Home

Sony E3 2018 Press Conference

This is a discussion on Sony E3 2018 Press Conference within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #57
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Sony E3 2018 Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So does anyone know what in the hell Death Stranding is?

I'm still confused and have questions after the video.

The Last of Us Part 2, Spiderman, and Ghost are all guaranteed buys from me. All 3 looked amazing!
I think its a world building game where you scavenge and gather resources to do something that helps the world or area you are in.

IF we can go anywhere climb anything it might be very cool in the way breath of the wild tackled traversal. Im VERY optimistic of just a huge open world and being able to just walk and explore very very cool
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Ghost and Spiderman look flat out amazing but over all this conference was not that good was only like 50 minutes long and we didn't get any thing with dreams and a lot of games didn't get release dates or even like saying 2019 and we didn't get more news about the painting comming to life game that was first shown late last year.
No new info really for Dreams but it was shown albeit quickly a few times between games. For me, the conference started off great with TLOUP2 and then went to crap once they cut to the "intermission" but I understand why that was done and at the end of the day, it's all about the games and in this regard, love them or hate them, Sony is simply the best.

Don't mind the conference being shorter. Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft and especially EA went too long. Outside of the intermission part, im all for a short introduction by Layden and just give me game after game after game for 45 minutes. That's perfectly fine for me.

As for release dates, Spider Man is September 7th and Days Gone is February 22nd, 2019. If we're lucky, maybe we'll get a release date for whichever game is going to be released after Days Gone at PSX but I wouldn't hold my breath as it seems that Sony holds the release date until the game is three or so months out.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 13

Sony abandoned my beloved Vita. They are dead to me.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #60
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Sony abandoned my beloved Vita. They are dead to me.
I went Xbox One because I liked Kinect (still use them for turning on and off a lot, but it's pretty dead otherwise...probably getting a Harmony hub eventually to control with Alexa in the next few years) but I almost went PS4 because of the mobile Vita play...sad that these two great features both ended up getting bailed on.

The Sony games look cool, but this year's E3 didn't really wow me. MS did a great job especially considering their 1st party pipeline has taken a hit. Not that Sony really has to do much, but with Microsoft playing the long game (streaming more, game pass, buying all the studios) you gotta figure there's behind the scenes stuff at Sony...or are they getting complacent with their huge sales?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #61
All Star

After how little was shown of new games i think that is a sign that we are going to get ps5 late 2019.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #62
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So does anyone know what in the hell Death Stranding is?
Looks like a walking simulator to me.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #63
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
After how little was shown of new games i think that is a sign that we are going to get ps5 late 2019.
This was my thinking as well. Sony knows they won this generation no matter what happens this year so put all the focus on the ps5
Old 06-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #64
MVP

Microsoft has one great E3 in years with majority being padding (20 Indie Game montage) and third parties and everyone thinks Sony is either complacent or getting ready for PS5 because no new games are shown from their first parties despite not realizing all of the first parties have just released a game, are about to or released multiple games and expansions this generation already. Yep, definitely complacent. SMH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »