Home

Old 04-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #9
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No DH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Look, I get what you're saying, but you're basically just explaining how to play National League baseball; which is fine, but certainly not for everyone. All I'm saying is, if it stays this way, I won't be playing DD anymore. It's not so much a threat, as the reality. I'm not going to commit large amount of my limited time to playing a brand of baseball I don't enjoy.
This ^

I understand i can work around all of this. Maybe fielding rating don't matter so much, but id rather not have to start David Ortiz at shortstop and not DH if i already have a quality 1st baseman. Bu,t one would think that a game mode that is so focused on customization, would at least allow the user to be able to choose how to play a game of baseball.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #10
Pro

I don't like not having a DH because it's just a waste of a spot in the batting order. You'll rarely if ever get any production from that spot and instead, you'll have to constantly manage the weak link. If they even get on base, then you'll need to manage their slow *** running.

Even worse, sometimes you'll need to sub out a pitcher that may be pitching well for no reason other than to try to score a run.

I guess some people may like the added "strategy" but to me, it just feels like an unwanted burden that I have to deal with.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

Last edited by vc15; 04-02-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #11
Banned

206God's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
I don't like NOT having a DH because it's just a waste of a spot in the batting order. You'll rarely if ever get any production from that spot and instead, you'll have to constantly manage the weak link. If they even get on base, then you'll need to manage their slow *** running.

Even worse, sometimes you'll need to sub out a pitcher that may be pitching well for no reason other than to try to score a run.

I guess some people may like the added "strategy" but to me, it just feels like an unwanted burden that I have to deal with.
Missing an important word there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206God
Missing an important word there...
Yes...fixed.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #13
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I don't like not having a DH because it's just a waste of a spot in the batting order. You'll rarely if ever get any production from that spot and instead, you'll have to constantly manage the weak link. If they even get on base, then you'll need to manage their slow *** running.

I agree with you, but you're just arguing about why you don't like National League baseball. More of a general baseball debate than game-specific. The debate is more about why SCEA forces you to play this way in this mode.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
I agree with you, but you're just arguing about why you don't like National League baseball. More of a general baseball debate than game-specific. The debate is more about why SCEA forces you to play this way in this mode.
Agreed, I guess it was kind of a useless post.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

Welcome to the National League bud. haha

Ive been complaining about this my entire life. Some "old-school" NL'ers swear by all the strategy of making the pitcher hit, but personally, despite my NL upbringing, I would love a universal DH.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »