Home

Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

This is a discussion on Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

My last post on this topic

A human with a brain knows that if Box A cost 150 and box B cost 500 there is a difference in what it offers. I do not need to be told there is a difference.

If the parent buys the Box A is because of price and that is it. If they were given a tutorial at the store that the Box B is superior in every way the parent who wants to spend less is still going to buy Box A because of the price so it has ZERO to do with the message or the name.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #74
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
My last post on this topic

Looks like you may have had the last post on this topic... PERIOD! No posts in this "Hot" thread since you posted this three days ago
Old 12-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #75
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Once I understood the naming structure, it makes sense. For the next year, If I were Microsoft, I would just refer to the console as, SERIES X. it would be drilled into everyones head by the end of 2020.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Once I understood the naming structure, it makes sense. For the next year, If I were Microsoft, I would just refer to the console as, SERIES X. it would be drilled into everyones head by the end of 2020.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah it makes sense, just want it called Xbox and have series names and have them all BC going back to the beginning, and hardware works going forward until it is too under powered ala PC, and try to go generation-less.

I still wonder if it would be better to call this Xbox Series 4, as in their 4th generation. Then if there is new hardware in a few years, call it Series 4X or Series 4 Slim or something like that. Then when there is a large leap (essentially a new generation, like when PS6 comes out), call it Series 5. Or even consider the X as a 4th series as is since it was a drastic enough increase from the original XO, and call this Series 5 (to cheaply be on the same number as Sony so some clueless people just getting a console for kids say PS5 or Xbox Series 4? 5 is bigger!)

As is now, what would be next? Series Y? Series X2?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
As is now, what would be next? Series Y? Series X2?
ex-Box EX 2000. it's a prequel. 64 bit graphics and no online. its a steal at a cool $200 though.

A Work in Progress
Old 12-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm looking more towards 2021 for gaming more so than next year. As far as current gen games, I'm willing to wait until next gen to play them. We don't know much about the launch line-up yet. For Xbox, we mainly know about Halo and Hellblade 2, and most likely Forza. For Sony, we are only really aware of Godfall. I'm looking more towards mid to late 2021-early 2022 when developers have more time with consoles and better understanding to see full power of consoles being used.
Typically gen launch sports games are lackluster outside of graphics and usually stripped down. Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if that was the case as long as they don't do a full reset and not take them until 3-4th year to just be a decent game. But I am curious to see how sports games will look. We saw the small snippets of Fifa in the Xbox announcement. For first year, I expect the sports games to put a heavy focus on graphics. I expect EA to stick with Frostbite. Madden needs a big overhaul anyway. So I wouldn't mind a reset for that game. For the sports games, I'm mainly looking for them set the foundation(visuals, gameplay/animations, set up core game modes), year two would be for them to add features, more depth in game modes, and improved game modes. Then by year 3, the games should be at a elite level where you just have to innovate and expand on what was built
Old 12-21-2019, 04:06 AM   #79
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Im all about next year, the thing I'm most interested in, more than any games, it's how they will continue to innovate the existing l ecosystem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I likely won't get an Xbox, or any console this generation, unless certain games make that hard to avoid, i.e. me not wanting to wait on a GTA PC release, but I am excited that these consoles are finally upping their CPU power for once. All we've seen grow in games over the past few generations now has been the graphics while AI sits there not being improved at all. Hopefully now that the consoles are getting some legitimate CPU power for once we will finally see AI advancements that are extremely long overdue. The consoles have basically kept AI progression a decade or two behind at this point since most games these days are made with consoles in mind and then PC's just get the extra bells and whistles graphically speaking. Now there will be no excuse for the AI in games to be as poor as it still is. It is a sad world when FEAR, a game from what, 2004?, still has some of the best AI in gaming simply because it has been all about graphics graphics graphics.

I'm ready for AI to be the focus so that games that are PVE or sports games, or whatever, can finally feel more organic and it becomes harder and harder to know how to beat the AI simply due to its limitations. I'm ready to see machine learning in games more. We've seen demos of it being used in games before and the early tests show that there is plenty of potential there, hopefully this gen is when we finally see stuff like that employed on a massive scale and AI becomes a big focus. I know graphics will remain king since that is what grabs peoples' attention, but I long for the day when bots in shooters, the AI enemies in campaigns, the CPU in sports games, etc. all behave like real people and aren't as predictable. Having the AI learn context and being dynamic based off of it should be one of the improvements we see if companies put any effort into AI and that alone is going to be a huge jump for AI.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »