Home

Online quitters being awarded the Win

This is a discussion on Online quitters being awarded the Win within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Banned

jergiants's Arena

OVR: 0
Online quitters being awarded the Win

So an online opponent can quit the game and still get the win? Even though it says the game has been "forfeited." Wow. I guess whenever I'm ahead I'll just quit the game if it's that easy. Even if it's a tie game and the opponent has more hits they win... How is this fair? QUITTERS SHOULD NOT BE AWARDED.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Online quitters being awarded the Win

Gotta be a glitch
Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Pro

There's general bug in which the wrong team is awarded the win. I don't this has anything specifically to do with quitters.

Plus, don't assume that your opponent quit. The game has froze and crashed on me twice, penalizing me with a loss and disconnect each time.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
Rookie

CurlyDub34's Arena

I don't think it needs it's own thread and is related to this topic so I figured I would put it here. I'm playing this kid who has a stacked team and I am smashing him 10-3 with my above average, but no where near amazing team. he starts constantly throwing at my players and eventually the game gets stuck in a cut scene after a hit batsman. So I started thinking that he was throwing at me intentionally to get the game to freeze. Any thoughts or experiences with this cause it's kinda weak.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyDub34
I don't think it needs it's own thread and is related to this topic so I figured I would put it here. I'm playing this kid who has a stacked team and I am smashing him 10-3 with my above average, but no where near amazing team. he starts constantly throwing at my players and eventually the game gets stuck in a cut scene after a hit batsman. So I started thinking that he was throwing at me intentionally to get the game to freeze. Any thoughts or experiences with this cause it's kinda weak.
I be had it freeze twice from being hit or hitting someone both were in the 8th inning. It may be a bug that he saw happen and he manually recreated it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
what some of top of leaderboard players are now doing SMH happened to me a few times already as well
Old 04-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I have twice lost connection immediately after getting HBP. First was in a game where I was up 7-0 after 2. I figured he quit out of frustration, as he had made a few unfortunate errors and then Rizzo tagged him for a 3-run HR.

2nd time was when my very first hitter of the game got plunked (Starling Marte, who is a pain in the *** to face in this game).

Both times I got the win, so I chalked it up to the opponent quitting out of frustration.

Maybe it is a glitch?
Old 04-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #8
Banned

I just got hit by one of these. I won in a complete 9 inning game, but the guy probably turned off his system or something and my record never got credit for a win.

I hope it processes at some point. It was a redemption game because the guy beat me the first time we played. Only guy who beat me so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »