Home

Old 05-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Sega announcement 6/4

Didn't know where to post this.

There is supposedly revolutionary Sega news that will "rock the gaming landscape" on 6/4. The main two rumors are either re-entering console market or Sega is being acquired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Sega announcement 6/4

If I had to guess, I would say that it's a huge exclusivity deal with Nintendo.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I doubt console for Sega. It'll be in a uphill battle to compete. I don't think Sega is financial state to build a console in the power range of Sony/Microsoft and can't compete with Nintendo like in the 90s. I don't see them wanting to have a middle-tier console and be in last place. But I would consider supporting a Sega console if it can revive past franchises.

I see them being acquired or exclusivity for it to be revolutionary. I feel that unless it is Sony related, I think the Sega news is better off being leaked early. ANYTHING non-Sony related will get overshadowed on June 4th. So unless it has to do with Sony, PS5 news will steal the headlines. Unless Sega is acquired by Microsoft. I think Sega could be a big get for Microsoft. There are tons of legacy Sega titles that would be great for Gamepass and getting more into that Japan market is important for Microsoft
Old 05-31-2020, 12:10 AM   #4
MVP

A rumor I read earlier on Twitter was that Microsoft and Sega have a deal to where Xbox Series X would be called Sega Series X since Microsoft is literally dead in Japan. I don't see this being the announcement whatsoever. Japan is 95% mobile/handheld and XCloud will make a far bigger impact and be a bigger success for Microsoft than putting Sega's name on their console.

I don't see Sega getting back into the console business or them being acquired because they're still owned by Sammy Corporation which means that company would have to sell off Sega and everything under it. I just don't see that happening.

I'll stick with my Nintendo prediction as that seems more likely and realistic. And of course, don't forget, the "big" announcement could just be over hyping it in general to get clicks and traffic. But we'll see.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:04 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
A rumor I read earlier on Twitter was that Microsoft and Sega have a deal to where Xbox Series X would be called Sega Series X since Microsoft is literally dead in Japan. I don't see this being the announcement whatsoever. Japan is 95% mobile/handheld and XCloud will make a far bigger impact and be a bigger success for Microsoft than putting Sega's name on their console.

I don't see Sega getting back into the console business or them being acquired because they're still owned by Sammy Corporation which means that company would have to sell off Sega and everything under it. I just don't see that happening.

I'll stick with my Nintendo prediction as that seems more likely and realistic. And of course, don't forget, the "big" announcement could just be over hyping it in general to get clicks and traffic. But we'll see.
I can definitely think possibility of over hyping. When you read the comments from the journalist, it's sounds like he is trying to talk himself up and attract attention to himself.

I can see the Nintendo thing happening. The huge collection of past 2D/3D Sega games would sell well on Switch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I can definitely think possibility of over hyping. When you read the comments from the journalist, it's sounds like he is trying to talk himself up and attract attention to himself.

I can see the Nintendo thing happening. The huge collection of past 2D/3D Sega games would sell well on Switch

Yeah, it definitely sounds like the surprise is being over hyped and they will under deliver. We'll know in a few days though.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:23 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Hope it's more than this / it's April Fools somewhere.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:40 AM   #8
MVP

Never would have guessed that in a million years and it's truly micro as it fits in the palm of your hand. Could be a cool collector's item I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »