Home

What is a dream game you wish would happen?

This is a discussion on What is a dream game you wish would happen? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
SPORTSBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Sportsball 2172! - a new sport, where all the teams of the NFL, the NBA and MLB have abandoned football basketball and baseball to form a new league, a super league

set 150+ years in the future, imagine playing a game say like, the Packers versus the Yankees, or Lakers versus Raiders, or Cubs versus Bears.

I'm a big picture guy, now someone else can invent a new sport that has the potential to be more popular than baseball basketball and football combined.
starting to flesh this out a little more, with inspiration inspired by a dream last night.

this new game has 4 positions: Xback, Circleback, Squareback and Tri-fielder.

I'm hellbent and whiskey bound tonight so I'm expecting further ''inspiration''

EDIT:
in the year 2172, a traditional Sportsball has evolved into the size of a baseball, sans the 108 stitches
rather instead it has football laces going around half of the outside of the sphere's circumference
and orange in colour, like basketball orange

the official professional Sportsball League ball has a hard cueball center
while the NCAA has opted for the less violent, softer version, inflated with air in the sphere's bladder

in the year 2101:
THX 1188 broke the artificial intelligence barrier by becoming the first robot to compete in Sportsball. after 3 years of domination of the rest of the league, THX, a Squareback, mysteriously disappeared forever. some suspected foul play but with no evidence and no proof, the disappearance remained a mystery. THX was inducted into the Sportsball Talent Gallery (equivalent to a Hall of Fame) in 2111 and #88 was retired league wide forever more.
:END EDIT

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 01-31-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: SPORTSBALL 2172!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2021, 08:36 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

SPORTSBALL

rundown on SPORTSBALL:
each team fields 7 players, 1 Squareback (a sort of goalie-type dealio) 2 Xbacks, 2 Circlebacks and 2 Tri-fielders. The playing field can be indoors or outdoors, played on dirt, grass, artificial or real, or any combination of the 3.
the object of the game revolves around 1 briefcase full of money on a 4 foot high semi-circular base set against a 6'' high wall, 80'' in length, with both team's Squarebacks trying to stop the other team's 6 players from knocking over the briefcase with a thrown ball.

when the briefcase is successfully knocked over, it automatically springs open with cash popping up & out everywhere. this is called a Moneyshot. the time limit on the game is 5 rounds of 10 minutes each, though there are a couple ways to end the game earlier than 50 minutes. this is called Sudden Death and happens when a Moneyshot is also a Killshot. a Killshot occurs if you go up by 10 Moneyshots at any point in the game (a sort of Mercy Rule) or the first team to 20 Moneyshots automatically wins. Sudden Death.

the briefcase 'Squarea' is squared off with lines on the grounds. in this Squarea, only the 2 team's Squarebacks may enter. they each must wear a fielders mitt on both hands and cannot throw the ball at the briefcase themselves, but can get it back out to their team's other 6 players any way they can, as long as they don't leave the Squarea or remove either hand's glove.

in the immediate area beyond the Squarea are the 2 team's 4 Xbacks (2 Xbacks per team). they are also in a lined off area in which they cannot leave. beyond this area is a third lined off area where the 4 Circlebacks reside. they cannot enter into the Xbacks area and cannot leave out beyond their area, which is out of bounds. the last positions filled are Tri-fielders, who are the only players allowed to go out of bounds to retrieve the ball. when a ball goes out of bounds, the clock stops but play does not.
no player may hold a ball longer than 10 seconds.

MORE TO FOLLOW...

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 01-31-2021 at 05:12 PM. Reason: SPORTSBALL 2172!
Old 01-31-2021, 08:52 AM   #123
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

SPORTSBALL

Tri-fielders are the only players approved to go out of bounds. they are also approved to enter the Circleback area AND the Xback area. hence the "Tri-". they are not allowed to enter the Squarea though (where the Squarebacks and briefcase reside).

Squarebacks must wear fielders mitts on both hands, either-or baseball and/or hockey. baseball catcher's mitts are also approved
ALL players must wear a helmet, be it a football helmet, baseball helmet, hockey helmet or even a motorcycle helmet. Concussions are taken very seriously by Sportsball but are inevitable as in any contact sport.
players are approved to push other players out of their way but are not allowed to hold or tackle another player at any time.

Punches, headbutting, tripping, kicking, biting and/or spitting are also not allowed. Body blocks are approved however.
the authority officials to enforce the rules are called Reumpf's.

the briefcase full of cash is professional league only, colleges and universities use paper confetti.
on top of the wall behind the Squarea sits stands for Sportsball Fanatics. stands also surround the rest of the playing field

the total dimensions of the Squarea, Xback area and Circleback area part of the field are 80''-X- 40''.
as one can see, this 80''-X-40'' fits rather nicely within a basketball court

the dimensions of the Squarea are as of now, yet-to-be-determined.

there is no set dimensions of out of bounds for Tri-fielders to go. these out of bounds dimensions are ''Grounds Rules'' and a part of homefield advantage

MORE TO FOLLOW???

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 01-31-2021 at 05:20 PM. Reason: SPORTSBALL 2172!
Old 01-31-2021, 02:12 PM   #124
All Star

Re: SPORTSBALL

Nice Caulfield, I would play that game

I've actually been having fun with a similar exercise lately.

A few years ago I posted in this thread about wanting to see Shadowbane 2, and I've been thinking about what that would look like...or even just an original MMO taking some of the core mechanics of SB.

Genre: High Fantasy MMORPG

Style: PvP, Conquest, Sandbox, RPG

PvP:
Spoiler

Conquest:
Spoiler

Loot:
Spoiler

Customization:
Spoiler

Pirate Raids:
Spoiler

Crafting:
Spoiler

Summary:
If it wasn't obvious, this game will work almost like a geo political simulator. Alliances will be formed, enemies will be made, and lots of large scale fights. Playing solo will technically be possible, but it's not going to hold your hand through that experience like many other modern MMO's do...yes I've put some thought into this
Old 01-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

SPORTSBALL

KSU, now that, ^ ^ ^ , is epic. And would be epically awesome if it could get made.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 01-31-2021 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Sportsball 2172!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2021, 09:06 PM   #126
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: SPORTSBALL

Jade Empire 2. With Tekken or Soul Caliber's fighting engine for combat.

EDIT: I just discovered that I already posted this like 3.5 years ago. Which is sorta sad, actually, on several levels....

Last edited by pietasterp; 02-08-2021 at 09:08 PM. Reason: I apparently had this opinion in 2017 as well
Old 04-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #127
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is a dream game you wish would happen?

A high quality Wonder Woman game, either linear or open world, would be great.

If the main protagonist was played (wishful thinking) or looked at least somewhat close to Gal Gadot, all the better.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 04-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #128
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What is a dream game you wish would happen?

I'd like a Person of Interest game. Watch Dogs was certainly close.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »