Home

Anyone just collect?

This is a discussion on Anyone just collect? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone just collect?

I really have no desire in playing people online or even creating a DD team.. I mainly stick to franchise the whole time I play this game..

However, today I went in and checked all the cards I have earned.. I even went into the market and started buying every Royals card I could afford..

I doubt I'll play any games but this card collecting business is bringing back childhood memories and I'm loving it.. I'm going to try and just stack every team.

Anyone else just into the card collecting factor besides me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone just collect?

I do too! I am pretty strictly an offline franchise player. However, I am a huge sports collectible fan and I collect a lot of cards. I am having a blast opening packs and selling my extras to buy more packs and fill in the holes. I have been selling all of the equipment as well and right now all of the diamond and gold cards which will make getting the sets tougher but they keep the stubs rolling in!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have been strictly an offline franchise guy my entire gaming life.

MLB 15 has changed that forever.

I highly recommend you give online a shot. Not playing randoms. Playing simulation like minded players. There is nothing like it people.

Now I have dived head first into Diamond Dynasty this year. And I have to tell you it is an absolute blast. Between collecting the cards, making lineup decisions, designing my uniforms and logo and then of course playing the games. It has been a joy.

Have I run into cheesers in DD? No question. I ran into one in 7 games. Not a bad ratio. And I can tell you this. If you have guys who are throwing dirt balls a lot.....take pitches. They will get frustrated and then you can pounce.

I think DD is a card collectors dream mode. I am collecting and using the market to flip duplicate cards for Stubs to acquire more packs. I have not bought one single player card. Every player I have I got from opening packs. That is my preference as I want to to have a robust experience and enjoy the journey of the evolution of my Florida Bandits.

Take a spin with this mode or online in general. You may just get hooked and open up some more modes to enjoy this incredible game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-10-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
Banned

Agreed 100% that DD has been nothing but amazing for me. Except for the server issues and a few in game freeze issues (That I'm sure will be fixed soon) this game is amazing. The DD concept makes it so much fun to play and will keep me interested for a very long time. I would say its by far the best online concept for a sports game out of any of them. Fifa, NBA, Madden. Nothing can touch this years version of DD for me. Cant wait until they come out with a patch to fix the initial issues that every game has at the beginning and play it all the time!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I love the collecting aspect of DD this year. Love it.

A friend of mine at work is also an avid baseball fan who plays The Show 15. This morning we were discussing DD and all of the players we have so far. Soon we discovered we could trade cards by listing them at 1 on the web app and purchasing really fast. It was like we were little kids trading actual baseball cards again. Just awesome.

P.S.: Ramone, if you happen to read this, please never remove this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Anyone just collect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been strictly an offline franchise guy my entire gaming life.

MLB 15 has changed that forever.

I highly recommend you give online a shot. Not playing randoms. Playing simulation like minded players. There is nothing like it people.

Now I have dived head first into Diamond Dynasty this year. And I have to tell you it is an absolute blast. Between collecting the cards, making lineup decisions, designing my uniforms and logo and then of course playing the games. It has been a joy.

Have I run into cheesers in DD? No question. I ran into one in 7 games. Not a bad ratio. And I can tell you this. If you have guys who are throwing dirt balls a lot.....take pitches. They will get frustrated and then you can pounce.

I think DD is a card collectors dream mode. I am collecting and using the market to flip duplicate cards for Stubs to acquire more packs. I have not bought one single player card. Every player I have I got from opening packs. That is my preference as I want to to have a robust experience and enjoy the journey of the evolution of my Florida Bandits.

Take a spin with this mode or online in general. You may just get hooked and open up some more modes to enjoy this incredible game.

Man I always take your posts with value and I may take your advice here.

I love the fact that I can play strictly offline and still partake in the DD features however, I would like to see how my team stacks against others in an online matchup.. The only thing that scares me is lag, connection problems etc..

The last time I played show online was 11 or 12 and it was near unplayable. I may have to give it another shot tonight.

I would have to say the thing I love most about the mode, when I'm up at school during the weeks I don't have internet so I never get rewards.. Came back home to my parents for the weekend and when I logged on this morning I got about 8 cards.
Extremely awesome I was still earning cards even when I played offline for a week.

Props to SCEA for this mode, I'm already loving everything about it and I've yet to even create my team. Not to mention the market is pretty damn sweet, it's a mother effing stock market for baseball cards!!! Guys the 12 year old me is jumping up and down right now..

Old 04-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I love the collecting aspect of DD this year. Love it.

A friend of mine at work is also an avid baseball fan who plays The Show 15. This morning we were discussing DD and all of the players we have so far. Soon we discovered we could trade cards by listing them at 1 on the web app and purchasing really fast. It was like we were little kids trading actual baseball cards again. Just awesome.

P.S.: Ramone, if you happen to read this, please never remove this feature.

I may have to check out this web app.. Sounds awesome.. Would be great to get a little community together trading, collecting cards etc.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
Would be great to get a little community together trading, collecting cards etc.
It occurred to me there should be a fairly reliable way of doing this. Let's say you had a card you wanted to gift to a friend for trading purposes. If your friend created a Buy Order for that card at a low, unique number -- say 8 -- it would act as an identifier so that you know you're selling it to the right person.

Does this sound like it would work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »