Home

Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

This is a discussion on Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

Console itself looks like a mini PC tower which is fine as I thought it was taller but appears to only be a foot high so that will still fit in my TV stand. Not a fan of the name but it fits with what their direction is.

Game wise, while I was hoping for a new IP, Hellblade was good so I don't have a problem with Ninja Theory developing a sequel.

For me, it's day one and with the reveal of Hellblade 2, Microsoft and Xbox Series X is already off to a better start than Xbox One was for me as I already have two exclusives that I want to play - Hellblade 2 and Halo Infinite. Could be three by late 2020 depending on when they release Gears Tactics as the April release is only for the PC version.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #58
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Console itself looks like a mini PC tower which is fine as I thought it was taller but appears to only be a foot high so that will still fit in my TV stand. Not a fan of the name but it fits with what their direction is.

Game wise, while I was hoping for a new IP, Hellblade was good so I don't have a problem with Ninja Theory developing a sequel.

For me, it's day one and with the reveal of Hellblade 2, Microsoft and Xbox Series X is already off to a better start than Xbox One was for me as I already have two exclusives that I want to play - Hellblade 2 and Halo Infinite. Could be three by late 2020 depending on when they release Gears Tactics as the April release is only for the PC version.
Hoping they reveal a brand new single play story based IP for launch. Xbox is alcking those types of games.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #59
MVP

There is no way the ps5 will be smaller if it wants to have similar power. I fully expect the ps5 will be bulk as well and big
Old 12-16-2019, 04:46 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Hoping they reveal a brand new single play story based IP for launch. Xbox is alcking those types of games.
That will be Xbox's biggest factor this upcoming generation. The whole "fastest most powerful" is nice and X-Cloud & Gamepass are great, but at the end of the day games are the most important thing. Sony has shown that single player games can still sell very well as exclusives and that they are reasons many consumers chose Sony. It was good that they acquired those 15 studios and will have something for everyone. But they need those AAA -Style Exclusive games that can sell 8-10 million copies in a year. I can quickly name off a few that Sony will probably release that will sell well. GoW, Spiderman, Uncharted, Horizon, Gran Tourismo. If Xbox wants to win the console wars then they need more high quality single player games
Old 12-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz

Agreed. Not expecting a new first party single player story based IP at launch but Obsidian is working on a new single player RPG IP, InXile has a new single player RPG IP after Wasteland 3 and Playground is rumored to be working on Fable which is a single player story based action RPG. While not at launch, I am expecting a few of those games down the line.

Everyone knows that im not the biggest Xbox fan but I still buy their consoles because there's always exclusives that I want to play and while Xbox One declined for me with only 5 exclusives compared to Xbox 360 which had 9 exclusives, looking at just TGA and what is already known, they are on a far better trajectory for me than they were this gen.

Bottom line is that im just hoping that they continue to showcase games that im interested in playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #62
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

So the new console is just called Xbox. Series X is the model, but it's simply an Xbox, and that apperas to be the naming paradigm going forward.

Makes sense for an ecosystem that will see new hardware every 3-5 years.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So the new console is just called Xbox. Series X is the model, but it's simply an Xbox, and that apperas to be the naming paradigm going forward.

Makes sense for an ecosystem that will see new hardware every 3-5 years.
Which would make sense. That way you don't have to necessarily follow a generation schedule. It gives the freedom to release a multitude of different consoles. Series X will be base console. Series can just imply the family of next generation Xbox. There's so many possibility. There can be a Series S which could be the entry level model that is 1440p max but still gives the next.gen experience. There can be the a disc-less version that relies on X-Cloud, Gamepass, and digital purchases. There doesn't have to be a mid-gen refresh. As 8k becomes more of a thing and as technology improves, they can just release a new console in the Series family
Old 12-17-2019, 07:45 AM   #64
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
There is zero evidence of this, the box is white for the s and black for the x and the price tag is a sure fire indicator for a human with a brain to tell what is better
I have evidence. I recently put my Xbox One X up for sale on the FB Marketplace for $350.00 5 different people asked me to drop the price. I went down to $300.00. I said I would not go any lower because the X offers 4K gaming. They all responded and said they could get and Xbox One S for $150.00 - $200.00 and that offers 4K gaming as well. (It does not)

That is how uninformed the casual gamer is.They obviously don't know the difference between 4K gaming and just 4K streaming They are clueless and MS does make it harder for them not easier. For someone like myself that plays games every day it's not an issue. But for the less informed or the non gaming parent buying for their kid, good luck. Hence my One X is still sitting in my entertainment cabinet.

Last edited by JMD; 12-17-2019 at 07:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »