Home

DD Created Player as RP or Closer?

This is a discussion on DD Created Player as RP or Closer? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
DD Created Player as RP or Closer?

Is anyone else having an issue using their DD created player out of the bullpen? Every time I bring mine in he is already tired. I have 71 stamina as a SP and I'm a 94 overall, so not sure why this would happen every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: DD Created Player as RP or Closer?

This might be to prevent people from bringing in their pitcher every game. Since there is no energy in DD you can use pitchers every game. Also if you put your pitcher in the rotation you cannot pinch hit with them and bring them into the game that way. The devs are aware of how people could exploit the one DD player.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

How many pitches are you throwing with him? The devs might of made it were if he throws x amount of pitches he will be tired next game.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
Rookie

He's never pitched for me. Previously played SS but I have Tulo now. Put him back in the collection for a game then in the bullpen and he has never had full stamina.

I can use any other reliever every game and they are never tired. It looks like stamina resets each time a new starter is selected.

I am highly doubting that they programmed into the game that if my pitcher batted the previous game he does not have enough stamina to pitch the next.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Again, I think that this is due to the devs not wanting people to be able to use their DD pitcher every single game.

If you could bring them in you could put your pitcher batting 3rd and bring in your DD player after one batter. Do this every game and you can start your DD player every game and have them in the lineup since they are also likely a great hitter.

The right way to go about this in my opinion is to automatically make the DD player's stamina 24 or 25 like other RP's and not allow you to use him to pinch hit like they do when you put the DD player in the rotation. Or just not allow you to use them as a RP and only as a SP so people don't waste their DD player and end up with a 0 stamina pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #6
Rookie

steagles's Arena

I feel like this is probably to keep people from bringing their guy in out of the bullpen every game in the second inning.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

I was thinking that's it too. I guess I'll just sell Tulo and use the stubs to upgrade my last bullpen spot. No point in keeping him if my DD player is just as good.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #8
Rookie

demolitio's Arena

I had that problem as well so I just made my player a starter and hope to get him selected enough to make it worth it. So far he's pitched a shutout and is getting on base with ease since his hitting is amazing yet people treat him like a normal pitcher...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »