread and butter and no one's even close to making new innovative games like they do. With All of this negative comment said, that new Zelda game does look really really good. But I won't be buying a system for one game.

Nah. Nintendo is really good first party and all those games you mentioned are high quality. Can't just disregard them because they are long running titles. Would be like disregarding uncharted 4.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #63
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

The number of opinions stated as fact in this thread is hilarious. Lol.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:23 AM   #64
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker

Let me guess, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pikmin, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem, ect. don't count?

Also, Nintendo actually does a good job with changing the wheel in really creative ways within their long standing franchises. Mario Galaxy doesn't play like 3D World. Wind Waker doesn't play like Skyword Sword. There's a reason why Zelda is so polarizing among its fanbase, and it's because each game is very unique.

Innovation isn't restricted to something being wholly new, but can also be in its delivery.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »