Home

Double Tap L1 to Advance Runners

This is a discussion on Double Tap L1 to Advance Runners within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #1
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Double Tap L1 to Advance Runners

Anyone else having to do this since the patch? I also have to double tap it to lead off. I think the patch caused it, as its been happening since then. It's really messing up my base running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Double Tap L1 to Advance Runners

Dont double tap L1 to lead off. If you press it once you will lead off but for some reason the patch ruined it so you won't see him take the first lead until you double tap it. If you double tap it you are actually take two leads.

So just to clarify what I'm saying is that if you double tap you will see him take one lead but you are actually take two and your opponent pitching sees both leads not just the one you saw. So if you are trying to take one step lead you just need to click L1 once.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

It's like with every fix they make they screw something else up. I actually paid money to play DD this year something I will never do again since they can't deliver a functional product
Old 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3000
Dont double tap L1 to lead off. If you press it once you will lead off but for some reason the patch ruined it so you won't see him take the first lead until you double tap it. If you double tap it you are actually take two leads.

So just to clarify what I'm saying is that if you double tap you will see him take one lead but you are actually take two and your opponent pitching sees both leads not just the one you saw. So if you are trying to take one step lead you just need to click L1 once.
That would be why i kept getting picked off after double tapping L1, thinking i was only taking one step. Im not sure if this is a glitch or intentional. The lead off thing sucks, but having to double tap when running bases is really throwing me off. It's definitely cost me a couple runs. I'm used to just holding L1 from the beginning on an extra base hit with runners on.

Im surprised more aren't talking about this. Is it effecting everyone?
Old 05-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
Banned

Oh they are talkin about it. Everybody has been tweeting Ramone Russell about it. They said its supposed to fix in the next patch. mlbtheshows twitter is blown up with it too. I know I said something about it twice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Rookie

dta151's Arena

I had to change the classic back to default because the patch completely screwed everything up on the baserunning. Nothing was working right

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »