Home

PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on November 12 - Pre-Orders Start Tomorrow

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on November 12 - Pre-Orders Start Tomorrow within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #1169
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on Novem

How do I get ps direct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
PS Direct has turned into the most reliable way to get one when they have drops. You can open windows on as many devices as you want.

Last time I got one it was on an old iPhone 6 Safari browser.

Every drop I usually have a window open on a few different computers and devices and if you get anything under 30 minutes after the website refreshes then you have a chance to get one.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 02-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #1170
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PlayStation 5 ($499) and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition ($399) - Releases on Novem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
How do I get ps direct?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's really just the Sony online store.

Periodically they open up a queue and give everyone about 25 minutes to get on the website and when the timer expires there's a random order generated to let only a certain amount of people browse the store at a time.

People only have x amount of time to buy something or they are autobooted from the store. It also only lets people buy 1 console and immediately after your purchase is complete it boots you from the store.

So you enter the queue. Timer expires. It randomly sorts and gives you an estimated time to get in. Everyone's time starts with an hour and then once it shuffles you get a better idea of whether you're going to get a shot or not. If your time starts dropping fast there's a good shot.

The easiest way to know when there is a queue is Twitter where sitesupply or maybe Wario64 tweet it out.

I say it's the easiest because there's no spamming refresh or opening 50 windows on BestBuy or WalMart trying to get lucky and there's protection in place to ward off bots so everyone has an equal shot at getting in. You also get free 2 day FedEx air on it. It's still random and takes some luck, but IMO it's better than fighting the other retailers where it's almost impossible.

In my BFV clan we have been able to get one for someone almost every time there's a queue by just having everyone open up a window on their devices.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us
Old 02-12-2021, 12:38 AM   #1171
MVP

OVR: 0

Finally snagged a PS5 Disc Edition bundle at GameStop the other day. $710 plus tax. Includes a second controller, $20 GameStop Gift Card, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and NBA 2K21. Will trade in the controller, Miles and NBA 2K21 since I have the $50 edition of Spider Man Miles Morales already which should knock down the price to around $600 excluding tax which is fine. I'm just happy to have both current gen consoles as im now set for the next 6-8 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 09:47 PM   #1172
Rookie

OVR: 0

My nephew wanted a PS5 for Christmas, but my sister couldn't get him one, so he got a PS4 instead. (not for lack of trying, she had me checking every couple of hours, a few days after I was doing it religiously for my own (I had stopped when I locked up my Xbox Series S in October). I wish I had known about those live stock update videos on youtube that I first saw last week back then)

Then 2 weeks into the new year, my sister was able to get a PS5 all digital edition for his birthday.

And today she dropped off a PS5 disk console for me (she offered to swap the disk version for her son's digital, but as much as I"m going all digital, there's still dvds I play, and I have PS4 disk games.

So for Canadians, check Shoppers Drug Mart, they might have them in stock in store, because that's where my sister got both the consoles.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #1173
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm hoping to be able to find one of these by the time the PS6 rolls out.....
Old 03-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #1174
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Target and Best Buy have been putting them on their website for purchase/pick up, in the wee hours of the morning. I've seen them listed as early as 4am several times, and each time it was a Sunday that I saw them that early.

Hope this helps someone out.

Meijer will periodically have them in store for purchase. No notification, no heads up, no advertising. Just show up.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #1175
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm hoping to be able to find one of these by the time the PS6 rolls out.....
I'm hoping there will be some games worth purchasing the console for.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #1176
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm hoping there will be some games worth purchasing the console for.
MLB The Show 21, Ratchet and Clank, and Resident Evil 7 have me searching more diligently these days for a PS5.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »