Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #1361
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: PlayStation 5

I look forward to even cheaper used/sale prices on some of these first party titles I haven’t gotten around to yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2022, 02:59 PM   #1362
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That's how I approached getting PS Plus for the PS Plus Collection. As long as there were 3-5 games I was interested in, that made getting it worth it. Just like the Extra tier, as long as there are X amount of quality games, that makes it worth to upgrade to Extra.

That does make me change the way how I approach getting Exclusive games. If it's eventually going to end up on PS Plus Extra a year and half plus, then it might make sense to wait. Especially when most of the patches go through

Yup…..here in Canada Spider-Man Miles Morales ultimate edition is still $89.99…….why not our that $89.99 toward plus extra and get that game plus many more………makes sense right ?
Old 05-16-2022, 03:16 PM   #1363
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Yup…..here in Canada Spider-Man Miles Morales ultimate edition is still $89.99…….why not our that $89.99 toward plus extra and get that game plus many more………makes sense right ?
I think it makes sense. At the very least, it makes it worthwhile for the year plus with the other games you'll get in the year.

Do you think we'll see some type of discount for these tiers around Black Friday. There's usually some type of discount around that time. So, debating on waiting to see if there's some type of discount.

Certain PS4 games, I have been waiting on for potential next gen patches. A game like Tomb Raider:SoTR had a random next gen patch early last year that made a good difference. So, a game like RDR2, I'm waiting on.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:31 AM   #1364
Rookie

JULIANCROSSTITAN's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to get myself a PS5 soon. I am excited about it! I will use it to play PS4 and PS5 games on it.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:28 AM   #1365
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I hope Sony hashes out a better process for this come US release time. I've got PS Now so shouldn't affect me personally, but this could be really bad for some really loyal / long term subs.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...03463350673410
According to reports from Asian players who have access to the new PS+, if you got your sub at a discount you'll be charged a higher upgrade fee to make up for the discount

Also: stacked subscriptions must pay for the upgrade for the entire sub duration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStation...ssential_asia/

For example: if you are stacked until 2030, and you want to upgrade to Deluxe/Premium, you'll have to pay for the full subscription duration

So you can't just buy 3 months or a year of the new tiers - you have to pay for the new tiers until 2030 as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #1366
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Personally I don't look I'm a firm believer in never cheating the system..

I get there are people who wanted to have there subscriptions paid off until 2030+ but to be fair it's basically like stealing..

Anyone who was thinking Sony was going to allow the exploiters who abused the ps+ ps now thing to stack subscriptions at a discount had it coming

Look I get it's ruthless & cold to say this but honestly it's like when you commit a crime your always gonna get caught & pay the price eventually..

So Sony doing this doesn't surprise me for those who will get mad over it I'll just say this..

This is exactly why you don't cheat the system because it eventually comes back to haunt you..

Those who Sony got by doing this good luck getting a refund cause Sony doesn't give refunds so your basically sol...

Next time it's best to wait before buying multiple ps+ ps now subscriptions because it's things like this that get changed.. I don't blame Sony for preventing people from cheating them out of $$$

I blame the people who tried so hard to abuse the system thinking they were going to get away with it.. we all learn hard valuable lessons in life let this be one of em... cus it was inevitable this was coming after what everyone was doing once the new ps+ was announced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I hope Sony hashes out a better process for this come US release time. I've got PS Now so shouldn't affect me personally, but this could be really bad for some really loyal / long term subs.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...03463350673410
According to reports from Asian players who have access to the new PS+, if you got your sub at a discount you'll be charged a higher upgrade fee to make up for the discount

Also: stacked subscriptions must pay for the upgrade for the entire sub duration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStation...ssential_asia/

For example: if you are stacked until 2030, and you want to upgrade to Deluxe/Premium, you'll have to pay for the full subscription duration

So you can't just buy 3 months or a year of the new tiers - you have to pay for the new tiers until 2030 as well
Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 05-24-2022, 03:07 PM   #1367
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
PlayStation 5

The whole thing is pretty silly.

How Sony didn’t just come out with a quick tweet or press release telling people to pump the breaks on subscription stacking is beyond me.

But then wanting to sign up for nearly a decade’s worth of a somewhat unproven service is just as weird.

More power to ya if that’s how you want to spend your money, and even better for those people if it had worked out, I guess…

Though at the same time, if a very small percentage of my own customers tried getting one by me like that, and were then upset when I told them that they would actually have to pay full price, I don’t know how I’d react.

Honestly, I’d have trouble not involuntarily laughing in their face. And if they persisted in being upset, I’d probably tell them to take their business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #1368
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm not sure you guys fully understand what you're defending, frankly.

Another example, and goes beyond sub stacking... Sony has sales for PS+ all the time through official retailers. They're recovering that savings when people are upgrading. They're charging people the difference between their actual paid cost for PSN and the cost of the new tier, rather than the standard difference between the two.

If you go to Playstation.com people are finding their subscriptions listed as PlayStation®Plus: 12 Month Membership - 33% Off for using one of those sales (the 33% off is new). If you see that because you bought a PS+ card on sale from a retailer, you'll pay more for the new tiers. You're a less valuable sub so they plan to claw back the discount you got on it if you want a higher tier.

If this sticks, the negative PR will be dizzying, this will be a huge deal for them in the US and EU. It's never been uncommon for a price conscious gamer to buy a sub at a discount, this affects far more than any egregious sub stacking by an extreme minority of users - many of which btw stacked PS Plus subs, which unless Sony's changed terms (a whole different legal and PR problem) should still convert directly to the highest tier and aren't affected by this.

They've got a couple weeks to prevent a big mess, don't think they've commented yet, we'll see soon what path they take.

Hopefully unrelated, good response by wario64 though, lol.

sony.jpg

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1529188786118086656

Last edited by mestevo; 05-24-2022 at 04:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »