Home

Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5

This is a discussion on Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:12 AM   #33
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5

8k will be absolutely irrelevant to me for a while. It will be nice to have a console that can do it for when the time comes though.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:27 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
8k will be absolutely irrelevant to me for a while. It will be nice to have a console that can do it for when the time comes though.
I don't think 8K is going to be a mainstream thing at all. Think about how large of a TV you have to have to really notice the clarity of 4K from 90% of couches in this country.

I sit about 7-8 feet from my 50 inch 4K TV. According to the charts, 4K is already probably overkill. I mean, I might still upgrade to a 55-60 inch TV, but that's how big it would need to be to make 4K noticeable enough versus 1080p.

There will be uses for 8K TVs, but not in the vast majority of homes. And using them for gaming will be even more exceedingly rare. At 8', you need a 70" screen to make 4K worth it over 1080p. Extrapolating from the chart, to make it worth it jump from 4K to 8K at the same distance, you would need a 125" screen.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-17-2019 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:03 AM   #35
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
MS has already committed more frequent hardware refreshes as they've made the concept of generations largely irrelevant in their ecosystem. Hard to see Sony declining to match their tempo from a competitive standpoint.
Maybe but I also think MS is a lot more obsessed with like having to have the most powerful system when there are a lot more important things for them to focus on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 04:04 AM   #36
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
I can also wait for Sony to fix whatever is wrong with the 1st batch/revision of their consoles. The launch PS3's suffered from YLOD, BluRay drives and the launch PS4's suffered from mysterious auto disc eject issues which were fixed with the 2nd revision. (My launch PS4 had the mysterious eject issue)
While YLOD happend heck I got one it was not common at all and yes I have heard about disc eject issues but it was also not that common either with ps4.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:08 AM   #37
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I don't think 8K is going to be a mainstream thing at all. Think about how large of a TV you have to have to really notice the clarity of 4K from 90% of couches in this country.

I sit about 7-8 feet from my 50 inch 4K TV. According to the charts, 4K is already probably overkill. I mean, I might still upgrade to a 55-60 inch TV, but that's how big it would need to be to make 4K noticeable enough versus 1080p.

There will be uses for 8K TVs, but not in the vast majority of homes. And using them for gaming will be even more exceedingly rare. At 8', you need a 70" screen to make 4K worth it over 1080p. Extrapolating from the chart, to make it worth it jump from 4K to 8K at the same distance, you would need a 125" screen.
I never really agreed with these charts and I dont even have 20/20 vision. I am like 8 feet or so away from my 4k tv and its not 70 its 55 inches and I can clearly tell the difference between 4k and 1080p. With 8k though I am not sure if it will be worth it. I think I have heard that like 8k is like the max that the human eye can even pick up the difference. So 8k may be the highest you can go and even tell it looks better.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #38
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Day 1 because I love new tech

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Unlike the current generation in which the Jaguar CPU was obsolete at launch, I don't see that happening with PlayStation 5 and Xbox 4. I believe that with the specifications that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming for that neither will have a mid-gen console because they won't need one. If both consoles end up basically double in GPU power compared to the 6TF of Xbox One X with a better CPU, more RAM, an SSD and 8K capabilities, what else could they possibly include to justify a mid-gen console?

On a related side note, Ray Tracing is said to be hardware based via Naughty Dog's lighting artist.
You are delusional if you think MS and Sony are not going to do a mid gen refresh. You need to stop thinking like Sony and MS are your friend...They are in the business of making money and many will buy the PS5 PRO and XBOX PRO because there is a huge thirst to have the best even in console space
Old 04-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #40
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'm not convinced anything will handle 8k for a while....we were sold the 4k thing with Pro and X and while they can somewhat the 3rd party games tend to struggle a bit more hitting things perfectly. I think that's just more of a buzzword selling point right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »