Home

PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on November 12 - Pre-Orders Start Tomorrow

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on November 12 - Pre-Orders Start Tomorrow within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2021, 08:31 PM   #1153
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on Novem

Since I finished off Spiderman Remaster and MM, I haven't done much "next gen" gaming. The COD campaign is ok, but I'm not compelled to jump back in it. However, I downloaded Days Gone to see how it looks and plays on the PS5 and I have been hooked on it the last few weeks. I'm even doing hordes on my new game plus playthrough. Everything just feels and looks better.

After loving Days Gone, I downloaded my Jedi Fallen Order and its gonna be a blast on the PS5 as well with new game plus; EA even optimized it a bit for the next gen console. I'm waiting on the heavy hitter PS5 exclusives, but with the new life I see with some last gen games I'll be good this year just playing through them in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-25-2021, 10:37 PM   #1154
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on Novem

I just got one from QVC of all places. They had stock for a few minutes at 6pm, but I missed it, and I figured I would go to the page around 9 or so and keep refreshing, and boom, it popped up. I hit quick buy since I already have an account with them and bam, got it.

Yes, it was a bit more than the most expensive bundles, but it's a solid bundle and I can make five payments on it. Should have it on the 3rd. So stoked.

I'm honestly just fiending to play The Show 20 on it to see it in 4K HDR at 60fps. And now I at least know I will be able to get The Show 21 if it doesn't come out on Xbox.

It came with Sackboy. Is it any good?
Old 01-27-2021, 07:43 PM   #1155
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It came with Sackboy. Is it any good?
Yea it’s suppose to be pretty fun it got good reviews 8’s on both open critic and meta critic. Also don’t overlook Astro bot that comes with the system. The costumes you can download of other characters look cool. It’s the best way to learn about the controller and better then I expected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #1156
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea it’s suppose to be pretty fun it got good reviews 8’s on both open critic and meta critic. Also don’t overlook Astro bot that comes with the system. The costumes you can download of other characters look cool. It’s the best way to learn about the controller and better then I expected.
Astro bot is amazing but short like 3 hour game but man does it show of the controller amazing and yeah the controller rumble and such is like nothing ever seen before on a consoles. Sackboy I have but have not played it enough to say much on it other than I like the music.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #1157
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2

Totally lucked out today and picked up a PS5 at Belk.com. Belk is a southeastern department store chain that literally sells no gaming merchandise at all. This was just a special offer to their credit card holders (thank you wife o’mine!) and you could only purchase it with the store credit card.

We placed our order two hours or so after the sale went live and had no problem securing one. It’ll be delivered to my home on Tuesday.

Word to the wise, keep your eyes pealed to lesser known outlets, even places that do not typically sell gaming merchandise, for deals on new consoles. I’m so happy to have waited until I could buy a PS5 at the normal retail price.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:14 PM   #1158
MVP

I have been very underwhelmed with PS5 and Series X...I have not touched either in close to a month.

Beat Miles Morales and Demon Souls the first week or two and nothing left for me to play and same on xbox

Does not hurt that I am doing my gaming on PC with a 3090 and I9 10900k but consoles need to give me a reason to turn them on and right now I got no reason

Might sell them and buy them later on when there is a reason to play them

Am having way more fun with 2k21 on PC which is not the next gen version like new consoles but loving it 4k 160hz over 4k 60fps with 30fps cuts
Old 01-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #1159
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I have been very underwhelmed with PS5 and Series X...I have not touched either in close to a month.

Beat Miles Morales and Demon Souls the first week or two and nothing left for me to play and same on xbox

Does not hurt that I am doing my gaming on PC with a 3090 and I9 10900k but consoles need to give me a reason to turn them on and right now I got no reason

Am having way more fun with 2k21 on PC which is not the next gen version like new consoles but loving it 4k 160hz over 4k 60fps with 30fps cuts

I feel like this about the ps5. I ended the miles which was super short and played some demon Souls. I mainly use it to play mlb the show against some friends, but besides that I barely play it. I use my series x every day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2021, 11:48 PM   #1160
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx

Granted, im not a PC gamer whatsoever and didn't get the Xbox Series X until January 4th but thus far, im loving it. Played the Gears 5: Hivebusters DLC and is exactly what im hoping Gears 6 ends up being but in the 12 or so hour range campaign wise. Played Watch Dogs Legion and the Ray Tracing was great and very impressive. Shame the game itself was disappointing for me but no biggie since I made a $4 profit on it when I traded it in. LOL.

Recently finished Immortals Fenyx Rising and simply, an excellent game that I really enjoyed. Will start Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Monday and still have Cyberpunk 2077 and Gears Tactics to play. Also have Miles Morales but have been unable to buy a PS5 but by the time Ratchet releases, I should have one.

I have been most impressed with the SSD. Not that im going to but no way in hell would I ever go back to playing any game on an older console with an HDD. Just no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I feel like this about the ps5. I ended the miles which was super short and played some demon Souls. I mainly use it to play mlb the show against some friends, but besides that I barely play it. I use my series x every day though.

Since we're in the same state, feel free to send me your PS5 for free of course if you're disappointed with it as I will gladly take it off your hands for free. Hehehe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »