Home

Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion

This is a discussion on Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #73
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion

Want an interesting good read? Good column regarding the purchase and the perception. It's an opinion, but it now stands out. I'm now wondering about what old agreements are there.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #74
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Want an interesting good read? Good column regarding the purchase and the perception. It's an opinion, but it now stands out. I'm now wondering about what old agreements are there.
No doubt they move to Azure when legally possible....cheaper and the money stays within MS overall...plus i bet there'll be tons of ways to integrate together that may not have been possible before.

MS is about making money, so if putting stuff elsewhere isn't risking making money elsewhere then it won't be exclusive. They have a plan, we just don't know it.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
MS did not buy Bethesda and the flock of studios that come with the company to put games on Sony platform. The big single player titles from them will be on PC and Xbox game pass

I just do not get why Sony fans call this out but their claim to diss xbox is that they have no exclusives to make them buy into xbox. Now they do but they want MS to be the nice guy?

MS can put those games on PS5 if Sony puts Naughty Dog titles on game pass
I dont see sony fanboys calling this out? I'm a sony fanboy and I personally dont even care. Good purchase for Microsoft though (not being sarcastic)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by YuNgWuN; 09-24-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Microsoft owns Minecraft yet they are selling it on Playstation.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/minecraft-ps4/
Minecraft is a platformer that gets support for years and years which is why it is on everything.

Cannot compare Minecraft to an actual triple A game come on
Old 09-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Yes, I believe new IPs will get exclusives in the future. As a MS stock owner I applaud this move. They're going to need studios to fill games for GP and I rather avoid Tick Tock all together.

As for Spiderman? Lol, Sony is I think closing in on $100B. They're competing with a trillion dollar company. They need some "Aces up their sleeves." But they're working together. Sony using Azure, The Show going multi. I think Dickey pointed it out perfectly regarding who Microsoft's real competitor is.
Only way the games will appear on SOny is if Sony puts xbox game pass on their console. The Show going multi has zero to do with Sony and everything to do with MLB

The only games that will go to Sony are the online specific games but single player triple A. Not going to happen IMO
Old 09-24-2020, 04:57 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Yeah that'll never happen, Naughty Dog, imo, is far and away better then Bethesda. I haven't played a single Bethesda game, got close to trying Fallout but never did.
I agree 100% that ND games are superior but you cannot say ND games are superior so no chance Sony puts them on Xbox but Xbox will put their games on Sony....I mean really?
Old 09-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #79
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
MS did not buy Bethesda and the flock of studios that come with the company to put games on Sony platform. The big single player titles from them will be on PC and Xbox game pass

I just do not get why Sony fans call this out but their claim to diss xbox is that they have no exclusives to make them buy into xbox. Now they do but they want MS to be the nice guy?

MS can put those games on PS5 if Sony puts Naughty Dog titles on game pass
Assuming since you quoted me you are referring to me.
No where did I dis MS or any brand at all.
I am PC mainly (And as of today do not own any consoles other than SWITCH) and simply said I hate exclusives FROM BOTH SIDES.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-24-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Assuming since you quoted me you are referring to me.
I am PC mainly (And as of today do not own any consoles other than SWITCH) and simply said I hate exclusives FROM BOTH SIDES.
Take off the fanboy hat for a while. Not everyone is one like you.
Fanboy? No Sky it has to do with the way for the last few years it has been well why buy an xbox when they have no games so there is no reason to

But once they have a stable of games coming, the other side says is not fair to not put it on sony. Really?

Spiderman is the biggest super hero in most cases and only Sony fans get to enjoy it. Which sony fans tell you that this is the reason to buy a sony console because of the exclusives. But when the other side gets exclusives it is not fair?

I have PS5 and series X pre ordered and I game on a 2080ti and waiting to buy a 3090 when available.

And I spent this gen mostly on ps4 and pc. So fanboy not....Just pointing out way things shake out in the end when the shoe is on the other foot

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »