Home

How to defend against exploits in DD

This is a discussion on How to defend against exploits in DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: How to defend against exploits in DD

Which pickoff move are you guys using to get outs?

I try picking off people with a lead at first and second base all the time but I haven't made one out yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 10:26 PM   #66
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Which pickoff move are you guys using to get outs?

I try picking off people with a lead at first and second base all the time but I haven't made one out yet.
Typically the hold button move works most often for me, but only with with a left handed first baseman. Runners can take an extra lead on 2nd or 1st (w/ right handed 1B) with no problem. The odds of picking those guys off isn't worth the trouble, just doesn't happen.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #67
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Here's a curious one. When matchmaking some people seem to be putting mostly lefties in their rotation so when you get to the lineup and you start adjusting your lineup they back out. I got matched with the same person 6 or 7 times in a row and they kept backing out until he got a righty. I'm guessing they put 4 lefties so that they can always use their Nolan Ryan or something. Seems tedious and I ended up backing out anyways since f-that.

This happened before, but I didn't know why they kept backing out. I thought maybe they didn't want to face a lefty since I had 3 in my rotation at the time. I switched to an all righty rotation just to get into more games, but they could have been doing the same thing.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #68
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Here's a curious one. When matchmaking some people seem to be putting mostly lefties in their rotation so when you get to the lineup and you start adjusting your lineup they back out. I got matched with the same person 6 or 7 times in a row and they kept backing out until he got a righty. I'm guessing they put 4 lefties so that they can always use their Nolan Ryan or something. Seems tedious and I ended up backing out anyways since f-that.

This happened before, but I didn't know why they kept backing out. I thought maybe they didn't want to face a lefty since I had 3 in my rotation at the time. I switched to an all righty rotation just to get into more games, but they could have been doing the same thing.
Don't you get the loss for backing out at that point? I bring this up only because I searched a game once when I first started playing and it got to that same point in setting the lineups and tgen something came up so I had to quit out to take care of it and when I came back to the game I noticed one more loss on my record then I remembered. I could be wrong
Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #69
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Don't you get the loss for backing out at that point? I bring this up only because I searched a game once when I first started playing and it got to that same point in setting the lineups and tgen something came up so I had to quit out to take care of it and when I came back to the game I noticed one more loss on my record then I remembered. I could be wrong
I don't see any games on my record when I've backed out or my opponent backed out. The game never started/never happened. I feel like people would be under .500 if that was the case. I've backed out a few times for various reasons. mainly people sitting at the stadium select screen or never hitting start on their lineup for some reason. Maybe need to test this and see if it adds a loss to your record. Would be a weird choice to do that since it punished people who did nothing wrong like in situations where someone won't advance for whatever reason. Maybe the person that was doing this had no idea it gave them a loss. It doesn't reduce your rating though does it?

Last edited by MrOldboy; 04-26-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #70
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

smh this community is sad, forfeit game because time alloted due to having to play bunt defense against every other batter while winning in 13 innings cmon SCEA
Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #71
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Are any of you having issues with quick pitching? Seems like the online game can't process all this info fast enough so your hitting is just not very effective.

Balks should be turned on. In the meantime, I just might have to start using HustlinOwl's method of using R3 every batter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #72
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Are any of you having issues with quick pitching? Seems like the online game can't process all this info fast enough so your hitting is just not very effective.

Balks should be turned on. In the meantime, I just might have to start using HustlinOwl's method of using R3 every batter.
No balks on would be terrible. Quick pitching is necessary at the moment to combat people using the pitcher view to hit. I thought it was dumb until I ran into a person using it the other day. They tried it in DD before and it was a mess. Everyone balked 10+ times a game and it makes the games take long as a result. Newer players would be at a huge disadvantage since default balks are off. It's my opinion that whatever settings are default in the game, those need to be used in DD so everyone knows what's up. Only when something is exploited, like the pitcher hitting view, should it be changed. That is a default camera view and should be removed from online.

I haven't had much issue hitting quick pitches. Often people use it so you can't get your steal input in and throw high fastballs so you can stick your PCI up there and even hit balls up there hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »