Home

Google Streaming / Console

This is a discussion on Google Streaming / Console within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #113
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Google Streaming / Console

I don't expect the service to go anywhere for some time, they're just no longer trying to develop in-house games for it and will sit back and watch Luna / Xbox Streaming / etc lead innovation in the space.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #114
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Neither do I expect the streaming service to go away however, for Google to get out of making games means expenses for creating video games are going thru the roof, which is a red flag, considering all the resources Google has.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:30 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

While technically them getting out of creating games doesn't mean it's over..

Let's be honest here, we all know this things goose is cooked, it's over..

Honestly had they chosen to make this a Netflix type service (pay a monthly fee and access all the games) like Gamepass this might have succeeded but the fact they made it so you had to buy games outright doomed it from the get go.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2021, 09:43 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 0

I predicted that Google would pull the plug in two years and wow, they barely made it to 15 months. While the service itself will still exist (like, why??? smh), they shutdown their internal studios and cancelled any exclusive games that were being worked on from non internal studios (SuperMassive for example).

Some companies think that they just can enter gaming and succeed. Good luck with that. Oh well.

Now we see what Amazon does if anything. And of course, the company I see as the biggest threat - Tencent.

With that all said, Microsoft definitely has the edge and advantage here and if they can truly capitalize on it, they will be in a great position.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:29 AM   #117
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm really surprised Microsoft is lagging at the PC streaming game. I was messing with Amazon's Luna a bit tonight, and it works really, really well.

There are so many innovations there for the taking w/ game streaming, few seem to have the appetite to give it a shot.

Luna also has the benefit of giving me access to my Uplay+ library, the kind of partnership that I hope we see Microsoft engage in also.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #118
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm really surprised Microsoft is lagging at the PC streaming game. I was messing with Amazon's Luna a bit tonight, and it works really, really well.

There are so many innovations there for the taking w/ game streaming, few seem to have the appetite to give it a shot.

Luna also has the benefit of giving me access to my Uplay+ library, the kind of partnership that I hope we see Microsoft engage in also.
You gotta figure they're bringing it out this spring

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

From some of the impressions I've seen, xCloud seems to have nearly no input lag if you have a capable internet. I tried to do the trick the other day to get into the beta, but the link seemed broken or it was having top much traffic. I'd love to try it out just to see how it does perform for me.

I definitely have the internet for streaming, 1 gig down, no data cap, etc. so I'm really intrigued by xCloud now that I know The Show is going on GamePass and it'll give me a chance to play NBA 2k and Madden Next Gen without buying a console.

If xCloud does perform up to par, which I think it can, then maybe I'll have no reason to buy a console moving forward. The only reason I contemplated buying one was for The Show, College Football, and GTA 6. xCloud at the very least may delay my purchase until GTA 6 comes out assuming Rockstar milks it and delays the PC release to get people to double dip.

Given how well Parsec works, which I know it isn't the same exact thing, it seems like we are in a period where streaming can be nearly the same as playing the game locally in terms of video and sound quality + input lag, so I am crossing my fingers xCloud releases pretty soon publically and it works well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #120
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
From some of the impressions I've seen, xCloud seems to have nearly no input lag if you have a capable internet. I tried to do the trick the other day to get into the beta, but the link seemed broken or it was having top much traffic. I'd love to try it out just to see how it does perform for me.

I definitely have the internet for streaming, 1 gig down, no data cap, etc. so I'm really intrigued by xCloud now that I know The Show is going on GamePass and it'll give me a chance to play NBA 2k and Madden Next Gen without buying a console.

If xCloud does perform up to par, which I think it can, then maybe I'll have no reason to buy a console moving forward. The only reason I contemplated buying one was for The Show, College Football, and GTA 6. xCloud at the very least may delay my purchase until GTA 6 comes out assuming Rockstar milks it and delays the PC release to get people to double dip.

Given how well Parsec works, which I know it isn't the same exact thing, it seems like we are in a period where streaming can be nearly the same as playing the game locally in terms of video and sound quality + input lag, so I am crossing my fingers xCloud releases pretty soon publically and it works well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My only personal concerns about that would be bandwidth cap issues, but if you have unlimited internet data then it should be a feasible option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »