Home

Can't Get Into PC Gaming

This is a discussion on Can't Get Into PC Gaming within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #33
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Can't Get Into PC Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
The Ryzen 1700 is considered by most the best bang for your buck right now. It can overclock nicely, even on the stock cooler.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What exactly is overclocking and how does one do it?

Should I get a water cooler for a ryzen 1700 and gtx 1080?

I like the 3 monitor setup. Wouldn't mind watching netflix while playing football manager on the other screen.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #34
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
What exactly is overclocking and how does one do it?

Should I get a water cooler for a ryzen 1700 and gtx 1080?

I like the 3 monitor setup. Wouldn't mind watching netflix while playing football manager on the other screen.
Overclocking allows you push the limits of your hardware beyond what the manufacture sets them at. You can increase the clock speeds but make sure you have adequate cooling, since it'll heat things up a bit.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #35
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Those of you that enjoy sports games but game on PC, how do you get by?

More options than you think on PC for sports. This years PES will be the better version of all as people are already saying it looks better than console versions, not to mention mods that will be made for it. Also got the likes of NBA2K, Golf Club, several of the sim types games for baseball and hockey. Then all your smaller party games like Axis football, Super Mega baseball and such. Also emulators are nice as I play the older games like Tecmo Bowl and more for my fix. No doubt I would keep a console around for those Maddens and such if you are hardcore, but since I made the switch, my PS4 is collecting dust.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #36
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

It's funny that I went 180 on what I said about pc gaming in less than a months time. Thanks to Phobia's post I was inspired to build one and don't regret it one bit.

Playing 80-100 fps is such a big difference. I really can't go back to console gaming now after experiencing Rise of the Tomb Raidfer on a ultra wide monitor. I'm also using the PS4 and Xbox controller for most games so its like I'm playing an upgraded console game.

I'm also getting into other games that I have never played before like Halo Wars and Warhammer. Also every Xbox exclusive is also a PC game and you have a ton of of other choices through steam, way more than you do with consoles.

As far building it, it was easier than I thought. I watched a lot of videos on the parts I bought and it was pretty easy and fun to follow along.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
It's funny that I went 180 on what I said about pc gaming in less than a months time. Thanks to Phobia's post I was inspired to build one and don't regret it one bit.

Playing 80-100 fps is such a big difference. I really can't go back to console gaming now after experiencing Rise of the Tomb Raidfer on a ultra wide monitor. I'm also using the PS4 and Xbox controller for most games so its like I'm playing an upgraded console game.

I'm also getting into other games that I have never played before like Halo Wars and Warhammer. Also every Xbox exclusive is also a PC game and you have a ton of of other choices through steam, way more than you do with consoles.

As far building it, it was easier than I thought. I watched a lot of videos on the parts I bought and it was pretty easy and fun to follow along.
I'm glad it helped point you in the correct direction lol

Seriously, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. I've tried telling people the same thing you said, it's like playing on a powerful/upgraded console but with more options to utilize.

@Peji911 If you haven't added me on steam yet, shoot me a invite. If you have, message me sometime.

@Candyman @everyone If you see me in a game on steam, all my notifications on steam are off so I won't get your message, instead jump in my chat on twitch and let me know you want to run something. Otherwise I'll likely miss it through steam.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike

If it ain't fps, I use controller too.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 03-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've avoided consoles like the plague until 3 weeks ago when I bought XB1X. For less than $500 and a good 4K TV which I already owned, it's a bit of a no brainer. I have been an avid flight simmer for decades and my current PC build is going on 6y/o now and it's still really a fabulous PC: Sandy Bridge E at 4.42Ghz, 32Gigs of DDR3 at 2400mHz, nV GTX Titan. I won't do an upgrade until it flat out won't boot up. This already happened once 6mo ago when the mainboard died, so I sent it back to ASUS and they replaced it w/ a refurb of the same model for $125 and it performs (ie can overclock) the same as the original build.

When I look at Rory McIlroy PGA Tour on XBox One X it's flat out astounding the amount of individual 3D objects the game renders in real time. Clearly it taps every bit of available graphics processing to pull that off and amply smooth for frame rates. Graphics coding has been made much more efficient quite apparently. My PC is used for Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D flight simulator and a couple of other games, but P3D is a very CPU-dependent program, whereas something like RMPGAT is 90% GPU dependent and must be since XB1X's CPU is really weak by today's standards.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Resurrecting this thread because I just sold my PS4 Pro.

I recently moved and haven't had time to set it up and game. But I didn't miss it. I didn't miss sitting in front of the television (when I get the chance to have the television) to play my games. I'm always on my laptop and I've always wanted a gaming PC. Fear is basically the culprit as to why I haven't done it.

But now I'm in deep. Sold the Pro, as I mentioned. Have already decided on a PC I want (with some help from some friends). The PC is about another couple hundred more than the Pro sold for, so I'm going to be responsible and save up for it.

Really excited. Put all of my wishlist PS4 games on my steam account. Obviously will miss some of the exclusives but maybe someday in the future I'll get a PS4 slim or something. I don't know.

I have my Switch for now but considering most of the Switch games I want are PC games I've been waiting to have ported over...the Switch could be gone next. Maybe. I do like that the Switch lets me game away from home so I might not go that route just yet.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »