Home

What is a dream game you wish would happen?

This is a discussion on What is a dream game you wish would happen? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #89
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What is a dream game you wish would happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Geez, Downtown Palo Alto... If I can at least get a glimpse of the Sliderbar on (I think) the University Ave, I would probably faint out.

I know San Matteo since it obviously is one of the Caltrain stops between SF and Stanford (where we used to go a lot), but I've never been there. I stopped at Redwood City and Hillsdale for a minute but that's it.

But yeah, the Bay Area is definitely much more than SF and a bunch of farms!!!
It would be crazy. I was thinking that because Sony has headquarters in Foster City that they were going to include that, but there was no such item in sight. They definitely cramped the style of everything south of Sign Hill.

My scale is also likely off, as well. I went under the impression that the Golden Gate bridge was designed to scale in the game. It may be, but it also may not be, so who really knows?

Hillsdale is San Mateo, by the way (not the train stop, but it's in that city). The tiny strip of "San Mateo" that the game has really looks more like attempting to put in some Hillsborough aspects (basically a really affluent residential area), but it's nothing like it because Hillsborough is swamped with hills (duh) and trees.

I definitely would kill to see everything on the west peninsula, though. I know this likely isn't feasible as there are more attractive locations around the world, but again the Bay Area is much more than just downtown SF and Oakland.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-03-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:18 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I would love an open world game from San Francisco (and/or the whole Bay Area, really), with the focus on actually EXPLORING the city and the Bay. And yes, I know there is Watch Dogs 2 on the market (have it pre-ordered) but from what I heard so far a) the depth of the city exploration leaves a lot to be desired (I would love to being able to explore basically every street of the city) and b) some the sights are severely outdated (Fisherman's Wharf is a prime example).

I love the city to death, might never be able to see it again, so I woud die to have the option to roam the streets of San Francisco at least virtually, whenever I wanted to.

And both the city and the Bay are simply wonderful, should make for a visually beautiful game.
You have Watch Dogs 2 pre-ordered? Gamestop usually only holds it for a day or two after release.

― Plato
Old 08-04-2020, 03:18 AM   #91
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

By pre-ordered, I meant that I have bought the disc version of the game from our local gaming e-shop, and now I am awaiting the delivery. It takes them a while because they apparently do not have it on stock. Keep in mind, I am not from US, never used Gamestop, and I bought the Gold Edition with local subtitles built in (not that I need it all that much, but sometimes it just feels good to lay back and not bother with translations), which I fear makes it that much more longer to get.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 08-04-2020 at 05:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #92
All Star

OVR: 35

Mass Effect type game set in the Star Wars universe (Empire era)
College Hoops 2k
The Police Quest series, but using a GTA-like engine
Tecmo Bowl with updated graphics
Old 08-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #93
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

A turn-based strategy game from the Star Wars universe (similar to the ancient Star Wars: Rebellion, which I never played, unfortunately) would be sweet, too.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #94
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
A turn-based strategy game from the Star Wars universe (similar to the ancient Star Wars: Rebellion, which I never played, unfortunately) would be sweet, too.
Its about 20 years ago, but Galactic Battleground is a lot of fun. Obviously not comparable to any current RTS regarding graphics, but its Star Wars. Plus there's a Clone Wars campaign add on that's a lot of fun.

Its insane how few Star Wars games we actually have to play currently compared to how many we had during the prequels and re-releases of the original movies.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #95
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I want something like No Man's Sky, but more...real I guess is the word?

I want to start on Earth, be able to explore Earth, interact with people and species and be a member of NASA.

Go through the training, and eventually take flight. Maybe even do missions? Start with a flight to the moon, then do one to Mars, etc...

Maybe they built something so you can hyperdrive to Pluto, and what's that? Life!?

Discover life, discover UFOs, discover your own planet. Find a worm hole and go to another galaxy.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #96
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Take the fluid combat gameplay of the Batman: Arkham series and use it for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »