Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #1337
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PlayStation 5

I don't know how newer Pulse models are compared to previous ones such as the Pulse Elites, but I was not a fan of those. I have many posts of old like ten years ago echoing the same thing: the pulse bass was either engaged or disengaged (there was no crossover blend and all felt like it was at a single frequency), and was on an independent volume level from your volume knob.

They may have changed things since then, but I've never enjoyed my experiences with Sony over-the-ear headphones. Their earbuds, on the other hand, were always fantastic value purchases for me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #1338
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't know how newer Pulse models are compared to previous ones such as the Pulse Elites, but I was not a fan of those. I have many posts of old like ten years ago echoing the same thing: the pulse bass was either engaged or disengaged (there was no crossover blend and all felt like it was at a single frequency), and was on an independent volume level from your volume knob.

They may have changed things since then, but I've never enjoyed my experiences with Sony over-the-ear headphones. Their earbuds, on the other hand, were always fantastic value purchases for me.

I think I had the first set they made for the PS3, but I didn’t use them enough to remember any opinion I may have had on them.

I finally have a pretty decent surround sound system for the first time in my adult life, but the only chance I get to play is after the kids are asleep. Such is life…

I do have a pair of the over ear Sony XM3s, which I’m not crazy about overall, but they’re good enough for plugging into a controller I guess.

I’ve also considered going with a radio frequency set, hooking it up to the receiver, and doing things that way. I’m not really familiar with that tech, but I would guess it’s better quality than the audio being sent via Bluetooth to the dual sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-23-2022, 03:48 PM   #1339
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
What do you guys think of the Pulse 3D headset?

Pretty good for $100, or am I better off just plugging in a decent set of headphones into the analog jack?

I don’t play much online these days, so having a mic available isn’t necessarily a must for me.

I like the Pulses, but if you just want to hear the game, I would go the wired route. I prefer the Pulses because of the wireless capabilities, but I am lazy and constantly forget to charge them, so I typically use a $15 one hear headset.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 04-25-2022, 03:08 PM   #1340
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"Variable Refresh Rate support starts rolling out globally to PS5 players this week. Full details: https://t.co/8e4kbCH7Td https://t.co/pIHiq7HEuO "
Old 04-25-2022, 10:35 PM   #1341
All Star

OVR: 0

I never could tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps fells and looks 100% the same to me and I dont really understand what VRR does lol. But will be interesting to see what digital foundry says and if games that are like 60 can get up to like 90 or something now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #1342
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I never could tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps fells and looks 100% the same to me and I dont really understand what VRR does lol. But will be interesting to see what digital foundry says and if games that are like 60 can get up to like 90 or something now.
VRR will push the FPS a bit higher, it helps with screen tearing and clipping. It helps keeps the frames more accurate and stable.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 04-26-2022 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:40 AM   #1343
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I’m not 100% on exactly how VRR works on the consoles, but I assume it’s similar to G-sync for Nvidia on the pc side.

If your tv supports the feature (mine doesn’t) it will sort of be able to match dips or spikes in frame rate with the appropriate refresh rate.

Also, man do I envy you guys that can’t see the difference between 30fps and higher frame rates. I’m at the point where 30 is more or less unplayable for me.

Old 04-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #1344
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

PlayStation Plus games for May:

⚽ FIFA 22
⚔️ Tribes of Midgard
🔥Curse of the Dead Gods

More details: https://t.co/PVaGVCcmAG https://t.co/z05RePlDEm "

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »