Home

New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

This is a discussion on New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #49
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New PlayStation 5 Details Revealed, Arrives Next Holiday Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
What type of launch game would help sway you to buy PS5 at launch?
I don't see games like Spider-Man 2 or GOW 5 being at launch after just 2 years from previous game. I rather see those games get the full power of new console. While I do mainly play sports games, we don't really see quality sports games until year 3 of console generation. BC games are cool especially if some can get performance boost like Xbox gets. But I wouldn't buy PS5 for that. I don't collect games, so I would either have to buy digitally or rebuy them.
A new Batman game or Uncharted could help sway me to buy PS5. Most of the New games coming out next year, I might wait to play until next gen, so by then along with right launch title, I'll have a decent collection to choose from
BC and price point are all I care about. Spider-Man is the game I want to play. Not going to buy into the ecosystem w/ the current platform on the verge of potential obsolesce. There are other games I'm interested in (a followup to the current PSVR as well), but as a primarily digital purchaser the ecosystem doesn't really cater to that (no Game Pass, no stated forward/backward compatibility, streaming service lacks newer games, etc).

Sports are covered already on Xbox via EA Access and PC via Origin Premier. Sony's value proposition for me is very narrow, could easily price themselves out of my interest, and that's OK, maybe I'll just wait until the inevitable PS5 Pro and the PSVR2.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
BC and price point are all I care about. Spider-Man is the game I want to play. Not going to buy into the ecosystem w/ the current platform on the verge of potential obsolesce. There are other games I'm interested in (a followup to the current PSVR as well), but as a primarily digital purchaser the ecosystem doesn't really cater to that (no Game Pass, no stated forward/backward compatibility, streaming service lacks newer games, etc).

Sports are covered already on Xbox via EA Access and PC via Origin Premier. Sony's value proposition for me is very narrow, could easily price themselves out of my interest, and that's OK, maybe I'll just wait until the inevitable PS5 Pro and the PSVR2.

This is why backwards compatibility is so important to me. I know some people can't understand it for whatever reason, but many people buy their games almost exclusively in a digital format. I should be able to carry those games over at a minimum one console generation. Scrap PS Now and give us true backwards compatibility (even if it's digital only) and be done with it.

I have a pretty big collection/backlog of PS4 games and I'd like to be able hand my PS4 down to my kids and buy a PS5 and be okay to keep playing those games too.. especially considering new console generations are always slow to start and build up a lot of quality titles.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #51
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
This is why backwards compatibility is so important to me. I know some people can't understand it for whatever reason, but many people buy their games almost exclusively in a digital format. I should be able to carry those games over at a minimum one console generation. Scrap PS Now and give us true backwards compatibility (even if it's digital only) and be done with it.

I have a pretty big collection/backlog of PS4 games and I'd like to be able hand my PS4 down to my kids and buy a PS5 and be okay to keep playing those games too.. especially considering new console generations are always slow to start and build up a lot of quality titles.

A large majority of my PS4 games are digital during PSN sales, would be nice if they remained account tied on the PS5 and I could just redownload them and use cloud saves.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Guess I'll wait until at least March 2021, maybe later, depending on what news Show 21 delivers.

#SystemSeller

A Work in Progress
Old 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Have to research more, but so far I think the SSD has me most excited so far. It's not even just the faster load times. It should make developing games a lot easier. I read that the PS5 will use 100-GB discs, I initially thought that was low based on the current game sizes. But with developers not having to duplicate certain data to reduce loading time, that should free up a lot of space. Like they said in Spiderman they had to duplicate something 400 times. I always felt that most of these games weren't as big as the disc storage led on.
That's makes me wonder how developers will handle possibly having a lot more space to work with. We could see a lot of deeper games especially with First Party games.
100 GB discs isn't bad at all because the developers always have the option of compression if they so choose plus patches are never on a disc unless it's the game of the year edition so disc space wise, the developers should be fine. If not, they can always use two discs if needed. Also, some believe that the bigger the disc size, the bigger the game but that's not accurate. A lot of the disc space is actually used up by audio files if they're not compressed. Amazingly and surprisingly, they take up a lot of disc space if not compressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
There will be a lot of games at 30 FPS next gen to and no that is not going to make it flop lol. I hear people talking about 30 FPS all the time and I get so sick of it because I truly belive most people cant tell the difference between 30 and 60 even if they say they can. If its a locked 30 and dosnt drop to like 20-25 or something then 30 is just fine. I much rather have 4k 30 then 1080p 60 or 1440p 60.
Yeah, im still expecting games to be 30FPS but I am hoping that it's locked for the entire game regardless of what's happening on screen. I can tell and feel the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS in first person shooters but in third person shooters/games in general, not so much if at all. It also has to do with the speed of the game itself too. If you're playing a slow paced game, 30FPS (especially if locked) is fine. Also prefer native 4K with Ray Tracing and HDR with a locked 30FPS as opposed to 60FPS and sacrificing any of that visual stuff. Give me my Ray Tracing, HDR and Native 4K resolution baby!!!

Quote:
I heard some about this SSD saving space stuff. I am not sure just how much of a difference it makes. Like for example if a game was 40 GB on ps4 how much smaller would it have been if it was like the same game but on ps5 with the whole SSD thing? Like would it end up being only 35 GB or 30 etc.
Pretty sure the saving of space on an SSD is more about how the SSD stores all the data as opposed to the data on the disc itself. If there ends up being separate partitions, im guessing that the partition that the player needs would only be used. Also, depends on the compression done by developers.

Quote:
That's why I feel the specs sound cool. Until we get in-depth detailed reveal, we won't truly know what we're getting since most are that tech savvy enough.
Specs are cool, but I feel most of gamers need to feel blown away to want to transition over immediately. The general consesus feels like most satisfied with this generation. Games and visuals are as good as ever. It's not the same feeling with last generation. Towards the end, we could see the limitations and tell it was almost at max potential. It doesn't feel like we are at max potiental for this generation. So we need to be blown away with launch games. Most will buy it because its the better/newer version. And other will wait for price drop or larger catalog of games.
I was satisfied with this generation and last generation. My biggest issue has more to do with the CPU in regards to AI and RAM in regards to memory. Like for example, in Ghost Recon Wildlands, I remember setting up 15 C4 items during a mission but it could only store 10 in the memory of the game so when I put down 11-15, it removed 1-5. Stuff like this is what I want to see solved.

I'm not looking to be blown away because I know the vast majority of games simply aren't going to do that for me personally so at this point, I just want the games to be great or better. Excellent gameplay and mechanics plus a great story and characters with good audio all around. Visuals are a given at this point.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
So about Ratchet and clank I think there is a good chances at seeing ratchet and clank shown either at ps5 reveal event or at e3 2020 for day 1 on ps5. Insomniac has there VR game Stormland comming out in November and they have not announced what there next game is yet and I think its to early for a Spiderman sequel to be shown and its been 3+ years sense ratchet and clanks last game.
Agree 100% in regards to Ratchet and Clank 2. If anything, im fully expecting it to be a PlayStation 5 launch title. Stormland looks very good and I wouldn't be surprised to see Insomniac develop a PSVR game at some point.

Quote:
What type of launch game would help sway you to buy PS5 at launch? I don't see games like Spider-Man 2 or GOW 5 being at launch after just 2 years from previous game. I rather see those games get the full power of new console. While I do mainly play sports games, we don't really see quality sports games until year 3 of console generation. BC games are cool especially if some can get performance boost like Xbox gets. But I wouldn't buy PS5 for that. I don't collect games, so I would either have to buy digitally or rebuy them. A new Batman game or Uncharted could help sway me to buy PS5. Most of the New games coming out next year, I might wait to play until next gen, so by then along with right launch title, I'll have a decent collection to choose from
I'm expecting Ratchet and Clank 2 from Insomniac, Killzone 5 (or a new FPS IP) from Guerrilla Games second team which includes the guy from Rainbow Six Siege (always his forgetting his name) and may or may not be an online multi-player only game, a new Uncharted game from the new San Diego studio (not to be confused with the San Diego studio that develops MLB), the new remake from Bluepoint which im assuming will be Demon's Souls and the online multi-player for TLOUP2 which in of itself will sell the console especially if Sony decided to make it a part of PlayStation Plus which would make sense since you need that to play online anyway. Also expecting at least two digital only AA games.

A few wildcards could be a few Japanese games. Lost Soul Aside which is set as a PS4 title could always be moved to PS5 or become exclusive. Episode 2 of FF7R is a possibility as is the amazing looking JRPG Granblue Fantasy which is currently set for PS4 but if it gets delayed to late 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if it was cross-gen PS4/PS5.

In addition to the above, im expecting a new COD game, a new Battlefield game, AC 2020 is all but confirmed, a new Batman game from WB Montreal which could be cross-gen but that's just speculation at this point, the year sports games of Madden, NBA, Fifa, NHL, etc.

Also expecting Ghostwire Tokyo from Tango Gameworks (Bethesda) to be a late 2020 cross-gen game. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cyberpunk 2077 get either delayed to late 2020 to be cross-gen or have a PS5/Xbox 4 port announced at some point in 2020.

One game that has been confirmed to receive a PS5/Xbox 4 port is Dying Light 2. For me personally, im hoping that the Spring 2020 games which could end up getting a next gen port honestly get delayed to Fall 2020 because while some may say that it would be too stacked if even half of what I posted above happens, I would say that it wouldn't be too stacked.

Reason being was that in 2014, I only had eight games for the year, 6 of which were cross-gen and since I would expect 2021 to be "slow", I wouldn't mind some Spring/Summer 2020 PS4/Xbox One games to get delayed to November 2020 and be cross-gen instead.

For me, it's not just about the launch titles though as im also expecting a few titles to be shown at E3 2020 for early/mid 2021.

Either way, im all in for PlayStation 5 day one.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:53 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Guess I'll wait until at least March 2021, maybe later, depending on what news Show 21 delivers.

#SystemSeller
Personally, it would be great if Sony skipped 2020, released a roster update for MLB 2019 and then releases MLB 2021 as a cross-gen title (which would happen regardless) and given the two year development cycle, could be even better than expected due to the extra time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 11:56 PM   #56
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

All I'm going to say is I can't wait.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78