Home

New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

This is a discussion on New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

I actually think there is going to be a decent jump in graphics. But it's up to game develpoers to make it happen. You know, whether we get 2K14 or Live 14...

And agree on the BC, I sure hope I can play all my PS4 games on it. There are some games I can see myself diving into again every couple of years, especially open world games like WD/WD2/Mafia 3.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #18
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I saw a IGN poll and like the 50% of the reason that people was most excited for the PS5 was backwards compatible. I don't get why the #1 reason you want a new console is to play old games. Its cool and all but that's the #1 reason for so many people ?
Old 10-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

My number 1 reason to buy a PS5 right now is Spider-Man. Don't really expect anything else to be announced that I'm more interested in before launch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 0

So being that ps5 has a 4k bluray player something that pro should have had in the first place, and also sounds like it will be able to play ps4 games is good news. I would have gotten a pro if it had the 4k player. Those two things make it more likely that I get a ps5 on day 1. Now got to wait for price, release date and games. What it looks like sure I want to known but its not really important. A lot of people say 400 but I think it will be 500 and cost 600 to make so that way they can make it a little more future prof. So sale at a lose of 100 and maybe after a year or 2 it can be sold at even and money is always made on games, controllers etc and I dont think consoles can stay like 400 for ever and 500 now is a lot different then 600 back with ps3 has 600 in 2006 money is 750 in todays money. If ps5 gets either a ratchet and clank game on day 1 or Horizon zero dawn 2 on one day I am 100% sure to get one and I think it is very likely that we get one of those on day 1 I could even see both. I wonder with the statement about BC after what they had said about ps4 games back in April if that means they are trying to make ps1-ps4 all able to play on ps5. What they said about BC makes me worry some because it kind of sounds like they are back tracking but I think after what was said in April if it ended up being just some ps4 games can be played on ps5 and not all of them I think they would get a lot of hate now. So that is why I wonder if its more about ps1-ps4 thing. I dont think it is likely to be able to do that but would be awesome if it could. I only have a ps3 and 4 but it would be awesome to be able to get rid of those 2 and save a little bit of money and space. I have so many things connected to my tv right now already and ps5 having a 4k player already means I can get rid of my current 4k player when ps5 comes out.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Backward compatibility is a reasonable expectation but Sony has been less that explicit that it's happening, just that 'they're trying'.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
The features sound good. I curious to see how the latency could be like with the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. I'm curious to see how each developer takes advantage of the more powerful consoles. I'm sure some would go for more visuals to show how life like the game could. But I'm really curious to see if how much of a jump we will see in graphics. Since we aren't really getting higher resolution(besides Native 4k), I'm curious how much more better the game looks. No one will expect a PS2/Xbox to PS3/360 jump in visuals, but do want to see better textures and smoother animations throughout games.

I'm on the fence whether I want to buy game at launch or wait. According it won't be an issue, especially if a company has a good trade in deals with PS4 Pro and PS4 models. But my thing is, I haven't bought the last couple consoles at launch. I don't think I had PS3 at launch, I was still a teen and I was bought the cheaper models. I bought the PS4 a year after launch. I had no plans on getting the Pro. I got it as a gift. So I do feel like I can wait. Especially since sports games are the main games I play faithfully. Most of the times, launch sports games are stripped down. Also isn't a big enough game catalog for me at launch, where I don't want it to be mainly just one game I'm playing for 10+ months. But if the PS5 is fully backwards compatible to the PS4, that would give me a reason to buy PS5 sooner. I would be able to still buy games for PS4 and play it on PS5 for the first year. My main issue is that I hope there isn't a need for a mid gen refresh. I just want to buy one console and not have to second guess myself. So for me, if they have a good trade in deal. Where if I cut at least $200 by trading in PS4 Pro and Base PS4 at launch, I will heavily consider it.
I am not sure if you will be able to get 200 for trading in a ps4 by the time ps5 comes out. Right now ps4 pro cost 400 and slim 300 and you got to think they will both get a price cut at some point before ps5 comes out. If Ps4 was killing things in sales they both would likely be cheaper already. So if they both get just a 50 price cut to make them 350 and 250 I dont see getting 200 for a trade in has that would be more then 50% of the price for even the pro new. That seems high. About graphic jumps I think it depends. If you go from ps4 and xbox one and not the pro and x I think you will be more blown away having never played a console game at 4k ever before. If you go from pro or x where you have maybe played some 4k or at least kind of in between 1080p and 4k like 1440p-1800p type of thing I think you will be less impressed. Also like all console I am sure you will get more impressive graphics more in like years 3-6 on the consoles life then you will in the first 2 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I'm interested in backwards compatibility and whether or not my PS4 digital library will carry over. I don't have room to house all these consoles (PS2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and classic).
What I also wonder about like digital and what not is even if its a game you have on a disk but has a lot of DLC and its stuff has been pulled from the store can you still keep the DLC on ps5? For example I have drive club on ps4 and the game had a lot of dlc now that its dlc and I think the game its self have been pulled from the store I dont think there is a way to get the dlc back if say your systems breaks or something. So with ps5 will I be able to transfer the dlc over to ps5 now that its dlc has been pulled or if I want to be able to play the games dlc do I have to keep my ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I saw a IGN poll and like the 50% of the reason that people was most excited for the PS5 was backwards compatible. I don't get why the #1 reason you want a new console is to play old games. Its cool and all but that's the #1 reason for so many people ?
Yeah its cool saves space and money you can get back for your old consoles but new consoles are about being able to play games you couldn't before and better graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
My number 1 reason to buy a PS5 right now is Spider-Man. Don't really expect anything else to be announced that I'm more interested in before launch.

Spiderman sequel on ps5 on day 1? Is that what you mean? I think a sequel is more likely late maybe middle 2021. By time ps5 comes out it will have only been 2 years sense the first game. I think Horizon zero dawn 2 day 1 is likely though has be the time ps5 comes out it will have been 3.5 years or so sense the first game.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 10-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:51 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

It was in response to the backward compatibility comments, the current Spider-Man game is my biggest reason to want a PS5 right now.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I am not sure if you will be able to get 200 for trading in a ps4 by the time ps5 comes out. Right now ps4 pro cost 400 and slim 300 and you got to think they will both get a price cut at some point before ps5 comes out. If Ps4 was killing things in sales they both would likely be cheaper already. So if they both get just a 50 price cut to make them 350 and 250 I dont see getting 200 for a trade in has that would be more then 50% of the price for even the pro new. That seems high. About graphic jumps I think it depends. If you go from ps4 and xbox one and not the pro and x I think you will be more blown away having never played a console game at 4k ever before. If you go from pro or x where you have maybe played some 4k or at least kind of in between 1080p and 4k like 1440p-1800p type of thing I think you will be less impressed. Also like all console I am sure you will get more impressive graphics more in like years 3-6 on the consoles life then you will in the first 2 years or so.
I meant for both Pro and Base combined. But $200 then is still little hopeful. $150 for both as a trade in deal would be nice. I'm guessing price will be anywhere between $500-600. So if I can only play $300-450, I will be willing to buy at launch. Because let's say if you wait a year or 2 for a sale, that's what the sale would most likely be anyway. I'm just hoping there isn't a need for a mid gen refresh.

Graphics isn't a huge concern for me. I'm sure we will see improved graphics, so I'm good. We usually don't see the full power of new consoles until like year 3-4 because they are still trying to keep the previous console revelant.

BC isn't huge for me. Just because I don't buy games that often. I usually just rent games. But I would be interested if they are BC to PS3 games or expand the library of PS3 games.

I'm more interested in if developers can start having improved AI in video games. Especially in sports games. Improved graphics and all that is nice. But if AI still has to be psychic or play terrible, we will be in same state we are in now

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »