Home

Microsoft E3 2019 Showcase Discussion

This is a discussion on Microsoft E3 2019 Showcase Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #17
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Microsoft E3 2019 Showcase Discussion

Not a home run with games, but a lot to look forward to.

I'm more excited about the infrastructure and Game Pass stuff tbh. All the indies and things they add make it so much value.

Not trolling Sony (really, that's why I'm asking it here), but do they really have that many announced exclusives? TLOU2, Death Stranding, probably GOW sometime....Another Horizon:Zero Dawn. Factor in that they're not really down with the subscription models (where Xbox will steal cash from PS gamers that might ignore them otherwise) and it does make me interested in the future. It'll be a battle that I'm not sure the best console itself is required to win.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #18
Go Wings!

Stream anywhere from your Home Xbox (hoping maybe any Xbox?) is pretty cool. Hoping all these updates improve in home streaming, though it's way better now that I've started getting one of mine hardwired vs. wifi. Streaming must have to be better over Wifi if they're doing streaming anywhere though, on phones or whatnot.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Not a home run with games, but a lot to look forward to.

I'm more excited about the infrastructure and Game Pass stuff tbh. All the indies and things they add make it so much value.

Not trolling Sony (really, that's why I'm asking it here), but do they really have that many announced exclusives? TLOU2, Death Stranding, probably GOW sometime....Another Horizon:Zero Dawn. Factor in that they're not really down with the subscription models (where Xbox will steal cash from PS gamers that might ignore them otherwise) and it does make me interested in the future. It'll be a battle that I'm not sure the best console itself is required to win.
Microsoft is just playing on everyone's nostalgia. It's good for gamers and I would love a similar model with Sony, but I also really only care about backwards compatibility with my PS4 catalog because now most people are buying digitally. It's not fair to ask people to dump their library digitally and upgrade and leave it behind.

The best thing for me about Microsoft is the availability of games on PC. I can be excited about a new Halo knowing I can play it on PC.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #20
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Microsoft is just playing on everyone's nostalgia. It's good for gamers and I would love a similar model with Sony, but I also really only care about backwards compatibility with my PS4 catalog because now most people are buying digitally. It's not fair to ask people to dump their library digitally and upgrade and leave it behind.

The best thing for me about Microsoft is the availability of games on PC. I can be excited about a new Halo knowing I can play it on PC.
Yeah, it is all about ecosystem and losing those games.

I just love that I took advantage of the game pass ultimate upgrade deal and now have Ultimate through 8/2021 lol. I literally don't have to buy any games until then and I'll have a pretty quality (for me) list of stuff coming through Game Pass. Especially since I don't buy a lot anything they add that's not MS is probably new to me.

I can't do that with Sony, and it makes PS4/5 so much more expensive for me to actually play games.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Sony officially announced PS4 Backwards Compatibility with PS5 several weeks ago for those who may have missed that since I see a few of you mentioning that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #22
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Not how the new Halo will run on my PC with the ingame engine they showed. Lol.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 06-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #23
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Not how the new Halo will run on my PC with the ingame engine they showed. Lol.

Sounds like you might be interested in Stadia.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #24
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Really happy with the Game Pass for PC.

Been able to try out a couple games and figure out I don't like them much at all. And it only cost me $1.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »