Home

Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion

This is a discussion on Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #41
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Microsoft E3 2018 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
With the studio acquisitions, the volume of games, tease of Xbox Scarlet and the streaming work they're doing and the continued improvements / adoption of the Game Pass system I thought this was one of the better press conferences this generation. A lot to look forward to, short and long term.

Between that and EA's Origin Access Premiere and Madden coming to PC this has been a pretty fantastic E3.
Well said...I think the groundwork is there to really excel. The streaming stuff intrigues me too...I've streamed to my PC before, and it works pretty well (occasionally I get frustrating network issues). I'd like to be able to play games in more rooms without having to drop cash on expensive systems.

I got the 6 month game pass deal and am going to sit on it a bit while I play SoD2. This fall or spring makes the most sense I think. 30 bucks is great if I can stretch it to try multiple games.

I'm excited about the Xbox future...and it does seem in some ways they're thinking ahead more than Sony, who admittedly has killed it with sales this gen.

You know MS will triple down on BC too, so that'll be great. I wouldn't mind Scarlet in a year or two. I'm probably passing on the S and X for now, not worth the investment for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm kinda wary about the streaming, but am also less dependent on it with Madden coming to PC. I already stream to the only device I need to, we'll see what compelling case they make to make me want to stream elsewhere and the options that affords.

Really w/ Madden on PC I could be done w/ console gaming altogether, but MS still has provided enough value that I'd still be a Game Pass and perhaps a Live subscriber even as just a PC gamer.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #43
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
I'm kinda wary about the streaming, but am also less dependent on it with Madden coming to PC. I already stream to the only device I need to, we'll see what compelling case they make to make me want to stream elsewhere and the options that affords.

Really w/ Madden on PC I could be done w/ console gaming altogether, but MS still has provided enough value that I'd still be a Game Pass and perhaps a Live subscriber even as just a PC gamer.
I personally have no need/desire/funds to build a good enough gaming PC. I'll probably just buy one of the next console, and use my 2 Xbox Ones for streaming in kids rooms, guest rooms, bedroom, whatever. Figure my kids can end up playing games on it, they won't need the most current and I think the One will be somewhat supported for streaming and stuff in the future
Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 0

Hoping to see Ninja Theory, Undead Labs and The Initiative create new IP's for next gen. Best to start fresh in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #45
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Hoping to see Ninja Theory, Undead Labs and The Initiative create new IP's for next gen. Best to start fresh in my opinion.
Anything for 'next gen' will run on a One X if the current paradigm remains true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #46
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Anything for 'next gen' will run on a One X if the current paradigm remains true.

I’m expecting a similar situation that we have now moving forward. Games will play on X/S but you will be able to pay a premium to play them in an even better state.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

My expectation is the oldest will roll off, but it's hard to see that w/out confusion being created. IE Scarlet is released, games for Scarlet are guaranteed to work on the One X. If not next gen then at some point the original Xbox One / S won't be supported.

But the luxury is there for say Super Meat Boy 2 to be released in 20 years and it work on every Xbox from the One onward.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #48
MVP

Regardless of whether or not their games are cross-gen, I would still have those three studios go with new IP's. Three new IP's from The Initiative, Ninja Theory and Undead Labs has me super hyped. I know that these games are at least three years away or longer but guys, im hyped and looking forward to E3 2020 since that's when im first expecting to see a short gameplay trailer.

On a side note - Is Gears Tactics PC only? That's the way it sounded during the conference. Anyone know? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »