Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2021, 11:51 PM   #433
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
God of War Ragnarok has already been delayed internally to 2022. Just a matter of time before Sony confirms it. Horizon 2 is still expected to get delayed to 2022. Everyone is working from home and any game that needs to do motion capture will also cause delays.

I would much rather see games get delayed over getting released in a bad state like Cyberpunk 2077. If the development studios need more time, they should get it.
I just mean GOW has not been officially delayed yet by Sony is all. There was a rumor about Horizon but the rumor was also shot down and not sure why you would say its expected yet just because of one rumor? Yeah I know I dont want games rushed either its just before the year started 2021 was looking to be massive between Sony, Nintendo and Multiplatform games now its looking like its going to be more like 2022 because of covid. I am just running out of patients not only because of games but the fact like ever movie sense last year has been getting delayed like 6+ months because of covid and theaters not being open I am just annoyed but I know a lot of people have been this last year or so lol. With Horizon if it does get pushed to 2022 I hope we at least get are first look at gameplay around e3 time. I know e3 is like dead/dyeing but I am sure Sony will either do a show or a big state of play or something around June or a little before or after like may/July.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:31 AM   #434
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I just mean GOW has not been officially delayed yet by Sony is all. There was a rumor about Horizon but the rumor was also shot down and not sure why you would say its expected yet just because of one rumor? Yeah I know I dont want games rushed either its just before the year started 2021 was looking to be massive between Sony, Nintendo and Multiplatform games now its looking like its going to be more like 2022 because of covid. I am just running out of patients not only because of games but the fact like ever movie sense last year has been getting delayed like 6+ months because of covid and theaters not being open I am just annoyed but I know a lot of people have been this last year or so lol. With Horizon if it does get pushed to 2022 I hope we at least get are first look at gameplay around e3 time. I know e3 is like dead/dyeing but I am sure Sony will either do a show or a big state of play or something around June or a little before or after like may/July.

Sony did remove God of War Ragnarok from their 2021 release calendar but didn't mention it publicly yet. Until recently, it was always mentioned as a 2021 title but it never was going to be 2021. Just no way. Not in a post-Covid-19 world.

It's not just Horizon 2 that im expecting to get delayed. My personal guess based on those who know more than I do and have a good solid track record, I have Crimson Desert, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy (already delayed), Prince of Persia Remake and Starfield getting delayed into 2022.

The major top tier AAA titles just aren't ready and when you add in the fact that consoles are still extremely limited, it's better to hold off until 2022. On the positive side, im expecting a 20 game year for me in 2022 because of all the 2021 delays.

You need to be patient and understand the reality of the situation. Be happy that you even have your PlayStation 5 and the games that you're playing on it. You need to realize that throughout 2020, development stopped and was then changed to work from home which for game development is a huge pain in the neck to deal with.

E3 itself is dead. The ESA already cancelled their "live event" which was never going to get approved to happen and to be part of their digital event, publishers would have to pay them. No publisher is doing that when they can just have their own digital event.

Sony will most likely have their bigger State of Play most likely in June like they did last year. All digital. Game after game. Probably around an hour or so give or take. I am 100% expecting a long gameplay trailer for Horizon 2 and a teaser trailer for God of War Ragnarok.

Due to Covid-19, I want to see publishers like Sony, Microsoft, etc. wait until the game is closer to being finished before showing it because it's not going to work out due to everyone working from home.

We're getting Returnal, Ratchet, Kena, Oddworld, Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect trilogy remaster, Outriders and a bunch of other games so it's not all bad. Could be far worse.

Last edited by peter42O; 02-28-2021 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #435
All Star

Quote:
Sony did remove God of War Ragnarok from their 2021 release calendar but didn't mention it publicly yet. Until recently, it was always mentioned as a 2021 title but it never was going to be 2021. Just no way. Not in a post-Covid-19 world.

It's not just Horizon 2 that im expecting to get delayed. My personal guess based on those who know more than I do and have a good solid track record, I have Crimson Desert, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy (already delayed), Prince of Persia Remake and Starfield getting delayed into 2022.

The major top tier AAA titles just aren't ready and when you add in the fact that consoles are still extremely limited, it's better to hold off until 2022. On the positive side, im expecting a 20 game year for me in 2022 because of all the 2021 delays.

You need to be patient and understand the reality of the situation. Be happy that you even have your PlayStation 5 and the games that you're playing on it. You need to realize that throughout 2020, development stopped and was then changed to work from home which for game development is a huge pain in the neck to deal with.

E3 itself is dead. The ESA already cancelled their "live event" which was never going to get approved to happen and to be part of their digital event, publishers would have to pay them. No publisher is doing that when they can just have their own digital event.

Sony will most likely have their bigger State of Play most likely in June like they did last year. All digital. Game after game. Probably around an hour or so give or take. I am 100% expecting a long gameplay trailer for Horizon 2 and a teaser trailer for God of War Ragnarok.

Due to Covid-19, I want to see publishers like Sony, Microsoft, etc. wait until the game is closer to being finished before showing it because it's not going to work out due to everyone working from home.

We're getting Returnal, Ratchet, Kena, Oddworld, Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect trilogy remaster, Outriders and a bunch of other games so it's not all bad. Could be far worse.
I didn't see GOW of the calendar thing but I did see the comments by Cory Bar-log about how it will come out when ready and yeah that sounds like its still a long way off and its only been about 3 years sense the last one and with covid going on I am sure there is still a lot of work left to do on it. Starfield I thought had no release window I never heard any thing about it being a 2021 game before and we really still have like no idea what the game even really is. Prince of Persia I did hear is now been delayed indefinitely. Ghotham knights was only said 2021 so its hard to know yet because we never got a window meaning it could have maybe been a late 2021 game that they where looking to release it meaning with covid maybe it becomes early/middle 2022. I have not heard any rumors yet with Gotham knights and we have not had a update on it in like 6-7 months. I would expect some kind of update on it by summer. Is Horizon FW being talked about being pushed to 2022 just because it was thought of has a late 2021 game and people just don't believe it will not be pushed back because of how many other games have been pushed back already? I know there has not been a update on lego Star Wars Skywalker saga for a while either when it comes to release date and so people think its going to be delayed to.

Yeah e3 has basically been dead for a few years. 2020 we didnt get it because of covid. 2019 Sony was not there. 2018 Sony was there and it showed some great stuff but was basically it was just updates on things. Yeah I heard e3 this year is like just going to be digital stuff. For Sony I expect updates on GOW, Horizon FW to be the big things. Any chance we see spiderman 2 at e3? Before Covid I thought we would see something about spiderman 2 this year but now I am not sure could see it being shown in 2022 instead. Now it might be a good idea for people to wait a little longer to show things/release dates like you said because of covid. For Nintendo I expect to see more BOTW 2 come summer and maybe some other stuff depending on what else Nintendo has this year and depending on if BOTW 2 is this year or next year.

I understand like I said its just frustrating seeing all the delays and with like all movies being pushed back to and not being able to go to the theater and even more so being that I am in ca and theaters have only been open for like a month in the last like year. I just cant wait to see gameplay of Horizon FW and for Zelda BOTW 2 and to at least get a release window even if it gets changed again. Yeah its not all bad ratchet and clank is my second favorite video game franchise of all time behind only Zelda and rift apart looks to be the first game to really take advantage of ps5. Kena looks amazing like a Pixar movie come to life and the music sounds great to cant wait to play it. That crimson desert game looks great but yeah it might end up being a 2022 game it was the best looking game shown at the video game awards. Yeah 2022 is going to end up being massive now. I wonder if a game like Kill the justice league that was supposed to be a 2022 game will get any updates this year with covid going on or if it will be a silent year this year for it. I love the batman Arkham games and being rocksteady game I wonder how Kill the justice league will be. I really have no idea what to think about the game and we really have no idea how the game will play or anything. Hope we get some kind of update on it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #436
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Am the only one excited for Returnal? Aside from Horizon and some of the other games delayed to 22, Returnal is the one I was looking forward to the most. Also why do people think Kena will be on PS+ immediately. Kena actually looks like a solid game so why would they give it away from the jump.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #437
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Am the only one excited for Returnal? Aside from Horizon and some of the other games delayed to 22, Returnal is the one I was looking forward to the most. Also why do people think Kena will be on PS+ immediately. Kena actually looks like a solid game so why would they give it away from the jump.
Returnal I have zero interest in. Kena I cant wait for and ratchet and clank. The reason people thought Kena was going to be a ps+ game was because normally the last Wednesday of the month Sony says what the next months ps+ games are going to be but they waited to Thursday this last week the same day we had the state of play and Kena delay in release was announced Thursday pretty late to announce it. Kena was supposed to be a launch ps5 game got delay to Q1 2021 and before the state of play on Thursday only like 2 weeks earlier it was said to still be on track for Q1 2021. So still being said on track for Q1 2021 but yet having no date announced before Thursday people thought it was going to end up being march ps+ game. It just turned out they gave us the release date and news of delay pretty late has it was only like a month until the end of Q1 when we got the news of August 24 release date and that is like a 5 month delay.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:21 AM   #438
MVP

Quote:
I didn't see GOW of the calendar thing but I did see the comments by Cory Bar-log about how it will come out when ready and yeah that sounds like its still a long way off and its only been about 3 years sense the last one and with covid going on I am sure there is still a lot of work left to do on it. Starfield I thought had no release window I never heard any thing about it being a 2021 game before and we really still have like no idea what the game even really is. Prince of Persia I did hear is now been delayed indefinitely. Ghotham knights was only said 2021 so its hard to know yet because we never got a window meaning it could have maybe been a late 2021 game that they where looking to release it meaning with covid maybe it becomes early/middle 2022. I have not heard any rumors yet with Gotham knights and we have not had a update on it in like 6-7 months. I would expect some kind of update on it by summer. Is Horizon FW being talked about being pushed to 2022 just because it was thought of has a late 2021 game and people just don't believe it will not be pushed back because of how many other games have been pushed back already? I know there has not been a update on lego Star Wars Skywalker saga for a while either when it comes to release date and so people think its going to be delayed to.
Yeah, once Barlog said "when it's done" for God of War Ragnarok, that basically confirms it's 2022. Starfield has been heavily rumored for 2021 but with Halo Infinite being 100% for November, I can't see Microsoft releasing it around Halo Infinite and Bethesda Game Studios can always use an extra six months for polishing so I believe that it's 2022. Prince of Persia Remake was delayed indefinitely so it probably will be 2022.

Gotham Knights has a chance for the fall but I think it gets delayed to 2022. Their gameplay looked great but had some technical issues so I don't believe it's releasing this year. Majority believe that Horizon 2 gets delayed to 2022 simply because it's not ready. Take God of War 2018 for example. It was actually finished in the Fall of 2017 and Sony gave them an extra 6 months just to polish the game so I see Horizon 2 getting the same treatment which is what Sony normally does for their exclusives. Haven't seen or heard about the Lego game but in fairness, I don't keep track of it.

Quote:
Yeah e3 has basically been dead for a few years. 2020 we didnt get it because of covid. 2019 Sony was not there. 2018 Sony was there and it showed some great stuff but was basically it was just updates on things. Yeah I heard e3 this year is like just going to be digital stuff. For Sony I expect updates on GOW, Horizon FW to be the big things. Any chance we see spiderman 2 at e3? Before Covid I thought we would see something about spiderman 2 this year but now I am not sure could see it being shown in 2022 instead. Now it might be a good idea for people to wait a little longer to show things/release dates like you said because of covid. For Nintendo I expect to see more BOTW 2 come summer and maybe some other stuff depending on what else Nintendo has this year and depending on if BOTW 2 is this year or next year.
For Sony's show in June, I do see gameplay for Horizon 2. God of War Ragnarok is 50/50. All depends on if they have a good slice of the game polished and ready to be shown. The problem is that it takes between 3-6 months to create, edit and put together a gameplay trailer for these shows so what I see them doing is waiting until the game is much further along or a certain portion of the game is done like the beginning was with God of War back in 2016 and just show that because it would be a lot less work. The only editing they would have to do is the story stuff as to not spoil anything.

For Spider Man 2, I would have said yes if Miles Morales never existed but since it does, im going to say no and if it is somehow shown, it would just be a logo letting everyone know that it's development.

I don't follow Nintendo much at all since I don't really care about Nintendo but im not expecting BOTW 2 until March alongside with the Switch Pro (or whatever they end up calling it). This year, it's all about those $60 remasters for Nintendo. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess will most likely be spread out for the second half of 2021 and that will all lead in to BOTW 2.

The only games for the end of the year that I see being 100% released is Battlefield 6, COD 2021 and Halo Infinite. Everything else is 50/50 at best. Also, don't be surprised if Ratchet & Clank gets delayed a few weeks/months because FF7R releases the day before and it makes no sense for Sony to release one of their own games the day after the game in which they're paying Square Enix to keep off Xbox.

Quote:
I understand like I said its just frustrating seeing all the delays and with like all movies being pushed back to and not being able to go to the theater and even more so being that I am in ca and theaters have only been open for like a month in the last like year. I just cant wait to see gameplay of Horizon FW and for Zelda BOTW 2 and to at least get a release window even if it gets changed again. Yeah its not all bad ratchet and clank is my second favorite video game franchise of all time behind only Zelda and rift apart looks to be the first game to really take advantage of ps5. Kena looks amazing like a Pixar movie come to life and the music sounds great to cant wait to play it. That crimson desert game looks great but yeah it might end up being a 2022 game it was the best looking game shown at the video game awards. Yeah 2022 is going to end up being massive now. I wonder if a game like Kill the justice league that was supposed to be a 2022 game will get any updates this year with covid going on or if it will be a silent year this year for it. I love the batman Arkham games and being rocksteady game I wonder how Kill the justice league will be. I really have no idea what to think about the game and we really have no idea how the game will play or anything. Hope we get some kind of update on it this year.
I completely understand because I want the games too but I know the reality of the situation due to Covid-19 and I don't want to see companies rush out their games and they become like Cyberpunk 2077 which im simply waiting for the next gen upgrade to play the game.

Kena looks awesome. I will most likely buy it when it releases in 2022 for Xbox Series X if it's not on Game Pass day one. If it plays as good as looks, it's going to be a gem of a game. Crimson Desert is massive and will most likely need more time unless they release it into Early Access which I hope they don't do.

Haven't heard anything about Suicide Squad. It could still be on track for 2022 but at the same time, I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it gets pushed to 2023.

2021 is still going to be a very good year for gaming.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:52 PM   #439
All Star

Quote:
Yeah, once Barlog said "when it's done" for God of War Ragnarok, that basically confirms it's 2022. Starfield has been heavily rumored for 2021 but with Halo Infinite being 100% for November, I can't see Microsoft releasing it around Halo Infinite and Bethesda Game Studios can always use an extra six months for polishing so I believe that it's 2022. Prince of Persia Remake was delayed indefinitely so it probably will be 2022.

Gotham Knights has a chance for the fall but I think it gets delayed to 2022. Their gameplay looked great but had some technical issues so I don't believe it's releasing this year. Majority believe that Horizon 2 gets delayed to 2022 simply because it's not ready. Take God of War 2018 for example. It was actually finished in the Fall of 2017 and Sony gave them an extra 6 months just to polish the game so I see Horizon 2 getting the same treatment which is what Sony normally does for their exclusives. Haven't seen or heard about the Lego game but in fairness, I don't keep track of it.

For Sony's show in June, I do see gameplay for Horizon 2. God of War Ragnarok is 50/50. All depends on if they have a good slice of the game polished and ready to be shown. The problem is that it takes between 3-6 months to create, edit and put together a gameplay trailer for these shows so what I see them doing is waiting until the game is much further along or a certain portion of the game is done like the beginning was with God of War back in 2016 and just show that because it would be a lot less work. The only editing they would have to do is the story stuff as to not spoil anything.

For Spider Man 2, I would have said yes if Miles Morales never existed but since it does, im going to say no and if it is somehow shown, it would just be a logo letting everyone know that it's development.

I don't follow Nintendo much at all since I don't really care about Nintendo but im not expecting BOTW 2 until March alongside with the Switch Pro (or whatever they end up calling it). This year, it's all about those $60 remasters for Nintendo. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess will most likely be spread out for the second half of 2021 and that will all lead in to BOTW 2.

The only games for the end of the year that I see being 100% released is Battlefield 6, COD 2021 and Halo Infinite. Everything else is 50/50 at best. Also, don't be surprised if Ratchet & Clank gets delayed a few weeks/months because FF7R releases the day before and it makes no sense for Sony to release one of their own games the day after the game in which they're paying Square Enix to keep off Xbox.

I completely understand because I want the games too but I know the reality of the situation due to Covid-19 and I don't want to see companies rush out their games and they become like Cyberpunk 2077 which im simply waiting for the next gen upgrade to play the game.

Kena looks awesome. I will most likely buy it when it releases in 2022 for Xbox Series X if it's not on Game Pass day one. If it plays as good as looks, it's going to be a gem of a game. Crimson Desert is massive and will most likely need more time unless they release it into Early Access which I hope they don't do.

Haven't heard anything about Suicide Squad. It could still be on track for 2022 but at the same time, I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it gets pushed to 2023.

2021 is still going to be a very good year for gaming.
Oh is Halo still 2021? I have been thinking maybe it to would be pushed to 2022. I do know it got some new photos the other day though. Gotham Knight I am hoping it will be good but I am kind of iffy on it because it looks like the completely changed the combat compared to the Arkham games. The Arkham games are some of my favorite games and a big reason is the combat. Changing the combat system is a disappointment has its a type of system that should have been built on top of for like any batman game ever made going forward. I dont know how we could know Horizon FW is simple not done yet by the time the year is over so I don't see how that is really a good reason. I just figured people have thought 2022 now because of the fact so many other games have been delayed and the fact it may have been targeting a late 2021 meaning a few months would push it to 2022. Well I am not big into lego games fell like they do to many lego games but the fact the new lego Star Wars game covers all 9 of the main star war movies I think is great. But yeah it was supposed to come out last year at one point in time then got pushed to like spring 2021 and now it has not gotten a release date yet and of course spring is only a few weeks away.

Yeah with spiderman 2 I kind of fell the same way because of MM to. Also if Horizon FW is pushed to 2022 than I think it's even more likely that a spiderman 2 is 2023 rather than say a late 2022 game because than you are already have things set for 2022 with Horizon FW, GOW and GT 7. So then 2023 you maybe get spiderman 2 and maybe then like uncharted 5 in 2023 too. I know there have been rumors about the new SD studio taking over for uncharted or something. I wonder if we will find out what they are up to this year even if it is just like a GOW level tease meaning basically a logo. For spiderman 2 like I said if they where to like just show a still photo of Peter in the black suit or something I am sure people would go crazy.

With Nintendo at one point in time I had BOTW 2 has a early 2021 game and late 2021 at latest but that was before covid. Even with covid if its a early 2022 game that is like 5 years and that is with using BOTW assets that kind of worries me. Nintendo is kind of do for a new 3d Mario game so maybe the could be a late 2021 game or maybe its just the Zelda remake stuff. Switch pro I thought would be early 2021 a while back. Now I am starting to wonder if it's really even going to happen. There have been rumors about a switch pro sense like early 2019 and nothing yet. I fell like its getting kind of late to do a pro. If a switch pro comes out early 2022 that would be about 5 years after switch. I fell like it would make a lot more sense to have a pro around 4 year mark than 5 year mark. At 5 year mark it kind of seems late like maybe at that point you are better of just waiting like 2 more years for a switch 2 or what ever Nintendo calls there next gen system.

Yeah I dont want ratchet and clank to be delayed again but like you said its only 1 day before FF so maybe they push it back to July or august. SS yeah maybe it gets pushed to 2023 who knows that is a long way away I mean a lot could happen just between now and the end of 2021 when it comes to that game but the main thing is I just want a update on it this year dont want to go threw 2021 with nothing on it.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:01 AM   #440
MVP

Quote:
Oh is Halo still 2021? I have been thinking maybe it to would be pushed to 2022. I do know it got some new photos the other day though. Gotham Knight I am hoping it will be good but I am kind of iffy on it because it looks like the completely changed the combat compared to the Arkham games. The Arkham games are some of my favorite games and a big reason is the combat. Changing the combat system is a disappointment has its a type of system that should have been built on top of for like any batman game ever made going forward. I dont know how we could know Horizon FW is simple not done yet by the time the year is over so I don't see how that is really a good reason. I just figured people have thought 2022 now because of the fact so many other games have been delayed and the fact it may have been targeting a late 2021 meaning a few months would push it to 2022. Well I am not big into lego games fell like they do to many lego games but the fact the new lego Star Wars game covers all 9 of the main star war movies I think is great. But yeah it was supposed to come out last year at one point in time then got pushed to like spring 2021 and now it has not gotten a release date yet and of course spring is only a few weeks away.

Yeah with spiderman 2 I kind of fell the same way because of MM to. Also if Horizon FW is pushed to 2022 than I think it's even more likely that a spiderman 2 is 2023 rather than say a late 2022 game because than you are already have things set for 2022 with Horizon FW, GOW and GT 7. So then 2023 you maybe get spiderman 2 and maybe then like uncharted 5 in 2023 too. I know there have been rumors about the new SD studio taking over for uncharted or something. I wonder if we will find out what they are up to this year even if it is just like a GOW level tease meaning basically a logo. For spiderman 2 like I said if they where to like just show a still photo of Peter in the black suit or something I am sure people would go crazy.

With Nintendo at one point in time I had BOTW 2 has a early 2021 game and late 2021 at latest but that was before covid. Even with covid if its a early 2022 game that is like 5 years and that is with using BOTW assets that kind of worries me. Nintendo is kind of do for a new 3d Mario game so maybe the could be a late 2021 game or maybe its just the Zelda remake stuff. Switch pro I thought would be early 2021 a while back. Now I am starting to wonder if it's really even going to happen. There have been rumors about a switch pro sense like early 2019 and nothing yet. I fell like its getting kind of late to do a pro. If a switch pro comes out early 2022 that would be about 5 years after switch. I fell like it would make a lot more sense to have a pro around 4 year mark than 5 year mark. At 5 year mark it kind of seems late like maybe at that point you are better of just waiting like 2 more years for a switch 2 or what ever Nintendo calls there next gen system.

Yeah I dont want ratchet and clank to be delayed again but like you said its only 1 day before FF so maybe they push it back to July or august. SS yeah maybe it gets pushed to 2023 who knows that is a long way away I mean a lot could happen just between now and the end of 2021 when it comes to that game but the main thing is I just want a update on it this year dont want to go threw 2021 with nothing on it.

Halo Infinite is 100% for November. 20th Anniversary of Halo. It's not getting delayed again. Gotham Knights will be great but it's like new AC games...more RPGish than what the previous games were. We haven't seen any actual gameplay for Horizon 2 and with Sony giving their studios plenty of time, I just don't see it releasing this year. But we'll see.

Agree completely with what you said about Spider Man 2 and it possibly being 2023 with Horizon 2, GOWR and GT 7 being 2022. I think Switch Pro makes sense because they can simply continue with what has been super hot for Nintendo. It will extend the Switch life cycle and they need to have an upgrade to get ports for current gen only games. Doing Switch 2 would be starting over and no reason for Nintendo to start over. Switch can last another 5 years easily. BOTW 2 was supposed to be a 2021 game but it's just not happening anymore.

I don't want Ratchet to be delayed either since it's currently set to be my June game. LOL. But I can't see FF7R (PS5) and Ratchet releasing back to back days. I would be flabbergasted. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »