Home

How to defend against exploits in DD

This is a discussion on How to defend against exploits in DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 PM   #145
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to defend against exploits in DD

I think i'm done playing. Not because of exploits, of course they don't help, but I just can't hit anything. if I use zone i'm late on fastballs early on breaking balls. if I use directional I get good timing on meatball pitches right down the middle and it's a whiff. any contact is a line out, pop up, or ground out. I thought maybe I just needed to upgrade my team but I have golds and diamonds at every position and no one can do anything.

and god forbid I actually get a hit, then I get to watch my base runner round first and get tagged out by a diving first baseman because he decided he's not going to run through first with absolutely nothing I can do about it.

on the other hand I have everyone I play against hitting HRs left and right. people actually hit HR's against me on accident, had a guy swing way early on a low changeup he was clearly swinging for the fastball and yet it's a no doubt HR. I had a guy hit a HR off a 95+ mph fastball inside off the plate.

I guess i'm just not capable of doing well in this year's game so I'm just gonna trade it in for 20 while I still can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #146
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How to defend against exploits in DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
It's unclear whether you are actually referencing baseball tactics or your own beliefs.

If the game is tied/you are down by one late in the game, you have one out, a guy on third and you are ahead in the count....you would bunt.

There's no reason to risk striking out or hitting a hard grounder, stranding the runner when you can bunt and guarantee the game changing run.
Joey Votto has never had a sacrifice bunt in his entire nine year MLB career. Someone that has never had a sacrifice bunt would not be bunting with the bases loaded and one out. He would be looking to break the game wide open, or, at the very least, hit a fly ball somewhere to bring the runner from third in. A poor bunt would easily get the guy out at home

That play would have never happened.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

Last edited by sbauer318; 07-16-2015 at 10:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »