Home

Finishing collections?

This is a discussion on Finishing collections? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #9
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Finishing collections?

I see Brantley and Kluber, but that would make for more cards than are listed to complete the set.

?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 55

Brantley IS needed. Kluber is not.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #11
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Question:

back when the game first came out, I remember people saying you a) didn't need players higher rated than the legend to complete the set and b)the "can't sell the cards after you complete it" rule didn't apply to those players who are higher rated than the legend.

Up until now I hadn't even attempted to complete any collections, but I just noticed I was a few cheap cards away from the Rockies so I did it.

Now it's showing that I can not sell Tulo, even though he's NOT required to complete the set, nor was he a loyalty reward (he was pulled in a pack). Is this an error, or did they change this with a patch, or did I just have this all wrong from the beginning and you were never allowed to sell any cards belonging to a set you finished even if they weren't required?

I don't want to sell Tulo, but this might make me reconsider doing a few other sets. I'm really close to finishing the Blue Jays, and I own Edwin Encarnacion who is NOT required for the set, but I may want to sell him some day down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 03:50 AM   #12
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

From the look of it all cards for the team get locked instead of just the ones needed for the legend. So for now make sure to sell the card you want to keep first and then rebuy it after completing the collection. Mike Trout seems to be the one people are most annoyed with since he is so expensive.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 AM   #13
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
From the look of it all cards for the team get locked instead of just the ones needed for the legend. So for now make sure to sell the card you want to keep first and then rebuy it after completing the collection. Mike Trout seems to be the one people are most annoyed with since he is so expensive.

So if I had pulled Tulo AFTER completing the collection he would be sell-able, but since I had him when I accepted the legend it locks him?

Might sell Edwin before I accept the Blue Jays legend and then re-buy him, could probably even make a 1-2k profit on it. I would just hate to be locked into Edwin and then pull a Goldschmidt in my next pack or something and not be able to sell Edwin when he's not even required for the set.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 AM   #14
Rookie

I had the same problem and for me it is a logical error.

I created a bug report: theshownation.com/bug_reports/13601

Vote on it if you feel the same way as that seems to be the only thing that makes reports get attendance by the devs. I've had another issue where I didn't receive 18,000 stubs for selling a card but that report hasn't been touched for almost 2 weeks.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #15
Rookie

Question: Do you have to claim the legend player in order to get the 5% earnings bonus, or do you get the bonus just by having the set collected?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #16
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzel
I had the same problem and for me it is a logical error.

I created a bug report: theshownation.com/bug_reports/13601

Vote on it if you feel the same way as that seems to be the only thing that makes reports get attendance by the devs. I've had another issue where I didn't receive 18,000 stubs for selling a card but that report hasn't been touched for almost 2 weeks.

Upvoted it.

Do you know if what I said works though? About selling the player before you claim the legend and then re-buying him, will he then be sell-able?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »