Home

XBOX 360 Update Error Code

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Update Error Code within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
XBOX 360 Update Error Code

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I'm confused with this error code.

I turned on my XBOX360 and get this error code. I tried looking it up but just says need to update. I usually don't have my console connected to the internet and don't have a disc to update it.

I bought a Wi-Fi connector and hopefully it'll help but in the meantime, any advice or is it done for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: XBOX 360 Update Error Code

Looks like it's stuck in an update loop. Like it was attempting to update via disc but perhaps the system got shut off or something during the update. Usually just connecting to the Internet or inserting a disc with recent updates on them allows the update to finish.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #3
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey Everyone... didn't know where to post this but tried to fire up my 360 after almost a year of it sitting on the shelf. Got the urge to play NCAA Football again. I have the black 360 S I believe. When I press the power button it sounds normal for a second and the light turns green but then starts blinking red and the fan gets really loud. It does this for about 5 seconds and then turns off.

I've tried unplugging everything and plugging it back up and nothing.

I've tried researching but came up empty handed. Has anyone had this happen and have you fixed it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Hey Everyone... didn't know where to post this but tried to fire up my 360 after almost a year of it sitting on the shelf. Got the urge to play NCAA Football again. I have the black 360 S I believe. When I press the power button it sounds normal for a second and the light turns green but then starts blinking red and the fan gets really loud. It does this for about 5 seconds and then turns off.

I've tried unplugging everything and plugging it back up and nothing.

I've tried researching but came up empty handed. Has anyone had this happen and have you fixed it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Operation Sports mobile app
Sounds like the dreaded Red Ring of Death that plagued 360's after launch. It was a overheating issue back when to 360 first came out. I had to send my launch console back 7 times and my arcade console 3 times for repair. (both work fine now) Microsoft did eventually fix the problem. Not sure why your 360 is having the issue , maybe because it sat unused for so long. Not sure.

Google red ring of death , there a several possible ways to fix the console yourself.

Last edited by JMD; 08-28-2021 at 06:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »