Home

Why are people doing this?

This is a discussion on Why are people doing this? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why are people doing this?

My opponent goes to his pause screen and lets the time run all the way out. This has happened to me five times now. Each time I'm ahead and the game is out of reach. The most egregious example is a 1-hitter I had going with two outs in the top of the ninth and two strikes on the final batter. The guy pressed pause and let the clock expire.

What is the benefit of doing this? Do the games not count as losses when you pull this crap? It's irritating and it has caused me to become paranoid any time my opponent goes to the pause screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Rookie

SpicoliBors's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are people doing this?

They are giving up and taking the loss by timing out. They just want to annoy you and make you wait for the time to expire.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicoliBors
They are giving up and taking the loss by timing out. They just want to annoy you and make you wait for the time to expire.
It's really that simple eh? What a dick move.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSeahawks
My opponent goes to his pause screen and lets the time run all the way out. This has happened to me five times now. Each time I'm ahead and the game is out of reach. The most egregious example is a 1-hitter I had going with two outs in the top of the ninth and two strikes on the final batter. The guy pressed pause and let the clock expire.

What is the benefit of doing this? Do the games not count as losses when you pull this crap? It's irritating and it has caused me to become paranoid any time my opponent goes to the pause screen.
Losers who think making you wait 5 minutes will ease the pain of their loss
Old 05-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

When someone does this, I put my Microphone on my phone, and play the Narwhales song from the sprint commercial on repeat. I have had people then just flat outt quit then without waiting the whole 5 mins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
When someone does this, I put my Microphone on my phone, and play the Narwhales song from the sprint commercial on repeat. I have had people then just flat outt quit then without waiting the whole 5 mins.

Good God that sounds like my nightmare.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Personally I'd sit there with a smile knowing that 1: I'm getting the win anyway, and 2: That person must be extremely pissed about losing.

Wait, you don't just drag bunt every at bat do you? Just kidding! I noticed that basically everyone on this site hates that. I think this post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hing-else.html proves how much people hate that.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:45 AM   #8
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRC323
Personally I'd sit there with a smile knowing that 1: I'm getting the win anyway, and 2: That person must be extremely pissed about losing.

Wait, you don't just drag bunt every at bat do you? Just kidding! I noticed that basically everyone on this site hates that. I think this post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hing-else.html proves how much people hate that.
People hate the bunt abuse because it isn't what most people would call "baseball" and is just a lame tactic in general in that it requires little to no skill. At least some of the other cheese-tactics require some skill, although hitting L2 on the controller everytime a runner is on 1st isn't really a skill either. Most people on here just want to play competitive games of baseball against other people. Not "Do Whatever it Takes to Gain Any Small Advantage: The Video Game"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »