Home

Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion

This is a discussion on Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #41
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Microsoft buys Bethesda for 7.5 billion

I don't think I have played a single game from these devs. That being said, Game Pass is the best value in entertainment, IMO. I'm finishing up Man of Medan now. Xbox really is on track to be the Netflix of gaming. I love it. This next generation is shaping up to be outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I don't think I have played a single game from these devs. That being said, Game Pass is the best value in entertainment, IMO. I'm finishing up Man of Medan now. Xbox really is on track to be the Netflix of gaming. I love it. This next generation is shaping up to be outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
You've never played Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls (Skyrim, Oblivion, etc), Dishonored, Prey, Rage, Wolfenstein or Quake?

That's not a complete list, lol.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Hopefully it does for the PS5 users and would never be happy about it not being on all platforms.
I'm set with PC but I'll never ever like exclusives no matter the game or platform.
MS did not buy Bethesda and the flock of studios that come with the company to put games on Sony platform. The big single player titles from them will be on PC and Xbox game pass

I just do not get why Sony fans call this out but their claim to diss xbox is that they have no exclusives to make them buy into xbox. Now they do but they want MS to be the nice guy?

MS can put those games on PS5 if Sony puts Naughty Dog titles on game pass
Old 09-23-2020, 11:51 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I would like to see Fallout 5/ES6 be multiplatform.

Then have an Obsidian Fallout game be an Xbox exclusive. As a Playstation fan I can live with that.
This is not going to happen, you can buy gamepass on pc or buy an xbox.

Once MS made this investment this is all about building game pass. They do not need sony fans because in order to put the games on sony they gotta give sony a 30% cut so why would they do that and not allow those sony fans to buy into gamepass on pc or buy an xbox.

If you are a ps5 guy and see that those games on xbox are something you want to enjoy/ Why not buy a cheap 300 xbox series s and get them on game pass instead of having to drop 70 if it was on playstation. Makes no sense. A few 70 games on ps5 from that company pays off for xbox series s
Old 09-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #45
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I just do not get why Sony fans call this out but their claim to diss xbox is that they have no exclusives to make them buy into xbox. Now they do but they want MS to be the nice guy?

MS can put those games on PS5 if Sony puts Naughty Dog titles on game pass
There's a difference. This is not a dev but a publisher. This is the equivalent of Microsoft buying EA or Activision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2020, 12:33 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
There's a difference. This is not a dev but a publisher. This is the equivalent of Microsoft buying EA or Activision.
No there is no difference, MS bought them so now they are the publisher and bethesda still the dev.

Just like Sony is the publisher of Naughty Dog games. They won the company and publish that devs games

Same now for MS and Bethesda

Sony publisher/ Naughty Dog dev

MS publisher/ Bethesda Dev
Old 09-24-2020, 12:42 AM   #47
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

As if I could turn down a check for $7,500,000,000...

.. but it kills me this is the way the industry keeps on going.

I hoped to see more privateer studios at this point. The EXACT opposite has happened.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:50 AM   #48
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
No there is no difference, MS bought them so now they are the publisher and bethesda still the dev.

Just like Sony is the publisher of Naughty Dog games. They won the company and publish that devs games

Same now for MS and Bethesda

Sony publisher/ Naughty Dog dev

MS publisher/ Bethesda Dev
There's a difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios. Microsoft released a statement that they said that they will let Bethesda continue to be independent and continue to Publish games.

Bethesda and all of their studios of have not been placed under the Xbox Game studios banner either.

Last edited by zello144; 09-24-2020 at 12:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »