Home

New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

This is a discussion on New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #33
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

About Trade ins: I stopped into Game Stop this past weekend. I asked about trade in prices on my Xbox One X , It's a Project Scorpio Edition (if that means anything) they said $250.00 store credit , $200.00 cash. They also said it would be significantly less by the time the PS5 launches. They said I might get the $250.00 in trade for a PS5 if the pre orders become available soon , but they still have no date for that.

So I put my X up on the Facebook market place for $350.00 with two controllers. Had a few people express interest but no sale yet. May have to drop it to $300.00. I want to unload this console now while it still has some value.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The fast load times is cool but at the same time load times on most games are not that long any way but still the faster the better. About BC and subscribers to PSN I think a lot of that is that I think most people are not going to pay a monthly fee to play something when they can just keep the old consoles and not have to pay more money. I known I wouldn't use PSN for that reason that being I can just play like my ps3 for free compared to like PSN it fills pointless and like a rip of to pay to play older games.

I am not sure why people are so hyped about Ray tracing has I am not even sure what it does and I have heard that even like ps4 and xbox one can do very simple ray tracing.

Ray tracing on pc if you have the gpu for it can turn a game into a beauty with the way puddles look and lighting looks. It is amazing and brings a huge advantage to how your game looks. current consoles cannot do it

It kills the frames per second on pc. On my tomb raider game I can do about 85fps at 4k max settings with 2x msaa and putting ray tracing on brought it down to 35fps

So consoles are not going to use it like is meant. It will be minimal and not many games will use it unless you want to continue playing 30fps games
Old 10-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001

Oh ok I thought you meant for one lol. The amount of people that have both a pro and also a slim/regular to go with the pro I am sure is pretty low.
Yeah. I had no plans on getting Pro, but my GF got it as a gift for me couple years ago. My base PS4 has that ejecting issue time to time. But I think I should still be able to trade it in.

I get the basic understanding of Ray Tracing, but not enough to say whether it is a top selling point for me. I never been a PC gamer. I have only played a 2k game on PC like 7-9 ago. With PC, I would feel like I would need to consistently upgrade to keep up. Wheras with console, I can just buy one console and be done for a generation. But will research Ray Tracing more.

For me, playing PS4 games on PS5 is cool, but not a top priority. I just have single player experience. So once I finish the campaign once, I'm pretty much done with it. I may revisit a couple years down the line. That's why I usually just Gamefly non-Sports games. Where besides the SDD and faster load times, there has to be added bonus for me to play those older games on PS5 other than just for BC. If the games are automatically upscaled to PS5 specs via patch, that would be cool. Where if a PS4 can look and feel better on PS5, that would be dope. But if it is basically the same experience with just faster load times, thats some thing I might not take full advantage of. I'm caught up on the PS4 games I wanted to play. Most of the major games coming out next year will be cross-generational games or upscaled to PS5 specs via patch. So for me, if Im certain I'm buying PS5 at or around launch, then I might wait to play those major games until after I get PS5. Just so, I can have a decent collection of games to choose from at start of generation.

With all the talks of SSD and faster load times, the game installations and patches better be faster as well. If they can cut installations to a couple minutes, that'll be big for me as faster in game load times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #36
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Take my money. i'm invested in every Sony Console Day 1 for me! hopefully we get a boxing, tennis, and college sports back this gen.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
About Trade ins: I stopped into Game Stop this past weekend. I asked about trade in prices on my Xbox One X , It's a Project Scorpio Edition (if that means anything) they said $250.00 store credit , $200.00 cash. They also said it would be significantly less by the time the PS5 launches. They said I might get the $250.00 in trade for a PS5 if the pre orders become available soon , but they still have no date for that.

So I put my X up on the Facebook market place for $350.00 with two controllers. Had a few people express interest but no sale yet. May have to drop it to $300.00. I want to unload this console now while it still has some value.
I figured the value of trade in will drop around release of next gen. But I'm not done with my Pro. Part of me doesn't want to trust Game Stop. But I'll be willing to trade in around August. My dry period for playing games is usually around July-Sept depending on what non sports games is on my to-play list. By then, I'm not sure how the market will be for current consoles will be next year at this time on marketplaces. So I might just take what Game Stop offers. Perfect scenario would be me getting $300 total store credit for both Pro and Base. If I can knock off half or more of the price, I would definitely buy at launch
Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
You are going to be highly disappointing if ray tracing on consoles is what has you hyped. That type of ray tracing is going to be garbage compared to what is offered on pc.

Once you go 144fps even 60fps feels sluggish
Based on the podcasts I listen to, the majority are hyped for console ray tracing and they're all tech guys where as im not so if they're hyped, im definitely hyped and looking forward to it. I don't play on PC and to be perfectly honest, a locked 30FPS is my preference if it means I get Native 4K, Ray Tracing and HDR. Only First Person Shooters need to be 60FPS for me. I have never had any issues playing non-FPS games at 30FPS.

My only complaint would be I prefer it to be a locked 30FPS instead of a fluctuating 60FPS because that could hurt the frame pacing. Online different story but for me playing solo off-line, give me all the extra goodness and a locked 30FPS and trust me, I'll be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

Damn. Xbox One X being $250 has me very tempted to trade it in. All im really waiting for at this point is the second expansion for Metro Exodus as I bought it for Xbox One since the game itself is on Game Pass and I figured why buy the game again for PS4 just for the expansions? Other than that, im waiting on Gears Tactics. That's pretty much the last exclusive I want to play for Xbox One as everything else of interest for me will be next gen. Decisions, decisions. LOL.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Based on the podcasts I listen to, the majority are hyped for console ray tracing and they're all tech guys where as im not so if they're hyped, im definitely hyped and looking forward to it. I don't play on PC and to be perfectly honest, a locked 30FPS is my preference if it means I get Native 4K, Ray Tracing and HDR. Only First Person Shooters need to be 60FPS for me. I have never had any issues playing non-FPS games at 30FPS.

My only complaint would be I prefer it to be a locked 30FPS instead of a fluctuating 60FPS because that could hurt the frame pacing. Online different story but for me playing solo off-line, give me all the extra goodness and a locked 30FPS and trust me, I'll be just fine.

Damn. Xbox One X being $250 has me very tempted to trade it in. All im really waiting for at this point is the second expansion for Metro Exodus as I bought it for Xbox One since the game itself is on Game Pass and I figured why buy the game again for PS4 just for the expansions? Other than that, im waiting on Gears Tactics. That's pretty much the last exclusive I want to play for Xbox One as everything else of interest for me will be next gen. Decisions, decisions. LOL.

You are in the big minority if you think console players are not tired of the 30fps b.s

Consoles will flop next gen if most of their games are LOCKED 30fps

And you are warned that if you are getting giddy about Ray Tracing on consoles you are in for a huge dissapointment

None of those podcast you talk about actually have a gpu capable of doing good Ray Tracing..Hence why they speak on consoles only
Old 10-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
You are in the big minority if you think console players are not tired of the 30fps b.s

Consoles will flop next gen if most of their games are LOCKED 30fps

And you are warned that if you are getting giddy about Ray Tracing on consoles you are in for a huge dissapointment

None of those podcast you talk about actually have a gpu capable of doing good Ray Tracing..Hence why they speak on consoles only

I didn't mean console players in general, I meant just me. LOL. I'm perfectly fine with a locked 30FPS if it means im getting Native 4K, Ray Tracing and HDR. If I have to sacrifice any of the three for 60FPS especially if it's fluctuating and not locked, give me the locked 30FPS instead every time. Of course, I am expecting options like some games have done for the last few years for Pro/X which is give the choice between resolution and performance.

As for Ray Tracing itself, we'll see. Like HDR, it's all about how it's implemented more than anything and if it's done so correctly. I'm not worried when it comes to my top two publishers - Ubisoft and Sony. Will it be as amazing as on PC? Probably not but as long as it's good, a step forward and impresses me, I'll be a very happy camper.

Not 100% sure as I don't pay attention to his Twitter posts in regards to PC but I think that Dee Batch from Dealer's podcast has a high end power PC. I know he's mentioned it on the podcast and he seems to be the main tech guy. Either way, im still looking forward to it more than anything else that was listed in that IGN poll.

Last edited by peter42O; 10-16-2019 at 08:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »