Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #89
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PlayStation 5

I keep noticing a trend.. those with issues either have or did have an external hard drive or USB.

I’ve had neither and haven’t noticed any issues. Not saying anyone who doesn’t have one has no issues, but most on here have stated they had an external or USB.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Not sure if anyone here uses capture cards, such as ElGato, but I learned the hard way that the 4k60 Pro doesn't do any encoding. So, if you play on single monitor, via the preview/OBS, the difference of switching from 1080p to 1440p, is staggering in CPU performance, thus input lag.

Thankfully, I ended up purchasing the AverMedia Live Gamer 4K - and can play on 1440p with zero slow downs and very low amount of resources in use.

Just thought I'd share as it was an expensive mistake that I hope noone else experiences!
Old 11-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #91
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

Just curious if there are some numbers showing of failure rates, as in does it seem to be just the physical console that is having issues or is the digital version having just as many issues? I ask because when I see most videos or read posts on forums this seems to only be affecting physical disk versions.

I mean I am at the point of being scared to use my new system. I have had the digital since launch day, had it crash on me just once playing the PS4 version of Cold War before I realized it wasn’t the ps5 version. I have left it in rest mode until 2 days ago while not playing and have had an external ssd hooked up since I powered it on. No issues except for the one shutdown of Cold War which had to do with on Xbox/ps5 playing the older version of Cold War on the new systems.

I have heard few people say they have been luckier like me(knock on wood) with little to no issues and just curious if the few and far between having small to no issues seem to be digital version as there are so many less out there of these consoles. So just wanted to ask if anybody has been hearing this about both physical and digital?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #92
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I keep noticing a trend.. those with issues either have or did have an external hard drive or USB.

I’ve had neither and haven’t noticed any issues. Not saying anyone who doesn’t have one has no issues, but most on here have stated they had an external or USB.

Unfortunately I never used a Hard drive or USB and been affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2020, 11:45 AM   #93
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I haven't played it much in the week I had so far. I probably only played it for a total of 2-3 hours. Only issue I ran into was a little bit ago, I tried to upload a face scan into NBA 2k21. Every time I push X to search for scan, the console immediately crashes and shows error screen. I didn't have any issues with it last night though
Old 11-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

I mentioned I did have a couple of Demon's Souls crashes on my digital-only one with nothing connected (plus a Madden '21 one that is most likely an old, previously patched bug rearing its ugly head again). But you're right, a lot of the problems do seem to be coming from externals.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #95
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Man, I’m not going to lie. I think I’m going to hold off on playing my ps5 until an update comes out that addresses these issues. Looks like the ps5 might be overclocked a little too much and it’s causing many to have their ps5 brick. I haven’t experienced this but my system freezes from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 11:43 PM   #96
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
PlayStation 5

Can a software update even fix GPU problems? Seems like you’d need a new PS5 if you have GPU problems. If this is the case then it doesn’t make sense to stop playing your PS5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 11-22-2020 at 11:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »