Home

Good thing the rare cards are so difficult to obtain

This is a discussion on Good thing the rare cards are so difficult to obtain within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #9
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Good thing the rare cards are so difficult to obtain

Still not better than what i have one word Mike trout
Old 04-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

You guys all makes great points about what this means to the competitive side of DD. From a collector standpoint, it's a bit disappointing since I figured chasing down Legends was going to be a huge part of this mode's appeal and it appears that may burn out quickly. Granted, I've only completed 8 of 30 team sets and the big ones still lie ahead, but it looks totally doable from here.

As far as getting Trout, Kershaw, etc., yeah, they're tough to obtain, but nothing like scoring a Messi or Ronaldo in FUT. You could spend months flipping just to get enough for either one of those guys (well, you could before they screwed the FUT market anyway). Maybe part of that has to do with the relatively small card pool in DD.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #11
Rookie

goodplanbarf's Arena

I know this is a longshot but I think next year they should have legend Teams. Like 1998 yankees, 2004 red sox, etc. and all the players from those teams would be available, bringing a wider variety of players in the pool. Then you'd have guys using players not because of their overall but maybe because that was their favorite player, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Hoosierdaddy76's Arena

The opposite is much, much worse. I'm thinking about FIFA Ultimate Team here. They finally this year had to completely seize control over the market because of rampant coin-selling which led to many of the best players not just reaching max price cap, but becoming extinct. The only way you could obtain certain players was by purchasing them on Ebay, because they simply stopped appearing on the market once demand hit a certain point.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #13
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchanan330
It makes zero difference what players everyone has. Regardless there is still a game to be played. The better player will win regardless of players.
^ this. Well said.

Have beaten lineups filled with legends at all positions (unlike what your'e posting) and with a squad of standard golds & silvers no less, enough to know that this doesn't mean much.

FYI those aren't "rare" cards. Rare cards are diamonds. You have none in your lineup.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy76
The opposite is much, much worse. I'm thinking about FIFA Ultimate Team here. They finally this year had to completely seize control over the market because of rampant coin-selling which led to many of the best players not just reaching max price cap, but becoming extinct. The only way you could obtain certain players was by purchasing them on Ebay, because they simply stopped appearing on the market once demand hit a certain point.
That's actually a great point. Wish there was a happy medium.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:25 AM   #15
Rookie

I pulled a dimond trout with 3k after finishing the red sox collection lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 04:50 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

I disagree. It's fine how it is. This mode shouldn't become like every other sport game's Ultimate Team mode where the odds are so low to get good players that only people who spend money can obtain them.

There are youtubers who literally spend tens of thousands on packs every year in Fifa Ultimate Team and have never pulled Messi or Ronaldo. They are that stupidly rare to pull.

Alot of people here are crying about having to go up against stacked line ups. Funny, because I watch streams all the time where people who paid to have 90+ rated teams are whining that their players keep lining out and not performing up to par. Having a 90+ line up won't save you against high level competition if you swing at everything, can't mix up your pitches or neglect to use your defensive adjusts.

The solution is to have multiple game modes. An unranked game mode where you can use any player on your team in casual matches against the CPU, online opponents or friends.

Then have another mode (ranked, road to the world series) where there are team building restrictions. Only one diamond, 2-3 golds and unlimited silver/bronzes/commons allowed. The same would go with the pitching lineup, only one diamond, one gold and unlimited silver/bronzes/commons. Or they could do it by rating, only one 90+ rated player, whatever works.

You would see more realistic teams then and team building would be important as you'd have to think about what positional weaknesses you are okay with your team having.

Last edited by takki; 04-19-2015 at 04:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »