Home

Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS!

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #73
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I'd start using Rod Carew for sure if he could play SS without committing a ton of errors, but alas, his only secondary position is 1B, where I already have plenty of superior options.

I'm hoping to complete the Cardinals collection soon so that I can unlock Ozzie Smith and make him my SS, because that's the only position I'm really struggling with in the infield.
I used Ozzie quite a bit. Love his defense and raw speed. His hitting however leaves something to be desired. Currently using & settled on Andrus at the 6.

Also use Carew off the bench for that clutch hit. Would definitely not venture him at shortstop.

Why not just use your DD player at SS? Probably the best position for him.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Carew at SS oddly enough is the best SS in this game. Even though he doesn't have it as a secondary position. I've used every big name SS in the game. Tulo, Ozzie, Yount, and none of them compare to Carew as an all around player. He has not made 1 single error for me in 46 games. Just don't overthrow the ball and you will have zero issues. Batting wise I found him even better than Tulo.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchanan330
Carew at SS oddly enough is the best SS in this game. Even though he doesn't have it as a secondary position. I've used every big name SS in the game. Tulo, Ozzie, Yount, and none of them compare to Carew as an all around player. He has not made 1 single error for me in 46 games. Just don't overthrow the ball and you will have zero issues. Batting wise I found him even better than Tulo.
I tried Carew at SS for three games and he kept dropping routine grounders and pop ups. It didn't have anything to do with errant throws.

Throwing the ball on-target is easy, even if you're playing a guy out of position, because you still have user control over that. Catching the ball and reacting to the ball is what gets nerfed the hardest, because that stuff is all AI controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #76
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Carew would receive a 40 pct deduction at SS. No way is he better there. You just havent had enough of a sample size yet.

Youtube
Old 04-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #77
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Will Clark has been solid offensively and defensively. It seems like I've been hitting a lot of opposite field home runs.

I came up with 'no results' when I searched for Al Kaline in this thread.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Will Clark has been solid offensively and defensively. It seems like I've been hitting a lot of opposite field home runs
Is it just me misremembering or did his hot/cold zones change recently?

I could have sworn that Clark had all reds and maybe one blue a few days ago, and now he has cold zones all over the place.

Maybe I just clicked on the wrong player the time that I saw him with all red zones?

Anyway, I've been sucking with Will Clark thus far. I'm hitting .214 with 0 HR and 1 RBI in 14 AB.

And since he's left-handed, you're pretty much stuck putting him at first base, otherwise you'll get goofy animations from having a lefty infielder.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-21-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #79
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Don't those zones change based on the player's performance?
Old 04-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Don't those zones change based on the player's performance?
I believe that only happens for your created player.

All the other players in the game should have static hot/cold zones, unless they get changed in one of Sony's roster updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »