Home

Opponent constantly pausing.

This is a discussion on Opponent constantly pausing. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Opponent constantly pausing.

How is pitching quick cause for you to act like a baby and slow the game down.
Instead of a 30 minute game it's 45 minutes because some people can't process pitches unless they are 50 seconds apart.
Honestly it shouldn't even be 5 minutes and there should be a limit to pauses per inning you should only pause to use the bullpen and subs pausing to throw people off or be a jerk because you are losing is lame.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
Banned

jergiants's Arena

My last opponent did the same thing, so I just did it back to him. They're just idiots who think pausing a game is playing mind games or something.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #11
Rookie

I don't ever pause but I do try and play the mind games. For example, if my opponent is quick pitching me I will take my one free practice swing that they cant skip through. Usually it results in a less accurate pitch that I can either try and jump on or sometimes it goes for a ball. After that, if they still try and quick pitch me in the AB I'll call time once they come set. I'm not sure it works but I'm sure its at least a bit annoying.

Another thing I do when I'm pitching is mix up my pitching times. Sometimes I quick pitch and then in the same at bat, I'll come set and wait 5-6 seconds and then come to the plate. This seems to be a lot more effective for me. Its so easy as a batter to just take cut after cut after cut and develop a decent eye, but the key is to whether or not you can keep that eye through a slight delay. For me, I struggle with it and I'd like to consider myself a half decent player.

Its all just a way to get an edge. I choose to do this over taking advantage of the drag bunts and slow fielding mechanics (meaning I take extra bases when I know they wont be able to get me because of the slow mechanics and not because its a legitimate play). To each their own though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I think it shows as paused when the opponents is looking at pitcher/batter ratings with the D-pad. I've gotten into the habit of looking at ratings each at bat for whatever reason and I've had opponents get irritated with it so they will intentional pause and unpause very quickly and repeatedly to mock me. I don't do it to irritate or throw off the timing of my opponents, I just enjoy taking my time and looking at the ratings for each matchup. I can definitely see how it would bother my opponent though.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
I think it shows as paused when the opponents is looking at pitcher/batter ratings with the D-pad. I've gotten into the habit of looking at ratings each at bat for whatever reason and I've had opponents get irritated with it so they will intentional pause and unpause very quickly and repeatedly to mock me. I don't do it to irritate or throw off the timing of my opponents, I just enjoy taking my time and looking at the ratings for each matchup. I can definitely see how it would bother my opponent though.
Yep, your opponent probably isn't hitting start, he's probably just pressing the d-pad to check the pitcher/batter ratings, make a defensive shift, or check his bullpen.

No big deal here.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Thanks for all the input. Checking out the ratings makes sense, I can't believe I didn't even think of that.

To the people who do it to throw off the speed of the game: you have every right to do that, within the 5 minutes, of course. When I play, I'm not trying to throw off the batter by pitching fast... I'm trying to play a game of baseball in a timely matter, not all of us can play an hour long game every time, especially when they go into extra innings frequently.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #15
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

When your opponent goes to the on screen display to check ratings bars (left arrow button?) we might be seeing the pause screen unlike last year where we actually saw them viewing the onscreen display.

I think this was changed because last year, you could 'button mash' the onscreen display command several times to show your anger when something didn't go your way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
What's R3? Is that the one that gives you a closeup of the pitcher? They need to take this out because people aren't using it as intended. Id say 1% of the gamers actually use it to look down the 3B line.
People don't use it properly because the opponent shouldn't know when you're peeking down the 3B line. Using it as intended just immediately tells the opposition you're looking to bunt.

The people that stare at your pitcher are ****ing obnoxious though. Whenever they do that, I take the absolute max amount of time to pitch each time until they stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »