Home

New MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Packs Available!

This is a discussion on New MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Packs Available! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Packs Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by econn98
Out of curiosity - How have you earned 40K stubs in 1.5 days? Or is this also taking into account whatever you purchased as well?
Here's how. I purchased Dustin Pedroia of the Boston Red Sox for 21,000 stubs at 11:34AM. I sold him at 1:19PM for 26,000 stubs. Taking into account seller tax, I made 3,700 stubs in profit. Now do this for similar cards over and over again, and you'll eventually have enough stubs to outright buy Mike Trout.

It's risky because the market, like any market, can tank at any time as information becomes more universal, among other things.

In general, you will have a better outcome on the market if you submit an order. But this takes more time as you sometimes have to adjust the prices. But some people don't care about getting the best deal so they just hit Buy Now/Sell Now. But by putting in an order you will sell cards for more and buy cards for less, in general. On the other hand, if everyone did this the prices would approach equilibrium and it would be more difficult to make a profit.

Of course, it pays to diversify. If you keep going back to the same well I find that the profit margin will decrease. I probably won't go back to Pedroia until later.

Last edited by Spokker; 04-10-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #26
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by econn98
Out of curiosity - How have you earned 40K stubs in 1.5 days? Or is this also taking into account whatever you purchased as well?

1st I built up a solid base by selling off unneeded players. I used The Show Nation online market and did most of this from my laptop while I was doing other stuff like watching TV or something. I did sell 2 very good players (Jake McGee and Fernando Rodney) but other than that it was all bronzes or low silvers I didn't need but that I could get solid value on. Even if you're only selling a a crappy bronze guy for 49 or 59 stubs, those add up quickly when you do it dozens of times. Then I sold off equipment I wasn't using. I kept 1 of each item type (bat, cleats, batting gloves, fielding glove) and sold the rest. Don't waste your time on selling the ritual items because unless they're gold or above they're pretty much worthless.

I worked my way up to over 20k doing this. Then I bought Goldschmidt at 22,999 and sold him at 28,999. Then I bought Jose Fernandez at 12,999 and sold him at 18,999. Then I did the same thing with Josh Donaldson, and so on and so forth. Getting a few thousand stubs at a time.

Unfortunately, my latest attempt has backfired. I bought Giancarlo Stanton at 42k yesterday morning and was going to sell him for around 51,999 or somewhere in there. Right after I bought him and re-listed him is when they started rolling out those new packs, and his market seems to have burst. I've seen people quick selling him at 40k the last 2 days. Even if the market works it's way back up to 49,999 someone will immediately come and list for 47k, then 45k, tanking his value.

I can get my money back if I sell him for 46,408 (broke out the calculator on my phone lol) or higher. So I may wait for his market to creep back up to around 47-48 and then sell him while I can and get out of the Stanton market lol. Try to identify new targets to flip.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 04-10-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Should flood the market some and lower prices
That's what I was hoping for, but it hasn't happened yet.

Prices are still steadily going up on everything except the worthless cards.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Seems like the odds still suck for these packs that's why
Old 04-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Seems like the odds still suck for these packs that's why
Yep, for how much the new packs cost, it seems like those who enjoy opening packs are better off sticking with the 1,000 stub versions.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Yep, for how much the new packs cost, it seems like those who enjoy opening packs are better off sticking with the 1,000 stub versions.
Yeah, I agree.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 PM   #31
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:

and Giancarlo Stanton, people are tanking his market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #32
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

^^^ case in point, someone has him listed for 39,999 right this second. A few days ago people didn't even try to put in buy orders at that price because it was too low, now it's the sell now price lol. Damnit. I'm never gonna make my money back on this, at this point I just want to minimize the losses so I can try to build back up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »